03 July, 2010

Google Chrome & a Heads-Up

Since it's on the computer (downloaded itself with Google Earth; dunno why) I decided to try using Chrome to see if it works better. And it IS faster. Pages load much more quickly than on Internet Explorer 8, and a bunch of features that I didn't know existed are popping up when I use Blogger. Like the "Stats" page on my dashboard. I didn't even know that was there! Internet Explorer sure didn't show it, and now I can tell that 1% of my readers viewed my blog on an iPod. Okay, unimportant. :P But really, I wonder why Explorer doesn't show these things. It seems to me like they should show up no matter what browser I'm using, but hey, I can always use Chrome if it super-bugs me.

*****

100% of you guys had so far voted on the 200th post poll (if you haven't, go do it, since it shall benefit you, too, after all) and it says to do all of the above mentioned things.

So, the game plan right now is that on post #200 (this is post . . . 191), I'm going to announce a blog party (yes, yes, I've jumped on the band wagon. But hey, they're fun :) and there will be a list of questions for you to answer to enter for a button giveaway. (Not terrifically fancy, but it's something.) Then I'll put up gadget where you can link up to your post, and that shall continue for a week while (hopefully) more people join in.


Then there shall be a Caption Contest, which won't result in anything being won, except an icon which you can present to the world on your sidebar or whatever. They're fun, anyways. :)

Suggestions? Comment away.

-----The Golden Eagle

7 comments:

Katie aka Popular Joker said...

Sweet! I noticed the new states thing on my dashboard! Pretty neat huh! Chrome sounds really nice, I think I am going to ask if I can get it..
-Katie

laughingwolf said...

i use firefox almost exclusively, and deleted that fat pig, internet explorer, long ago... did not find chrome much faster, if at all

agent janet reid has a simple writing contest going, 101 words or less [i used 22 words], enter and win a book... link in my sidebar

deadline midnite tonite...

laughingwolf said...

ooops... also check out apple's 'safari for windows', another freebie

The Golden Eagle said...

Firefox, huh? A lot of people use it, but I've never tried it myself.

laughingwolf said...

don't know what you're missing not trying firefox or safari...

Icewolf said...

I use firefox too. I'm firecly loyal to firefox. It just doesn't feel right for me to use anything else. :D

The Golden Eagle said...

OK, OK, I get it! LOL. Firefox is a good browser and I should check it out. :P