08 September, 2010

Peanuts Sep 07, 2010...



(You may need to click to make it bigger.)

HAHAHAHAHA.


Okay. I'm really not that nasty about it. But when the school bus drove up this morning and picked up the kids next door, I couldn't help but feel a little happy that I got to stay home while they started school. I inwardly did a little dance.

Because school does start today, officially. I started homeschool against back in July . . . but the district just started classes.

*****

You know what gives me satisfaction? Burning my files that contain my writing onto a DVD-RW.

Whenever I write more onto a Word document, the KB number grows. It starts out at around 14 or so, then gets bigger . . . and bigger . . . and bigger . . . and BIGGER as time goes on. I love seeing that number tick up when I add more to the story. Right now, all of my files (each file is one part) for my main story are over 200 KB, and I usually write around 3 KB or so on average. Sometimes it makes larger jumps up to 10 though, when I confuzzle Word with new nouns that I made up. Spell Check seems to take up a lot of space.

Speaking of which, I had better go write some more. :)

-----The Golden Eagle
Enhanced by Zemanta

10 comments:

Katie/Popular Joker said...

Haha! Charlie Brown does it again! lol
Wow. You write a lot!! Those are big files. Are you going to get your story publish? Or at least try to??
-Katie

Adria said...

Haha! Nice comic :) I like to poke fun at my friends about school since I don't have to go.

The Words Crafter said...

I can't wait until I need to do some burning, congrats on your awesome progress! I just LOVE Snoopy and this was a funny one :)

Shaynie said...

LOVE the comic!!! Snoopy is just too cute! :D

laughingwolf said...

snoopy rulez ;)

arlee bird said...

I couldn't help but go check my file for my WIP to see the KB count. I'm currently at 358 KB. I haven't written anything on it since last November sad to say, because I've been doing other things. I think I'll need another 30 KB to go to finish -- I've never thought of it in KBs before--that's kind of funny.

Lee
Tossing It Out

The Golden Eagle said...

Katie: I think about what it would be like trying to get published sometimes. Okay, maybe a little more often that that, LOL, but I haven't even finished a first draft yet. I'll have to see . . . but once I'm relatively done, I think I *might* just try. :)

Adria: :D We homeschoolers seem to have the advantage here.

The Words Crafter: Peanuts is the best!

Shaynie: Indeed! He's the cutest dog out there.

Laughingwolf: Exactly!

Arlee bird: Wow, only 30?! You're close. :)

Elana Johnson said...

I so want to be you. Except I teach school, so that would be bad if I didn't go... Good luck writing!

Jen said...

Snoppy is the best! Loved the comic!!!

I'd tease everyone who had to school especially when I didn't! I mean, why not!

The Golden Eagle said...

Elana: Maybe a home-teacher or something? Where the teacher stays home but the kids go to school? LOL.

Jen: Yeah, why not?! :D