15 March, 2010

Uglies

Did I like reading this book? Yes. Did I find its view on the world interesting? Yes. Do I really like this book and am I willing to call it one of my favorites? We-e-e-l-l . . . I have a few things to say about it, first.

For one thing, Scott Westerfeld (for a while I thought it was Westerfield) has a few scientific issues. A) bacteria is destroyed by fire, and therefore, it doesn't seem very likely that it would be passed by making oil ignite when in contact with oxygen. (the bacterium it seems would be incinerated before they could be passed on by the smoke) B) Why on Earth (I'm being literal, here) would someone create a bacterium possible of such destruction? It seems pretty unlikely, but then again, terrorists always loom . . . C) Lesions. I'm not positive that a surgically altered cluster of brain cells is called a lesion. Perhaps, but usually it refers to something pased on by a disease, and a surgical operation is not a disease, 99% percent of the population or no.

Other than that, I think this is a good book, and I recommend it to others who might be interested. And since this is a trilogy, I still have Pretties, and Specials to go. (There's an extra Extras too ;)

If you have read this book or have anything you'd like to say, comment away!!

1 comment:

Icewolf said...

i LOVED that book. absolutely devoured it. i was a little disappointed how he ended the series though.