15 June, 2010

Update on Writing

June 13th: 2860
June 14th: 1365

I knew that the maniac writing at the beginning of the month would circle back around and bite me in the you-know-what. It's the exact middle of the month, too. I can't seem to find inspiration anymore! I've got the plot outline written down, even though that's one of my last resorts, but it's not helping me! I just look at and think, Oh, great, I've got that many more words to freakin' type? Sure, I'm enthusiastic enough about getting Part 2 done and all that, but the characters aren't communicating with their author anymore. Maybe they're mad I put them in such horrible situations. :P

-----The Golden Eagle

3 comments:

Olive Tree said...

You know what I think? (this from a published author) I think you should keep on going with whatever idea you have right now. I try to write 2,000 words a day, and who cares if the writing makes no sense? I edit when the story's finished. Otherwise I just can't write at ALL.

The Golden Eagle said...

You have a point. Sometimes I guess just writing for the sake of writing and getting the juices flowing is a good idea, even if it's jumbled and doesn't make sense.

Thanks for the advice!

Icewolf said...

Ah, the wonders of the character/author relationship. Sometimes you just have to let them simmer down, other times scream at them, and yet other times you have yo just listen to what they tell you, or just straight out FORCE them to obey your will.

Its a complicated relationship.

Fwee!