18 June, 2010

I am a Curve

Who would want to be a Straight and Narrow?

Whoever has read Witch & Wizard, raise your hand. Well, I have, and since Maximum Ride is going downhill, I think I might say that W&W is probably creeping to the front of my "Favorite Books by Patterson" list of titles. It's not the best-ever series, but it breaks my serious lack-of-reading-material streak, which I am currently going through.

Read it! Go on! Proceed! March forth! [Insert cliche of choice]!

*****

You know how some things just stick in your head and irritate you to death? Like music, for example. Two days ago, PBS aired this commercial/promo thing, and now I can't get the music out of my poor head! I looked up the lyrics that I could remember and got something by Coldplay, but the tune didn't match up at all and I can't find the right PBS ad online.

There was a phrase that went:

"Oh, my feet won't touch the ground"
[Singing]

But the song "Now my feet won't touch the ground" doesn't fit. Grrr. I will not rest until this thing goes away, and not of my own volition.

-----The Golden Eagle

11 comments:

Memzie said...

I hope you figure it out. I have no clue. :D

By the way, Avatar has martial arts in the series. It goes along with the gifts of waterbending, firebending, airbending, and earthbending. But there is so much more to the series than the martial arts, there is a great plot, good and laughable characters, and good themes. All in all, I love it and am a BIG fan (if you couldn't tell. :D).

The Golden Eagle said...

Really? Maybe I'll check it out.

laughingwolf said...

what you suffer from when you can't get something outta your head is called an 'earworm'... like a nasty habit, the only cure is to replace it with a better habit ;)

The Golden Eagle said...

Good advice. I'll just have to find something else to get hooked on . . . :P

Earwormed said...

wow...at the very moment, i am desperately searching for that same song from the same commercial!!! i also heard that coldplay song, but got irrated when i skipped it to the end, and it was still pretty slow like the intro!!! hope u find it!!

Earwormed said...

Hey! The song is called Life in Technicolor by Colplay! :)

The Golden Eagle said...

Glad you found it! I finally did, too.

STARBUCKS DIVA said...

Holy smokes, thanks for figuring out the name of the song! The "My Feet Won't Touch the Ground" song was okay but I was also confused by the slower tempo! I love Coldplay anyway but I am SO glad I now know the name of the song! Thanks again!

The Golden Eagle said...

It's actually "Life in Technicolor II" by Coldplay.

I was a little confused by the slower tempo, too, but there's a "Life in Technicolor" which is a different song.

Don't ask me why they couldn't have made the titles easier to figure out . . . :P

Anonymous said...

I saw the SAME commercial on PBS and was faced with the same problem!!! So glad I found this page! Thanks much to the person who posted the question and the person who posted the answer :)

Namaste!!

Anonymous said...

ahhh i was searching for the song, i too listened to the feet wont touch the ground lyrics and was decieved.

thanks to whomever knew it!