25 July, 2010

Muggy, but not mugged . . .

Unless you count being robbed of cool air. It's hot, the air is heavy, and the sky is gray. It's been like that since yesterday night, when the sky turned green. Really. It was a really strange color that lit up the evening unnaturally and made me look up from watching The Fellowship, not an easy feat. But apparently the rain is good since farmers around here need the water and it's been hot and dry for the past couple months . . . Oh! Now the sun is shining. Huh. Whaddya know. Maybe ol' Apollo decided run his chariot over here.

I haven't been posted since the day before yesterday, and I'm feeling blank of subjects. Gah. See? I'm speaking in one-syllable sentences. Bad sign. *grumble* News, news, think of some news, girl . . . . . . reading City of Ashes, (which I like less than City of Bones) have to go to the doctor to get a shot on Tuesday, (I don't have a fear of needles, but they do hurt) tried to find images of the new Edison ParkFast chargers in NYC and elsewhere but only got their rates, (you wouldn't happen to own a Tesla Roadster, would you?) and spent a few hours of the morning writing. (Thank goodness Mom has a computer, because my fingers would die of holding a pen if I couldn't type. Not to mention the trees I'd be using up with all that paper.)

Now it's cloudy again. And it looks like it's going to rain again. Apollo must have decided that his bad poetry was unwanted. Well, that's okay. I'll just occupy myself inside and wait it out . . .

Oh, two notes. Icewolf is having a caption contest, and I wanted to call your attention to the ongoing adventures of Roland Yeomans. Have you seen his blog? It's excellent. I highly recommend you check it out. (Button's at the bottom of my posts. Scroll waaaaay down. It's the Ghost of a Chance one.)

And since Zemanta's tempting me with this, I leave you with an image of Earth, that planet we live on and occupy 24/7/365.

"The Blue Marble" is a famous photog...Image via Wikipedia
-----The Golden Eagle
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

The Words Crafter said...

I understand about the muggy-it was 100 here earlier, yuck! And donchya just hate it when you can't think of anything to blog about? I have a document saved in Word that has a list of subjects I could blog about and I will pull one of those out if I can't think of anything. I was fun, though, 'listening' to you muse out loud...

Julie said...

Oooh I love City of Bones/Ashes/Glass! I really enjoyed that series. It was storming here a few days ago and afterwards it was really hot and humid and ick. Yesterday, the sky was red and it made everything else look red... it was really werid.

Elliot Grace said...

...humid indeed. Feels as if we're all suspended inside a hot-air balloon...trapped in the heat.
But with a dew point capable of creating steam, storms armed with heat lightning is inevitable.
Gotta love a summer downpour:)

The Golden Eagle said...

The Words Crafter: 100 degrees? That must have been bad.

I used to keep a list of things to blog about, but I stopped doing that; maybe I should start a new list. :)

Julie: I still haven't read City of Glass (Gar! My library doesn't have it) but I do like the first two books.

Anything besides gray, blue, and sunset-colored skies always make things weird. :P

Elliot Grace: I love thunderstorms and heavy rain. :)