16 June, 2010

The President and BP

DYK that the containment vessel--y'know, the ship they're siphoning oil up into--was struck by lighting the day before yesterday and was set on fire? Now, while I am not in favor of BP AT ALL, there is only so much they can do. People are demanding that they stop the well from leaking any more, but technology just isn't there yet.

I wish Obama had elaborated more during his speech last night. It wasn't a bad speech at all, but I don't think that Franklin Delano Roosevelt's speeches are the right comparison exactly. I would have liked to hear something along the lines of "Okay now, we're going to put up more booms here, put up sand barriers there, I am going to demand that BP clean up its act . . ." and so forth. He compared it to building tanks during WWII, but really, tanks are not climate legislation. Urgency is needed, but I think it's a strange analogy.

What did you guys think of the speech from the Oval Office?

-----The Golden Eagle

3 comments:

Icewolf said...

Ummm...I didn't see it. If I saw everyone of President Obama's speeches, the t.v might be one 24/7.

Btw, for the Photography tag, could you at least tell other people so that I'd have a wider range to award?

The Golden Eagle said...

Yeah, sure!

Icewolf said...

Yay! Thanks!