24 August, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (3)

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at the blog Should be Reading. (Love that title.)

The Rules:


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week I'm doing a teaser from Under a War-Torn Sky by L.M. Elliot.

Returning to the barn before a patrol showed up seemed like an excellent idea to Henry. He turned to go. But it was already too late to reach its safety.

(Yes, I realize that this is actually, in fact, three sentences. But I felt like it needed an extra. Debating on whether to review this later . . .)

What are you reading and teasing with?

-----The Golden Eagle

14 comments:

Orchid said...

Nice teaser, I might just have to look into this book. I kind of went over the two sentence rule too this week. ^_^

Marg said...

That quote would fit in with the last book I read which featured quite a bit of danger too.

Thanks for stopping by my blog as part of Teaser Tuesday!

aLmYbNeNr said...

I don't mind! I often end up putting 3 sentences...sometimes even 4 LOL!

laughingwolf said...

can't make out the rules... so, no comment :(

Memzie said...

Whoa, that is one chilling teaser!

Lady Q said...

Great teaser! This book looks interesting! Thanks for visiting my teaser!

Julie said...

This sounds interesting. I pretty much always do more than 2 sentences... Usually it's 3 or 4. This week it was 4.

This week, my teaser is from You Wish by Mandy Hubbard.

Alayne said...

Nice teaser! Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

The Golden Eagle said...

Orchid: Sometimes two sentences just don't cut it. :P

Marg: Really? I like books with danger in them.

aLmYbNeNr: :D

Laughingwolf: Drat it. The post editor keeps blacking out what I cut and paste! I'll try to fix it.

Memzie: Yup.

Lady Q: You're welcome!

Julie: I try not to, but sometimes the sentences are so SHORT.

Alayne: Thanks.

Kelsey said...

Nice teaser!!

Aisle B said...

I've cheated and added 1 sentence or 2 to the 2 lines of teaser protocol. Great teaser and I would have done the same :)
Enjoy the read!

Shelley Munro said...

Oh, danger! It's good to read about in a book, but not so much in real life.

I quite often add an extra sentence too. :)

Kylie said...

Great teaser! I don't think MizB counts the sentences, I hope not, or we're both about to get booted!:) Thanks for visiting my blog.

The Golden Eagle said...

Kelsey: Thanks! :)

Aisle B: I will! It's actually a reread, but I haven't read it in a while. :P

Shelley Munro: True. Danger is nice in a book . . . but not in life. That's part of the interest, I suppose.

Kylie: Yeah, I hope she doesn't! LOL.