04 May, 2012

1000+ FOLLOWERS!

Public domain. SOURCE.
On April 14, in the midst of the A-Z Challenge, The Eagle's Aerial Perspective reached 1000 Followers!

I didn't post about this earlier due to having all my Challenge posts scheduled, and a hastily-written Sunday post didn't seem adequate, so here it is: follower celebration time!

Thank you so much, to those who've been reading this blog for months and years, and to people who have recently joined on. You all know who you are, and you help keep this blog on its feet--or, I suppose, in the air. Either way, I appreciate your show of support for what I'm doing, because it motivates me to produce higher-quality writing and I learn so much from individuals in the blogosphere. Also a shout-out to the A-Z Challenge, which undoubtedly boosted the number of visitors who came by in April.

1000 is such a milestone . . . one I didn't expect when I first started out in February 2010. It was just me and the web and a few blogs I finally stopped lurking and actively followed, and then a lot of "I have no idea what I'm going to post today, so I'll just pick something like, I dunno, how bad the weather and my word count is!"

It's amazing to be able to look back how far I've progressed since then. Though I still think there's an undercurrent of my original enthusiasm for blogging, evident in the fact that I'm still random from time to time, and you cannot categorize The Eagle's Aerial Perspective as a writing, science, review, or other specific type of blog, bad as that may be for SEO and whatnot.

But anyway, end monologue. Let's get to what I always do for follower posts: list the newest followers in the order and under the names they appear in my sidebar:

Carrie Bastyr
Caitlin
Rod Tyson
Traci Kenworth
Stephanie Allen
Caterina serra
Jeff Curie
Kathy Collier
Stacey
Rena
Jeremy
J.W. Alden
Tmsneed
Stephen Henry
Corvus Press UK
Pixel
Jamie Gibbs
Yadin
Alan crow
Jennifer Fischetto
Michael Horvath
Mikazuki
Ash-Matic
Bdon au
Valerie Furnas
Jason R.M.
Nathan
Briane Pagel
Super Earthling
Luna
Sergio Ormaechea Cebrian
Ana
Heather
Sue H
Youngman Brown
Shannon Cyr
Journaling Woman
Gail M Baugniet - Author
My Kid's Mom
Tomas Crespo
Shay Lynn
Ben Mckinley
Remo007
Heather M. Gardner
Encourage One Another
Sue
Brinda
Catherine Noble
Noushka Dufort
Wikes!
MOV-motherofbrothersblog
Bob Scotney
Djdaines
Running4him
Debra Harris-Johnson
Charles the Reader
Mark Koopmans
Angela Brown
Word Nerd
Lilly Sanovia
Deno
Weavinggal
Estrella Altair
Melody-mae
Lady Bluestocking
Kristen Pelfrey
Feather Stone
Danneromero
Teresa Cypherbuss
Michael Murray
Lily Tequila
Jean
Garrisonjames
Sfaturi
Anglers Rest
Amanda Trought
Em-Musing
Bish Denham
Maurice Mitchell
Cleemckenzie
Tracy Jo
Matthew B. Gordon
Heather
InspiringAlways
Danielle B.
Amanda Heitler
Matthewskl
KC Weldon
Kathy29156
Mftn
Matt
www.elcamperoinquieto.com
Elise Fallson
Monti
Nathanael
Simon Willis
Linda Fischer
Ana Minguez
And Silva
Yannick Leroy
Jessica.foster45
Libby
Romance Book Haven
Mildred
Nas Dean


***If I do not have your link, then it means I could not find it in your Google Friend Connect profile. If you do want me to add yours (or you'd rather I linked to another site/profile or I accidentally linked to someone else--my apologies) please leave a comment to let me know.***


View other lists of Followers:
1-500
500-600
600-700
700-800
800-900

**********


Again, thank you all for following this blog!


-----The Golden Eagle

63 comments:

E. Arroyo said...

Congrats!! I think it's great that you list them. =)

anthony stemke said...

I really enjoyed your science posts during the A-Z challenge.

Jamie Gibbs said...

WHOO! Congratulations on getting to the big 1k, and thanks for giving me a mention :)

Dana said...

Congratulations! :)

Stephen Henry said...

Nice one =)

Avery Marsh said...

Congratulations! *throws confetti*

Old Kitty said...

Awww yay for you and for being incredibly eclectic and unique!! Take care
x

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations, Golden! That is awesome and well deserved.

Heather said...

Congratulations on reaching 1000 folowers!!!

Pat Hatt said...

Congrats must takes tons of work to do such lists wow.

Elise Fallson said...

Congratulations, 1k is a milestone indeed! And thanks for the mention. Wishing you a 1000+ more and counting. (:

the writing pad said...

Well done Eagle - a great milestone for consistently great posts - all power to random - makes the world go round :-)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Congrats on 1000. Your posts were great.

Jay Noel said...

Congrats on getting to 1,000!

That's incredible, and so nice of you to give all of your followers props.

Carole Anne Carr said...

A very big congratulations, G.E. !

Liz said...

Congratulations. Here's to the next 1000...

Brian said...

That is an amazing list! Congrats on 1000!

Nancy Thompson said...

WAHOOOO! 1000 followers! I can't even imagine. I just went over 400 and I thought that was amazing. Congrats 1000 times over!

Emily Rose said...

That's fantastic! Congratulations!

The Dandy Lioness said...

Congrats Eagle! I noticed this about a week ago, and meant to say congratulations, but... I forgot. Hehe. Anyways, congrats!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

congratulations!

Inspiring Always said...

Congratulations! I enjoyed reading your science posts during the A-Z Challenge, something that I would not normally go for!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Wow, 1k is a milestone. You earned it through offering interesting, informative and fun posts. Congrats!

Connie Keller said...

Congratulations!!!

Kimberlee Turley said...

Well deserved!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Golden .. you certainly deserve those followers - and I'm glad I'm here and part of the clan.

Enjoy the next few years of blogging and I loved your A - Z theme ..

Cheers Hilary

Donna Hosie said...

Holy moly! Congratulations :)

Amanda the Aspiring said...

Wow, congratulations! That's a HUGE milestone! O_O

Matt said...

Wow I'm jealous, that's amazing! You deserve it, congrats!

Jeremy said...

Congrats on reaching 1000!

Humpty Dumpty said...

Wow! 1000 followers is quite an accomplishment! It must be due to the quality of your blogs. Your A-Z Challenge posts were fantastic. I didn't always comment on them, but I read and enjoyed each and every one of them. Science was always my best subjects in school (besides Language Arts), so I loved learning about new technology and subjects that I'm not all that familiar with. Congratulations! :)

Charles Gramlich said...

Wow! Excellent.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Congratulations!!!! This is wonderful and well deserved!

Southpaw said...

Congrats! You've join the "1000 Leaguers".

running4him said...

Way to gooooooo!!!!!

Chris Fries said...

Congratulations!!!

Your blog is intelligent, interesting, informative, and a lot of fun -- you deserve the multitudes of followers!

Summer Ross said...

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

Congratulations. You are a titan amongst blogging ppl.

The Golden Eagle said...

E. Arroyo: Just a small way to pay back all the people who follow this blog.

Anthony: I'm glad you liked them! :)

Jamie: You're welcome--thanks for following!

Dana: Thanks.

Stephen: Thank you.

Avery: Not a celebration without confetti, eh? ;)

Old Kitty: Thank you!

Alex: Thanks.

Heather: Thank you. :)

Pat: I just take it in chunks of 100. It isn't as bad as when I linked to 500 people in a single post. :P

Elise: Thank you!

About the link? Anytime. :)

The writing pad: Thank you so much!

Susan: Aw, thanks.

Jay: I couldn't not acknowledge them; they're a big part of why I continue to blog. :)

Carole: Thank you!

Liz: Thanks!

Another 1000 . . . that's something I have trouble picturing. Maybe if I hang around and bug you guys long enough. ;)

Brian: Thank you.

Nancy: Thanks! And congratulations on reaching 400--I'm sure you'll be at 1k in short time!

Emily: Thanks! :)

The Dandy Lioness: Thank you!

And no worries. I know I only mentioned it once in my blog posts . . .

Carrie: Thanks!

Inspiring Always: Thank you--I wasn't sure how my posts would appeal to people who don't normally follow science, so I'm really glad to hear you liked them. :)

Tricia: Thank you so much!

Connie: Thanks. :)

The Golden Eagle said...

Kimberlee: Thanks!

Hilary: And I am, too!

Thank you. :)

Donna: Thanks!

Amanda: Thanks.

I know--I didn't expect to reach it when I first started blogging.

Matt: Thank you! :)

Jeremy: Thanks!

Humpty Dumpty: It's great to hear you enjoyed them. :)

Thank you.

Charles: Thanks!

Tyrean: Thank you. :)

Southpaw: Wait, there's a league?

Running4him: Thanks. :)

Chris: Thank you for the kind words.

Summer: Thanks!

Michael: Thank you.

Titan and in the terrible twos (by blog years) at the same time . . . who would've thought? :P

Baur said...

Congrats!!! I'm a long ways away from 1000!

Medeia Sharif said...

Congratulations! 1000 is a milestone. :)

Krista McLaughlin said...

Congratulations! That is an amazing feat!

College Speed said...

Radical, nice content, you got good stuff to say

J.L. Campbell said...

Congrats on that. You rock!

Michael Di Gesu said...

hi, Golden,

speaking from one of your first few hundred friends ... i love your passion, sincerity, and fathfulness to the community and craft...

Well done! we All love and appreciate you!

J.W. Alden said...

Congratulations, Eagle! You deserve it. Your blog has become one of my favorites to visit, even if I don't always get around to leaving a comment.

Your A to Z was great, it made for great daily reading!

J.W.

Trisha said...

WAHOO< congratulations!!! You have certainly earned your following :)

Rachel Morgan said...

Wow, super congratulations! And that must have taken forever to link to all those names!

DWei said...

I don't even have half that number yet.

Congrats on your milestone!

michelle said...

*breaks out in song* Congratulations and celebrations...
You deserve every one of the 1000+ peeps... and wishing you even more...

Check out my A to Z Reflections post (I'm linking it to this comment). I've given you a shout out!

Beth said...

Congratulations! Look at all those new followers!

Talli Roland said...

Wow! Fantastic, Golden Eagle. Many congrats!

Adam said...

congrats man

Susanne Drazic said...

Making the rounds after the A to Z Challenge to say hello!

CONGRATS on 1000+ followers!

Susanne
PUTTING WORDS DOWN ON PAPER

Lydia Kang said...

Congrats on hitting such a big blogger landmark! :)

Nas said...

Congratulations on the 1000 followers! What an awesome number!

And you know what? I did a search for my name and didn't find it! So I followed just now!

The Golden Eagle said...

Baur: Thank you!

You run a great site; it wouldn't surprise me if you did reach 1000 Followers in the future. :)

Medeia: Thanks! :D

Krista: Thank you.

College Speed: Thanks.

J.L.: Aw, thanks. I'm glad you think so. ;)

Michael: Thank you so much! And yes, you're definitely one of the most constant followers here. :)

J.W.: Thank you!

I'm so glad you enjoyed my A-Z posts.

Trisha: Thank you!

Rachel: Thanks! :)

I've developed techniques for linking to a lot of people. :P Doesn't take as long as it used to . . .

DWei: I'm sure you'll reach 1000. Your blog has that kind of mass appeal.

Thank you!

Michelle: Thanks--and that's the first time anyone has broken into song in the comments, that I know of. :)

Thank you for the shout-out! I'll be right over to check out your post.

Beth: Thanks!

Talli: Thank you.

Adam: Thanks. :)

Susanne: Thanks for visiting The Eagle's Aerial Perspective!

Lydia: Thank you!

Nas: Thank you so much for following. :) I'll add you to the list!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Congratulations on reaching such a huge milestone in followers! Well done!

Misha Gericke said...

Congrats on reaching 1000 followers! Here's to the next 1000. :-)

Jessica L. Foster said...

Congrats on reading 1000 followers! That is awesome.

Paul Tobin said...

Congratulations! Quality will out. I am so pleased you have hit the 1000 follower mark.

The Golden Eagle said...

Sharon: Thank you!

Misha: Aw, thanks. :)

Jessica: Thanks!

Paul: Thank you.