27 July, 2010

I Iz Back!

From the city. From the library. From the doctor's. You might not think that such a trip is big, but when the major city in the area is 15 miles away and you (or your parent) doesn't own a car, such a distance is much bigger than you think.

So, you want to know what I got from the library? Thought so. Unloading them from my over-stuffed and about-to-self-destruct backpacks, are (be warned, there are a lot):

Nemesis and I, Robot by Isaac Asimov. (I call myself a science fiction fan and I've never actually read anything by him! That is to be changed.)
The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima (Heard of it, and I really want to read it!)
Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston (I saw this on someone's blog . . . somewhere. Anyway, it looks interesting enough.)
Ghost Huntress: The Awakening by Marley Gibson (Again, seemed intriguing.)
The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer (EOIN COLFER PEOPLE! I could absolutely not refuse to take this out.)
The Sorcerer of Sainte Felice by Ann Finnin (Seen it, wants to read it.)
Folly by Marthe Jocelyn (Seen it, really wants to read it.)
Angel by Cliff McNish (Looked good.)
He Forgot to Say Goodbye by Benjamin Alire Saenz (Don't ask me how his name in pronounced.)
Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson (I love this sort of thing.)
Living Hell by Catherine Jinks (I really like Evil Genius, and the inside flap made it go READ ME.)
Demon's Convenant by Sarah Rees Brennan (Sequel to Demon's Lexicon. How could I resist?)
Streams of Babel and Fire Will Fall by Carol Plum-Ucci (Love the covers, and biological warfare? I'm there.)
Dragonhaven by Robin McKinley (Started this before, never finished it. I'm going to now.)
Once by Morris Gleitzman (Looked good.)

Expect reviews of most of these. :D I did warn you, you know. Did I make any bad choices, do you think? Have you read any of these?

Hold on . . . OMG. I SEE AN ARTICLE ON ZEMANTA THAT SAYS COLFER IS DONE WITH ARTEMIS FOWL. 0.0 I did not know this . . . *sadness* I love that series! Dang. I wish he'd go on with that forever.

*****

As for the rest of the day, I am now inoculated against HPB and Hep. A, my Mom and I ran into the Farmers' Market, I found out my doctor changed without warning, (really, why do they do that?) I (obviously) got out a huge stack of books, and the bus was late taking us home. Hrrrm. But we got back in time for Mom to go to work, so it sorted itself out.

*****

Can you believe Wikileaks? I mean, 75000 SUPPOSEDLY CLASSIFIED MILITARY DOCUMENTS?! Now, I'm all for the public knowing about what's going on in the Middle East, but really? Don't we want to keep as many resources as possible OUT of the terrorists' hands? If I can access it, surely a hacker in Yemen can. -_- And what's-his-face is claiming he's got millions of reports/etc., some to be released later perhaps. I'm not quite sure what to make of this. I agree that the people should know what's going on in a war they're paying their taxes for, but do we really need to have reports all over the Internet?

-----The Golden Eagle

6 comments:

laughingwolf said...

great books... sorry you had to do it all by bus... until two years ago, that's how i got around

as for the 'reports'... time will tell

The Words Crafter said...

I was reading along, thinking of things I wanted to respond to, but now, all I can think is WHAT!?!!! No more Artemis Fowl? Huh? I have to go see about his. You're gonna like that book and if you haven't, check out Half Moon Investigations.

Shaynie said...

What a coincidence, I just got the book "Once" from the library, too! :D Haven't read it yet, though.

The Golden Eagle said...

Laughingwolf: Well, they do say that public transit is greener than a car . . . though a lot less enjoyable. :P

The Words Crafter: I know! It threw me totally off course when I saw that next to the Post Editor. I'll have to check for Half-Moon Investigations. :)

Shaynie: Really? Cool. :)

laughingwolf said...

yeah, also inconvenient most times, since our buses don't go exactly where i need to go :(

The Golden Eagle said...

Where I am you can specify the location, though there's a lot of calling, getting voice mails, calling again, getting another voice mail, and then scraping by the deadline for making the darn appointment. -_-