08 July, 2010

Percy Jackson

Rereading The Last Olympian; I always find this series amusing. For example:

   "PARTY PONIES!" a centaur yelled. "SOUTH FLORIDA!"
   Somewhere across the battlefield, a twangy voice yelled back, "HEART OF TEXAS CHAPTER!"
   "HAWAII OWNS YOUR FACES!"  a third one shouted.
   It was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.


Out of all of them, I think this book in the series is my favorite. Plenty of action, although The Sea of Monsters was pretty good too . . . the only thing I don't really like is that it is part of the first Half-Blood series. Which means there are going to be more, and I think the books are good where they ended. But hey, if the writing's good, I'm fine with more. I'd like to see the movie of the first one, although I read somewhere that Luke dies, and he's not supposed to die! He still has a whole lot of work to do!


*****


We're still burning up! It's in the upper eighties by the fan, and it's certainly much hotter in the sun. Saturday's supposed to better--70s--but for now, we roast. Gar.


-----The Golden Eagle
Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

Adria said...

I really love Percy Jackson and I've only read one book! I need to get the second before summer is over. This one sounds really good! :)

The Golden Eagle said...

It is! :D

Caroline said...

AGGGHHH I'M A MAJOR PERCY JACKSON FREAK!!!!! hehe! The first book is probably my favorite, although it doesn't have Tyson in it, so maybe not (Tyson rocks!!!:D). I thought the last book was kind of violent and it was sad...but definitely one of my fav series.

I saw the movie when it came out and it is NOTHING like the book. I mean, still a good movie, but really disappointing if you love the books.

The Golden Eagle said...

Of COURSE Tyson rocks!! :D

Liberty said...

Love the books.

Hate the movie.

Seriously, I wouldn't waste a good hour-and-a-half of your life to see the movie. Read the book (again) instead. :P

The Golden Eagle said...

Yeah, maybe I will read the book again! :)

Alex said...

Glad you liked it, that is an AMAZING book.

Alex

The Golden Eagle said...

Yup. :D