08 August, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

So I watched Alice in Wonderland (2010) last night.

And it was really, really good! Another hit for Disney . . . anyways, I liked it. For I while I thought it was just another adaptation of the original Alice in Wonderland, like the animated version. That sort of turned me away because I didn't even finish the animated one I hated it so much. But this one turned out to be very different from what I expected. The plot was good, and I loved the setting. The ending was good, (Alice-wise)  although it involves people exploiting other people which is not very nice . . . I won't say more at risk of giving everything away.

As for the actors . . . Harry Potter people always perk me up. From HP there's Alan Rickman, (very good actor, although it was just his voice for this one) Timothy Spall, (voice again; I didn't know who he did until I looked it up online. He also plays a part in The Series of Unfortunate Events) and there's also Frances de la Tour, who I recognized the first time I saw her as Imogen, but it took me a while to figure out she plays Madame Maxine in The Goblet of Fire.

Mia Wasikowska (I think I spelled that right . . . ) was Alice, Johnny Depp (sorry folks, but I just can't see the draw yet) Helena Bonham Carter was the Red Queen, who I just looked up and realized she's Bellatrix Lestrange and also Beatrice Baudelaire. I love The Series of Unfortunate Events movie! Wow, I didn't realize that one . . . and Anne Hathaway is the White Queen. Know her from The Princess Diaries.

Now I REALLY want them to make a movie of The Looking Glass Wars!

As for watching this movie: DO! Quickly!

-----The Golden Eagle

5 comments:

Elliot Grace said...

..."Alice" is a family fave in this house. Even our teenage son loves it:)

Icewolf said...

Alice in Wonderland was AWESOME. I'm glad you liked it!

The Golden Eagle said...

Elliot Grace and Icewolf: Seems like a lot of people enjoyed this one! And for good reason. :)

Brooke said...

I loved the movie! I haven't seen many of the original fairy tails of anything really. But it was great. I'm actually going to see an actual Alice and Wonderland play with my friend in it very soon (with another friend)!

P.S
Belatrix (I can't remember her real name) is always good a playing a crazy evil lady, isn't she?

The Golden Eagle said...

I hope you enjoy the play! And Helena Bonham Carter IS really good at playing the crazy evil lady. :D