07 September, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (5)

I almost forgot to do this until I noticed the other Teaser Tuesday posts that I saw on my Dashboard.

Anyway! So here we go:

The Rules:


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My teaser is from Foundation and Empire by Isaac Asimov. I recently finished Foundation, and I went "I have to read the sequel!"

   Ducem Barr said deliberately, "You are said to be young. Thirty-five?"
   "Near enough. Thirty-four."
   "In that case," said Barr, with soft emphasis, "I could not begin better than by informing you regretfully that I am not in the possession of love charms, potions, or philtres."
-p. 7

(Really, it did open to that page.)

Just to tell you--that is not what Riose is after. Definitely not.

Leave a link to your own teaser if you're doing it! :)

-----The Golden Eagle

17 comments:

jlshall said...

Why "regretfully," I wonder? I've read a lot of Asimov, but somehow never got around to this one. Excellent teaser!

Here’s my teaser from The Inheritance.

Jennifer said...

How very intriguing, now I want to know more about what is happening. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesdays-what-alice-knew-a-most-curious-tale-of-henry-james-and-jack-the-ripper.html

The Golden Eagle said...

Jlshall: If you ever do want to read it, start Foundation first! :) This book is the second in a trilogy.

Jennifer: Indeed! I'm only a little ways farther through the book than that--I want to know what happens too!

Orchid said...

Nice teaser! I think I have the whole first trilogy, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet (I'll definitely have to remedy that...soon). ^_^

smellincoffee said...

I love Asimov! I can recommend the entire Foundation series: I especially enjoyed Prelude to Foundation and Forward the Foundation.

toryaslim822 said...

Thanks for stopping at my blog! Great Teaser and I would love to know what she is after then!

Tiina said...

I really should read more Asimov. That is a classic series.
My teaser is here, if you want to take a look: http://abookblogofonesown.blogspot.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesday-792010.html

Greetings,
Tiina

Deepali said...

Asimov's Foundation series is my favorite of all his books, even more so than the Robot novels.

Do visit my teaser at e-Volving Books

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Eeeek that can't be good!

Great teaser.

Thanks for visiting my TT :)

The Words Crafter said...

As soon as I finish The Stand, I'm going to pick up one of these books!!!

Kelsey said...

Great teaser! Very curious of what she is after...:)

Lori said...

35 is Young? I love that guy. LOL.I hope that you enjoy your book. Here's my Teaser for Tuesday.

The Golden Eagle said...

Orchid: Hope you do!

Smellincoffee: I'll have to read those--right now I'm just planning to finish Foundation, Foundation and Empire, and Second Foundation.

Toryaslim822: He. Riose is actually a he there . . . LOL.

Tiina: Actually, seeing as he wrote hundreds of books, I haven't read much of Asimov either--but what I've read has been worth it!

Deepali: I read I, Robot recently; I really liked it, but I'm reserving judgement on which books I prefer right now. :)

Juju at Tales of Whimsy: Unless it's on the part of the bad guy, regret never seems to be a really good thing . . .

The Words Crafter: Enjoy it!

Kelsey: He, actually--and he isn't after what you'd call harmless information. :P

Lori: I suppose he thinks so . . . :)

arlee bird said...

Maybe I'll have to try this Teaser Tuesday someday. Reading Flannery by Brad Gooch right now-- biography of author Flannery O'Connor.

Foundation Trilogy has been sitting on my bookshelf for over 40 years and I've never read it. Really need to some day.

Lee
Tossing It Out

The Golden Eagle said...

Teaser Tuesday is fun! I should have linked up to MizB, the person who's hosting it. (Her URL is http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com)

Thanks for finding and following my blog!

carolsnotebook said...

Nice teaser.Seems like a classic series I should read.

The Golden Eagle said...

I hope you do read it! :)