02 March, 2010

Twilight

Ranting time. If you are one of those people who enjoys reading Twilight a lot, please ignore this article. It's written by an Anti-Twi.
So okay, I don't like Twilight. For one thing, THERE'S TOO MUCH DARN ROMANCE. I can handle such things as long as there's a PLOT. Unfortunately, in Breaking Dawn it seems as if Bella and Edward will live happily. Ever. After. What kind of a good read ends that way? Nobody dies, nobody really, truly suffers, and everything's just dandy.

Please.

Meyer says that she "wasn't going to have a Hamlet ending", but if so, why did she set it up the way she did? With all due respect--she was a Nat. Merit Scholar--I think it should have been plotted differently and with more action.

There were some parts that I enjoyed, such as the history aspect to vampires, the way Carlisle fought through his thirst and the way they all try not to drink human blood, but that's about all the really interesting stuff there is.

Again, I don't mean to offend anyone, it's just my perspective on a series that's taken the world by storm.

4 comments:

Jojo said...

Hahaha :) I totally agree!! I guess I can't really have a completely legitimate view on Twilight (since I wasn't able to make myself read them all for the life of me,) but I totally agree with the no plot thing.

Meyer's made love seem so easy. Obviously vampires aren't real, and obviously falling in love with anyone close to perfect is pretty far-fetched. Twilight would have been a lot better if she'd made it a little more down-to-earth.

By the way, nice blog! :)

Icewolf said...

AMEN! i don't get twilight. they all need lives..oops, i forgot, they can't- they're dead! (bad joke, sorry)

The Golden Eagle said...

Thanks!

KENZY said...

I am agreeing here! And seriously, Stephanie, there's this awesome book called a thesaurus! I'll let you borrow mine just to find a synonym for the word 'drizzle'.