25 June, 2011

Tagged Twice And An Award

In the last couple of weeks, both Marsha Sigman at Marsha's Musings and Lynn Kelly at LynNerd Random Acts of Writing tagged me. Thank you so much! :)

Since I already did the tag before, go HERE to read my answers.

I was also awarded by Susan Fields at the blog of the same name.


Thank you, Susan!

And for this one, there are rules: I must list seven random facts about myself.

I'm going to deviate a bit and put in some facts that aren't about me. Because it's easier that way.

1. I don't like summer. Fall is more my season, or spring.

2. I'm in the midst of learning how to build websites. With XHTML and CSS and whatnot. It's quite fun.

3. N. R. Williams needs your help! She's trying to get Amazon to allow her to put up her book for free, and the only way to do that is to send them links of the lower price at Smashwords--which you can do (but I can't, unfortunately, because I don't have an account). Find out more HERE.

4. Have you heard of Pottermore, yet? I'm interested; I'm not so sure how it's supposed to work, but will be keeping my eye on it.



5. According to the OECD's Better Life Index (set up to find out in which country you would live the best life possible based on what's a priority to you) I should move to Canada, Australia, or Sweden, in that order. Which countries do you get? And isn't playing around with the flowers and ranking just plain fun?

6. Um . . . thinking . . . I've recently been reading the source code of sites I come across. It's interesting to see who uses Strict XHTML and who uses Transitional, and who doesn't use the doctype declaration at all.

7. 43 comments on the previous post, last time I checked! Thank you for responding, everyone--I love reading your opinions.

And I'm going to tag anyone who wants to answer the questions, and award anyone who feels like snagging the Irresistibly Sweet Award. You all deserve it!

*I just realized, in a fit of bloggish insight early this morning, that I put the wrong title on this post. Oops. It's changed, now.*


-----The Golden Eagle

20 comments:

N. R. Williams said...

Congratulations on the awards. Thanks for the shout out Golden. I have the virtual chocolates up.

The countries in order for me are, Australia, Canada and Sweden. We are very close.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium

Milli said...

Congrats! Your blog is pretty sweet C:
I agree, fall is awesome.
Ummm...pottermore is ...interesting. I wonder what it would be. I've seen some leaked pictures and stuff on the internet but...those didn't give much away. I'm really excited on finding out what it's about.

-milli www.doodlereads.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Congrats on your awards and how awesome of you to do a shoutout for N.R.!

I have heard about Pottermore and I'm intrigued. I think it could change the way authors do ebook publishing forever. Good for J.K.!

Gail said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved awards.

Madeline Bartos said...

Congratulations! Pottermore seems rather interesting. I love how there is so much about the world that J.K knows and we don't, as she's been "hoarding" the information :)

Bryce Daniels said...

Congrats on your awards and the tags!

The attention is well-deserved.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Congrats Golden....

Enjoy your weekend.

Emily Rose said...

I just learned about Pottermore - it sounds really interesting!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations! And I sent Amazon a message for Nancy.

Old Kitty said...

Looks like I need to go to Canada too! LOL!! Awwww congrats with your awards!! Yay!!!! And Yay for Pottermore - it's so BIG news!! Very exciting stuff!!

Take care
x

Rob-bear said...

Congrats on the awards, Eagle.

You're right; you want to move to Canada. Really, you do! We're right next door, we have a good national healthcare program and education systems, our flag is red and white (almost red, white, and blue) and we're fun people, who tend not to go overboard.
Time's a wastin'; start packing today!

Jai Joshi said...

Congrats on that sweet award!

I heard about Pottermore yesterday and I've been so excited ever since.

Jai

That 20 Something Virgin. said...

congrats on the awards!

i'm not entirely sure what pottermore is either, but it has to do with harry potter so that's good enough for me, can't wait to check it out.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Pottermore? Interesting. Saw some comment about it at another post and just thought it was a random Harry fandom moment. Now I've seen the video, and I have to say . . .I'm not sure I'm excited about it. Maybe. But I like the books just as they are. Do I want that hoarded information? Filling in the blanks between the lines of stories is what makes reading so delicious!

Charles Gramlich said...

Congrats on the awards!

Trisha said...

Yay for awards! hehe

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Golden E - Pottermore sounds interesting I must say .. I'd been wondering what it was!

Nancy .. good luck -I can't help with Amazon .. I see Alex sent a shout over ..

Congratulations on the award though .. cheers and enjoy the week .. Hilary

Jules said...

Congrats on the award. LOL, I spent yesterday trying to un-code the HTML on my template, sure could have used you. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

The Golden Eagle said...

Nancy: Thank you!

I hope the shout-out helps with the Amazon price. :)

Wow. That is close!

Milli: Thanks!

I just hope it isn't too gimmicky--I'm curious about the information J. K. Rowling said she'd be releasing about the world of HP. :)

Heather: Thank you!

Really? How so?

Gail: Thanks! :)

Madeline: Thank you.

True--that's the part that most intrigues me about Pottermore. What else might be learned? ;)

Bryce: Thank you!

I did have good weekend--hope you enjoyed yours!

Michael: Thanks!

Hope you had a good one. :)

Emily: I agree--I just hope it isn't a sales pitch.

Alex: Thank you!

Awesome.

Old Kitty: LOL. We should band together and break for it. :P

Thanks!

It is big news, especially to Harry Potter fans!

Rob-Bear: Thank you!

I'd like to move to Canada, actually. It sounds like a really nice place. :)

Jai: Thanks!

Me, too; I hope it turns out as good as it seems now!

20 Something Virgin: Thank you!

LOL. Anything to do with HP is a draw for me, to. :)

Tyrean: I agree, the series is good as it is--I wouldn't want there to be more books in the series, or anything like that.

Charles: Thank you!

Trisha: Yay is right. ;)

Hilary: I'm waiting to find out what happens with it--and what does "follow the owl" mean, exactly?!

Thank you! :)

Jules: Thanks!

If you need any help with HTML, feel free to drop me an email . . . I'm still learning, but I might know something useful for your template. :)

Misha said...

Congrats on the awards!
At first I was very excited for Pottermore - now my excitement has kind of deflated. But I hope it attracts new HP readers.