07 March, 2010

The War of the Worlds

The War of the Worlds
Author: H. G. Wells
Genre: Sci-Fi
Rating: 3.5 out of 5
Overview: This is an interesting book. Written in 1898, its not exactly cutting edge and modern, so the style its written in is kind of old, but that doesn't diminish the overall plot in the least. The plot is good, and it portrays things in people that are typically attempted to be ignored; greed when times get tough, violence during strife, and the strange ideas people sometimes form.
I found this book to sometimes leave me a little . . . well, not bored, exactly, but with that time period people wrote a lot of explanations and very thick paragraphs instead of there being more action. There were several parts that left me hanging, and I really like books that do that, so overall I liked it.
Do I recommend it? YES. It gives you an image of what people thought of the concept of aliens and the universe beyond Earth. It is different from the way we think about things now, but the comparison is very interesting.

1 comment:

KENZY said...

cool! it sounds good. :)