19 July, 2010

Back To School!

For me, it's back to school day. Science, math, world history, English, language . . . yup, I'm getting back into the swing of things. I don't mind. :) Homeschooling has so many benefits that I could go year-round with school and be perfectly happy with it.

I'm looking forward to reading the Life biology book, Calculus Know-it-All, and I have to work on my pronunciation of Chinese, (mmph. Not my favorite thing, but I find Chinese interesting enough) review Algebra 2,  continue with Geometry, and I'm also reviewing Trigonometry Demystified, (I like the books Stan Gibilisco writes) and watching World History and Art programs on Learner.org. I'm supposed to do British Literature for English, but Mom hasn't assigned me any books to read yet. Hey! It's still summer, after all.

*****

Since the caption contest is over, congrats, John! (And thanks for entering, too. :) This one's my personal favorite:



"See, when you put your swords together like *this* you can make a plus sign. Oh...OH. WHY ARE YOU ATTACKING ME?!"


*****


Don't you just love it when inspiration strikes when you're writing?! I'm writing thousands today and I still haven't reached this scene that I'm dying to get done. It's a revealing moment, and I adore plot points.


It's funny: when I started writing the book I am on right now, I never pictured the characters doing what they're doing plot-wise, and I certainly hadn't dreamt up so many different people in the original version. I've actually got lists of every character in the story because I can't remember them all. Especially the officers; they always get mixed up with others unless I use them for more than one scene.


-----The Golden Eagle

7 comments:

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Ray Bradbury wrote that if you've constructed your characters correctly ... all you have to do for the rest of the novel is grab their coat-tails and run with them.

It's not as easy as that of course. But there is some truth to it.

You are always so great to visit my blog and leave encouraging comments. It means more than I have the words to say.

I've been so battered and drained by work that I don't visit my friends' blogs as I should.

And I do consider you a friend. Thanks for your support.

I'm trying an experiment with Monday's post. I'll entertain or I'll go down in flames.

Good luck in school, Roland

John The Bookworm said...

Yay, I won! :D LOL. Was I the only one that entered? :O Next time, feel free to host it over at my blog/ have me announce it. It was fun. Really fun. And a good use of the insomnia I've been having. ;P

Icewolf said...

school already? That sucks. I haven't even gotten to my summer reading yet...heh....

laughingwolf said...

nothing like school to fill in the dull times from writing ;) lol

The Words Crafter said...

I'm getting ready to go back, myself. Woohoo...burned out I am. I don't like biology-gimme geology! Good luck! (I've got a cork bord for keeping up with people and places...)

The Golden Eagle said...

Roland: I'll have to go check out your post! :)

John: Glad you enjoyed it!

Icewolf: Aw, I don't think it's all that bad . . . after all, there are only TWO more months till school starts officially. :P

Laughingwolf: Yeah. :D

The Words Crafter: I love Geology! Rocks fascinate me; I mean, they've been around for thousands of years! Nothing's as old as that.

Blueicegal ♥ said...

i loved it!! hehehe total vampire dairies fan here :)