07 June, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (40) + 500 Posts!

Yes, this my 500TH POST!

Just wanted to mention that, and to thank all of you for reading those posts. :)

*********

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading! This is a fun weekly meme, and the rules are simple:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week, my teaser is from The Queen of Water by Laura Resau and Maria Virginia Farinango. I find it amazing that it's based on a true story.


Later in the afternoon, before the Doctorita gets home from school, I sneak a book off the shelf and stare at the words, waiting to see what other people see, waiting for some meaning to pop out from the ink, rubbing my eyes and blinking and moving them in and out of focus. What do everyone else's eyes have that mine don't?
-p. 83

*********

Have a teaser, or thoughts on the book you're reading? Feel free to share them in the comments!

(Also: I'll try to get around to your blogs and finish the list for "It's All Fun and Games Blogfest" today, but I might not be able to.)


-----The Golden Eagle

18 comments:

LynNerd said...

Congratulations, Golden Eagle, on your 500th post! That must be a super great feeling. I can't share a current read right now because I'm in the middle of taking a final for an online class. It's open book but is still challenging and time consuming. I'm looking forward to following your next 500 posts! Woo hoo! good for you!

Laila Knight said...

Congrats on your 500th post. Bummer, I missed the blogfest.

Dana said...

Great teaser. Love the book cover as well. Congrats on 500 posts!

Medeia Sharif said...

Congrats on the 500 posts.

Interesting book. I always like to see what you've posted.

Old Kitty said...

Huge congrats with your 500th blog post!! Yay!!

The teaser is lovely!! I love the voice and it's so intriguing!! Thank you! Take care
x

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on 500 posts! I don't think I've done even 300...

Simon Kewin said...

Many congratulations on the 500! That's half way to 1000 isn't it?

Milli said...

CONNNNNGGRRRAAAATTTTSSSS!
I love your blog. Please continue to post awesomeness C:

Jules said...

Big Happy Dance for 500!!! And I think that is probably my favorite teaser to date. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Lynda R Young said...

great tease! I like the sound of this book.

Su said...

Nice teaser! And yay, 500 posts! Way to go!

Cheryl said...

Hi there and great to be connected - think I have to go and thank Alex again for his blog fest. Congrats on 500 posts! I have a long way to go! Thanks for visiting and following my blog, so glad you liked it. Look forward to reading more here. Best wishes.

reanaclaire said...

hello and congrats!..thanks for following me.. hope you can drop me an email..

reanact(at)gmail.com

thanks!

Emily Rose said...

Ooh I want to know what happens!
Congrats on 500 posts! That's so awesome.:)

Charles Gramlich said...

I think I'm getting close to a 1000. how could that be?

The Golden Eagle said...

LynNerd: Thank you! :)

Good luck with your final!

Laila: Thank you!

Maybe Alex will host another blogfest; he has done a lot of them! :D

Dana: I like the cover, too.

Thank you!

Medeia: Thanks!

It's a good book; and the culture is very different from the usual read. Not many YA novels are set in Chile!

I'm glad you enjoy my posts. :)

Old Kitty: Thank you!

The character's voice is like that throughout the book. It's very interesting to read!

Alex: Thanks!

I post a lot; even more when I first started blogging. :P

Simon: Yup! I can hardly believe it. A thousand feels like a huge number at this point.

Milli: Thank you!

I will do my best to. :D

Jules: Thank you! :)

I'm glad you liked the teaser!

Lynda: Thanks!

It's a good story; and it's amazing to me that one of the co-authors is the person the book is based on.

Su: Thank you! :)

Cheryl: It's a great blogfest. :D

Thank you!

You'll get there, I'm sure. ;)

Reana: Thank you!

I will email as soon as I can. :)

Emily: Thank you!

Charles: 1000?! Those are a lot of posts!

Lots of blogging? :)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Golden Eagle .. congratulations on 500 posts .. that's excellent news .. well done .. enjoy the time .. cheers Hilary

The Golden Eagle said...

Thank you, Hilary! :)