10 September, 2010

Part Four, Rock-Tossing Trucks, Undercover Food, A Tag, and A Green World

Hello blogworld. Bloglandia. Blogosphere. Blogscene. Whatever.


Don't mind the long post title--I just had that sort of day.


The *best* news of it all is that I finished Part Four of my novel! YES! I cut the unnecessary stuff (I'd written once scene over about three times, so had to get rid of like 14 pages) and typed the conclusion, and voila! Done. I still have to finish editing Part Three though, and now I have to edit Part Four, so I'm not sure whether I should just disregard the fact they need revisions and charge forward with Part Five, or if I should slow down and edit them. I've got the editing buzz right now, but I think I might write a little in PF because I want to get down the ideas.


But I will edit! Or it'll tear me apart.






(Yes, that's actually the document I call Part Four. I managed to copy my screen while the computer was in the process of opening it.)


*****


While we were downtown today we managed to get behind one of those construction trucks that say "CONSTRUCTION VEHICLE DO NOT FOLLOW" on the back and we quickly found out that it must have been carrying gravel or sand or small rocks because things started hitting the windshield. Not very good, seeing as rocks can actually do damage to glass . . .






And while that was happening, my mom and I were forced through onion bagels. Blech. I don't *hate* onion exactly, but I don't really like it. How did we end up with onion bagels? You see, the onion stuff on the crust looked a lot like the sort of crusty stuff that's on Marco Polo bagels, so we were both like "Aha! That must be  like a Marco Polo!"


It was not. *sighs* And it's not totally agreeing with me right now.


Gut: Hrrmrmm?
Food: Muahaha! I got you on that one!
Gut: Great. You know, I don't really like you . . .
Food: So what?
Gut: Hrrmrmm.


Don't get bagels that have brown crusty stuff on them. You will regret it.


*****


Right! The tag. I got this from Eldarwen at The Faithful Elven Princess.




(1) Would you rather have a cat or dog?

It would depend on the situation. But if I had to choose . . . maybe a dog. Cats are independent and all, but you can't take them for walks and (some) dogs are friendlier.



(Note: Not all dogs are this way. I dog killed a kitten that had been living in our backyard just a couple of days ago. Ripped out the liver and the guts and that's one nasty cleanup job. I believe it was the neighbor's dog.)

(2) Do you like to cook?

Not particularly. I can follow a recipe, but it's not on my "top ten list of fun things to do". I'd rather learn about computers.


(3) What would you do with 1 million dollars?

There's no such thing as a free lunch, you know. But say that this hypothetical case had absolutely NO addendas and catches, then I'd have to think about it. I wouldn't fling it at nonsensical stuff though--maybe a house so we're not living in an apartment, help my mom get a really good job, (although it's not like you can buy people who want to hire) invest in something to get interest on the capital . . . the usual stuff.



(4) Do you prefer being outside in the sunshine or inside reading?

Inside. Sun's good and all, but I don't want to get skin cancer or anything. Also, when the wind's strong enough it can blow things onto the pages and ruffle them up. I don't like that.


(5) Do you read my blog often?:)

Yup.


(My face is usually contemplative. Or smiling. Or blank.)

(6) Do you like big houses or little houses?

I like eco-friendly houses. Big or small, as long as they don't pollute that much.


(7) Do you like starting your own tags or getting tagged?

I've never invented a tag before, so I really can't say . . . but I do enjoy getting tagged.



(8) If I dropped $10 by accident would you (a) return it to me? (b) go to a store and by as much stuff as you can get? or (c) donate it to charity?

Do I see you drop it? Because if I found a $10 dollar bill hanging around on the ground, I'd hold it up, call "Is this anyone's?" and if everyone shakes their head I'd keep it. But if someone says "That's mine!" I'd hand it over.


(9) Do you like Janette Oke books better or Laura Ingalls Wilder?

Who's Janette Oke?


(10) Brownies or cupcakes?

Neither. Fruit, water, or nuts are better.


(11) Have you ever had some beverage come out of your nose?

Yes. Water, soda, and juice had come out of my nose. I hate soda, by the way. Awful drink.



(12) What's one embarrassing thing that has happened to you? 

Why are people always asking what my most embarrassing moment is?! Okay, I'll answer it. How about when I forgot part of my costume for the dress rehearsal for Nutcracker? That was embarrassing, because the sewing lady was checking all the skirts of the girls in the First Act ONSTAGE.

*epic fail*



And another part of this tag is to add another question, so here's one:

(13) What is the most exhilarating moment you've ever had?



Gee. I can really challenge myself, can't I? Eh. Erm. Hrrrmm.

Gut: Are you agreeing with me?
Eagle: Stop it.
Gut: Hrrmrmm.

ALL RIGHT. Exhilarating. I was pretty exhilarated when I rode an elephant at the tender age of 6 1/2 . . . LOL.

*****

Right now, everything's green. The trees. The grass. The plants. It's all very green. And I was just noticing that some of the trees are beginning to turn yellow and orange. ('Round here, EVERYTHING turns yellow and orange and brown during the fall. Then it turns gray.)

So my point is: enjoy the green. Revel in the current moment, because like the trees, things can change in a very short amount of time.



(All images except for the Desktop Screen image were found online and do not belong to me. Thank you.)

-----The Golden Eagle

6 comments:

Icewolf said...

~le gasp~ NO SODA?! HOW DO YOU LIVE, CHILD?! Hehe :D, I understand, I have friends who don't like soda, but I personally cannot live without the glorious MTN DEW!!!

The Words Crafter said...

I would love to have a house with solar shingles....

Shaynie said...

Cool tag. :) I would love to have an eco-friendly house. :)

Caroline said...

I'm guessing the whole rocks-on-the-windshield bit is why they have a sign on the back saying "Don't follow." :P

Congratulations on finishing part four!!! Your book is awesome:). I'd say go onto PF just to get your ideas down so you don't lose the inspiration...but on the other hand I definitely know what it feels like when you HAVE to edit.:D

Kenzy said...

Great tag!

If I had a million dollars, I'd go to London. Done. Deal. xD and whatever I didn't spend I'd give to charity.

The Golden Eagle said...

Icewolf: I drink WATER. :D LOL.

The Words Crafter: Yeah, me too!

Shaynie: With plenty of books, of course. :)

Caroline: I would guess so . . .

Sometimes when push comes to shove I stare at both documents and decide which one's crying out the loudest. :P

Kenzy: London! London is certainly a really cool place.