15 September, 2010

Darn.

I hate my blog right now. Well, hate is a strong word, but you see, I was online and looking through blog template. I found one I sort of like and copied the HTML and pasted it into the Edit HTML thing on my Dashboard. I thought I had copied the other template into OneNote, but then it turned out that it was actually the new one. Therefore, I was stuck with a template I didn't really like and I didn't have the old one.

So I said "remove customizations" and it did, and then I realized that it rearranged all my gadgets since the template I tried out was a two-column instead of a three-column. I switched stuff around until it was back to normal, changed the background since the old one was getting . . . well, old, and I didn't particularly like it, and Blogger gave me the old "Service Unavailable Error 503" deal (I've been getting this message A LOT) and I clicked the back button on my browser since that's what I usually do. I quickly discovered that Blogger had deleted my newly-arranged gadgets and changed the template AGAIN. Consequently, I was forced to change them around or go with a messed-up looking blog.

Now here I am, pissed off and frustrated since I don't especially like the Template Designer's images, and whenever I try to upload something it either says my file size is too big or there was an "internal error". Big help.

*sighs* I don't like the look of my blog. There are some nice templates out there, but what I really want is a template that has a nature image as the background that I like. Template Designer's okay, but I've used all the ones I think are good enough. I also don't like the whole Cutest Blog on the Block and other sites like that, since I also want the posting/gadget space to be dark, precise, and neat, like the way it is now, not like the more personalized and handwritten-style stuff they offer. (You wouldn't happen to know where I can get templates like that, do you?)

Anyway, I just felt like ranting. I've got a dance class later today and I haven't been dancing in over two years now, so maybe I'm just a little strung up right now since I think I'm not going to do so well . . . I'll search for more templates later. It's just getting on my nerves.

-----The Golden Eagle

6 comments:

Shelley said...

Sorry to hear about all the blog problems. I don't know of any programs that could help you, but I hope you find one soon! :)

Shaynie said...

Aw, sorry about that. :( Your blog doesn't look bad though...am I missing something?

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think your blog looks really cool.
And that error message has been popping up for everyone this week.

Elliot Grace said...

...Blogger templates are temperamental beasts for some reason. I've had issues with mine as well. For what it's worth, I'm quite fond of yours...a serene background for reading:)

Brena said...

Sorry about that... Don't worry I am sure you will find the one you like and that works out! I actully like the template you already have! Good Luck! :)

The Golden Eagle said...

Shelley: I'll probably keep looking for a while, just to see if there's anything really good out there . . .

Shaynie: I don't know. I can see the green cliffs with the ocean below it. I don't think it looks totally horrible myself--just a little off somehow. That's what I'm trying to fix.

Alex J. Cavanaugh: Thanks. :) I have noticed that a lot of people seem to be dealing with the Error 503 deal; I wonder what's up with Blogger/Google.

Elliot Grace: Glad you like it!

Brena: Hopefully I do. You know, I think I might just keep the template . . . then again, maybe not. :P