02 August, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (48)

Meme time again. Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.

Rules:



  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week, my teaser is from Bestest. Ramadan. Ever. by Medeia Sharif. I had to stop myself from jumping up and down when I saw this on the New Books shelf in the library. A book! By an author I know! That I've wanted to read since I first heard about it! I actually just finished it, but I'm going to share a teaser anyway:


Malik? I wonder if she's Middle Eastern. I hope she is, because then I won't be the only Muslim in the school. It isn't like I'm lonely or anything, but to know someone else who shares my culture seems comfortable to me, the same way many of my classmates speak Spanish to each other all the time.
-p. 79

**********

Have a teaser, or thoughts on the book you're reading? Feel free to leave them in the comments!


-----The Golden Eagle

19 comments:

Shelly said...

Smiles to you!

ali said...

This book is on my TBR list and I can't wait to read it! I love YA books that bring something different.

Heather said...

I've heard great things about this book! Excellent teaser.

Alice Audrey said...

Great teaser. My teaser is here

Laila Knight said...

That souds like an interesting book. I like stories with an ethnic point of view. It's sometimes difficult to fit in if you come from a different country. Customs and ideals vary. :)

Marlena Cassidy said...

I like the narrator's voice for this book. Now I want to read it!

Jennifer said...

I do think I would enjoy this book.
My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesdays-the-girls-of-murder-city.html

Old Kitty said...

Fantastic!!! Yay!!!! Nice teaser - there is so much longing in the voice! Take care
x

Shannon Lawrence said...

I haven't read any books by this author, but I like the voice. From other comments on here, it sounds like others like the author, too. Thanks for the teaser.

http://thewarriormuse.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-8211.html

laughingwolf said...

nicely done, ge... medeia's my friend as well... will pick her book asap :)

Shelley said...

Nice teaser Golden Eagle, thanks for sharing! :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Can't wait to read Medeia's book!! :)

I'm currently reading What's in a Name by Terry O'Dell (another blog friend). Here's my teaser...

Kelli glanced down, only then realizing she was still wearing Blake's t-shirt and nothing else. Her ride couldn't be this early, could it?

Lynda R Young said...

Great teaser. This book is on my ever growing list of TBR

Ann said...

Wonderful teaser. This books sounds interesting, will put it on my ever growing book list.

Jules said...

You sure have a diverse library Eagle. Nice teaser. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries said...

What a great teaser! We live in an area with a lot of Spanish speakers, and I remember my son feeling left out because he only speaks English! :)

Jennifer Hillier said...

This book looks cool! Great teaser.

Mark Noce said...

“One of them was a bear. Abe’s muscle seized up between running away and standing still as death. “
_Abe: A Novel of the Young Lincoln_
Author: Richard Slotkin

The Golden Eagle said...

Shelly: Thanks!

:D

Ali: Me, too. And this one is unique. :)

Heather: It's a good story.

Thanks!

Alice: Thanks!

Laila: True--and it's a lot easier to understand people if you realize what those customs and ideals are. :)

Marlena: Well, that's the goal of Teaser Tuesday. ;)

Jennifer: You should read it!

Old Kitty: Glad you liked it! :)

Shannon: There's a strong voice in this book.

You're welcome!

Laughingwolf: Thanks!

It's a great book. :)

Shelley: You're welcome!

Jemi: That sounds like a predicament. LOL. Great teaser!

Lynda: Thanks!

The TBR pile does grow rapidly, doesn't it? :P

Ann: Glad you enjoyed it.

Jules: They do have a lot of books--and since there's a system that connects a whole bunch of libraries patrons can request material from all over the place.

Thanks! :)

Julie: Glad you enjoyed it!

There really isn't any other language besides English in this area; it must be a very different experience to live in a place where people speak something else!

Jennifer: It is! :D

Thanks.

Mark: Lots of tension in that teaser!

I've never heard of the book or the author--will have to look them up.