23 April, 2010

Opal Skies . . .

"Sapphire" seems to be the usual description of the sky, so I thought I'd use something different. After all, skies aren't as solid blue as the Hope Diamond (which would sell for a totally ridiculous and insane amount of money if the Smithsonian every lost its head and decided to sell the thing) it's more like an opal, with the swirly clouds (or puffy ones) and, of course, the sun's bright yellow on good days, and etc. I've even seen the Hope Diamond (and many other museums at the capital) and it doesn't completely remind me of the sky.

Gee, that was random.

ANYWAYS. Today was a good day, and I turned 13 1/3. (I like the way it looks.) Not really imporant, but it's a milestone, in its own way. I failed to work on my story, but I was in the back entry room with a case of nostalgia. (My mom (and I, somewhat. :P) were packing up old doll stuff.) I even remembered little glue caps that were from years ago. How is it that I can remember the shape of little glue caps, but not even the names of the planets in my SF story? Memory is strange . . .

Just some thoughts, and I felt like posting them. :)

-----The Golden Eagle

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Love your description of the sky. Opals are my favorite gem stones because they're my birth stone. =]My mind remembers and forgets odd things as well. =p

Icewolf said...

I'm always sorta random :D