20 February, 2013

She Said What?!: A Blogoversary Celebration

Michelle Wallace and Elise Fallson are celebrating their blogoversaries by hosting a blogfest called She Said What?!

About (from Elise's blog):
We thought about doing a fun and different little bloghop that doesn't require too much time. Below are 3 comic strips you guys get to copy and paste into your post. All you have to do is caption the strips and post by Wednesday. Michelle and I will announce winners on Friday. And that's it! Oh, and don't forget, Michelle has bonus words for you to try and fit into your dialogue for an added challenge. Remember guys, this is supposed to be fun. So slip into your silly slippers and feel free to make this as ridiculous and nutty as you like.

Bonus words (the ones I used have been struck through): twist, cheek, buzz, honour, grey, champagne, tango, vomit


Here are my attempts at captions (I apologize in advance if any of them are terrible. I've never been too great at captions :P):



P1 
(Person in hot air balloon) Michelle: On my honour, the rope twist and broke on its own! I didn't mean to abandon you on a dragon-infested island!

(Person on the ground) Elise: I'm sure. I'm also sure all our supplies managed to jump into the balloon with you on their own!






P2
Elise: My ankle, my ankle! Help me up!

Michelle: Does it look like this was my idea? Does it look like I decided to tie my ankle around a rope and hang upside down? And stop squealing. It's not like Ryan Gosling's here to notice you're trying to hold up your skirt!








P3
Ryan Gosling: Hello, ladies! Damsel in Distress Inc., at your service!












P4










P5
Michelle: Buffoon. I never cared for celebrities! And I don't care for falling to my death in an aerial tango of limbs, either!









P6
Elise: Oh, look, I have a new hairstyle!

Michelle: . . . does my head look big with this seaweed on it?



P7
Dragon: BALLOON! I love balloons! Even more than human meat!

Elise: I forgive you for almost abandoning me on this island.

Michelle: It was nothing. Seriously, I didn't have to do anything and here you are again. Sigh. But let's go follow that sign, shall we? I mean, it can't be anything like Alice in Wonderland's "Drink Me", can it?


**********


Happy Blogoversary, Michelle and Elise!



-----The Golden Eagle

18 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Ryan Gosling! Now that's funny.

Pat Hatt said...

Balloons over human meat, good choice haha

Empty Nest Insider said...

He does look a little bit like Ryan Gosling! This was cute!

Julie

Elise Fallson said...

"does my head look big with this seaweed on it?" Hahah!
Great job Eagle, loved it and thanks so much for being part of our bloghop! :D

Nick Wilford said...

Very fun entry. Buffoon is a great word, and I also liked "tango of limbs"!

shelly said...

This was a fabulous idea by Michelle and Elise. I didn't participate because I've been doing a blog party to promote my book.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

All of the ones I've seen are quite funny.

Texas Playwright Chick said...

Gosling? Funny! Very cute entry!

L.G. Smith said...

I always suspected Ryan Gosling had hidden superpowers beyond his sullen looks. :)

Melissa said...

I love Ryan Gosling. I hope he saves me one day. LOL! Very funny comic strip!

Elliot Grace said...

...this made my night, well done, ladies ;)

Too funny!

El

Jamie Gibbs said...

I love it - great entry to the blogfest :)

I don't thing Ryan Gosling would make for an acceptable damsel saver ..

Jamie @ Mithril Wisdom

michelle said...

Buffoon? Now when last have I heard that word? LOL
Thanks for the laughs Golden Eagle and for participating in the bloghop

Paul Tobin said...

Sorry I failed to get the reference and I had to look Master Gosling up. I liked the idea.

Tammy Theriault said...

Ryan gosling....yummmm

Nancy LaRonda Johnson said...

I've got a title for this: Clueless on a Dragon Infested Island. :)

The Golden Eagle said...

Alex: Thanks!

Pat: I thought a non-bloodthirsty dragon would be more interesting. :)

Julie: Glad you liked it!

Elise: Thank you for hosting it!

Nick: I loved writing that phrase.

Shelly: I don't think I could handle a book tour and a blogfest, either.

Texas Playwright Chick: Thank you! :)

L.G.: LOL.

Melissa: Glad you enjoyed it!

Elliot: I wasn't sure he would, either. But it was the first name I seized on, for whatever reason . . .

Michelle: You're welcome! Thanks for co-hosting. :)

Paul: Just picture a random good-looking celebrity. :P

Tammy: LOL.

Nancy: Great title suggestion!

Paul Tobin said...

Strangely enough I have just seen him in a film-I watched Drive last night-great book, ok film if you take it on its own merits. And lo and behold he was the man!

The Golden Eagle said...

Paul: What a coincidence!

I've never actually seen him in a movie; maybe I'll check out the book to see what it's like.