25 August, 2011

The Traveling Smoothie Tag!

Okay, a little slow to do this one, but better late than never, right?



Mercy Vaughn at Not At All Stupid tagged me (thank you, Mercy!) and here are the rules for this Traveling Smoothie Tag:


1. Put an uncolored copy of the smoothie into the post (for video bloggers, print it out or insert it into your video).

2. Color in another copy of the smoothie. Be creative and color the smoothie, straw, and background, if you wish.

3. Insert your colored smoothie in your post/ video/ webpage. If you wish, you may include the location of the smoothie. Be as general or specific as you wish.

4. Name five blogging/ video blogging/ DeviantArt friends who will then have to fill out the smoothie, too. Also remember to link to them, because linking to people makes sad people happy.

This has to be one of the more interesting tags I've done. :)

But I'm going to have to break the rules a bit. While Mercy printed hers out (view her awesome smoothie and description HERE) the printer's out of ink, the scanner doesn't work with the computer that's connected to the Internet, and I don't vlog. Hence, I decided to go digital.

Ta-da! My Sumopaint-enhanced smoothie:


The smoothie for those days when life needs a bit more bright blue drink in a glass decorated with purple and silver flowers, and a slight drop-shadow.

About the drop-shadow: I spent way too much time fooling around with Sumopaint's layers and effects and whatnot. It is one of the best image editors I've found (though Flame Painter is still unrivaled when it comes to playing around with color), with hundreds of options. Have I mentioned it's free, too?

Now, for the people I tag (not to say they're sad people, but because I think it will be fun to see what they'll come up with):


Memzie at The Last Memzie
Madeline Bartos
Emily Rose at Mist of the Blossom Rain

(And I'm cheating here and listing only three. If you want to make up the fourth and fifth, go ahead . . .)

**********


What kind of smoothie/drink are you in the mood for right now?


Also, I'm a featured blogger over at Ali Cross's blog! Hope you'll stop by.



-----The Golden Eagle

31 comments:

Jules said...

Cool smoothie and congrats! I think i need a rainbow berry smoothie that has a big kick of flying monkeys. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

That 20 Something Virgin. said...

a smoothie actually sounds really good right now.
that picture is pretty cool though, nice shading effect. not sure if it's even shading, but it kind of looks like it, and i'm in the dark ages when it comes to photoshop.

Jess said...

Awesome smoothie! And congrats over at Ali Crosses blog :)

Kari Marie said...

OK. Your post title lured me in. Probably because I'm hungry and boy does that smoothy look FINE. Congratulations on being featured. I'll head over and check it out.

Old Kitty said...

Awww what a fun tag! Yay!! Enjoy your smoothie!!!

Now I need to have a hot chocolate one (yes, I know it's not done but I can dream! LOL!) cos it's past midnight and I need to go to bed!! :-)

take care
x

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I saw your feature at Ali's site - very nice! A blue smoothie is very science fiction.

lizhellebuyck said...

Mmmmm Smoothies. I would have a hot chocolate one too. ;)

Emily Rose said...

Thanks for the tag! I just had ice cream and ice water, so not craving a particular smoothy right now, but would love a sip of pina colada (alcohol free, of course)

Rusty Webb said...

I just finished a beer, so I could go for a chips and salsa smoothie right now.

Shelley said...

Nice smoothie edit! Right now I'm really liking Tim Horton's strawberry and banana smoothies! Yum! :)

Clarissa Draper said...

That's really cool. I love smoothies and so it's a neat challenge.

J. A. Bennett said...

This is the best tag I have ever seen! I totally love it!!

Carrie Butler said...

It's 2:58 AM and I could really go for a smoothie now... ;)

Rob-bear said...

This is a very interesting process. But too complicated for a Bear.

Marlena Cassidy said...

That is one adorable smoothie. Congrats on the feature!

Madeleine said...

Love your smoothie. It's so cute! I'm off to make a cup of tea. :O)

Summer Ross said...

Yum- smoothies- I just had a strawberry bomb smoothie yesterday. Congrats on being featured.

Milli said...

Neat smoothie :D
I love the bright blue, and of course the flowers!
I don't think I've ever heard of this tag. I think this is the beginning of a craving for smoothies (:

love,
-milli
www.doodlereads.blogspot.com

The Golden Eagle said...

Jules: Thank you! :)

LOL.

That 20 Something Virgin: Thanks!

Actually, I used Sumopaint for this; I've never tried Photoshop.

Jess: Thank you!

Kari: I had wondered if it'd draw anyone in.

Thanks! :)

Old Kitty: Thank you!

Hot chocolate smoothie? Doesn't sound too bad . . .

Alex: Thanks!

LOL. Hey, I could come up with a story idea about a planet where people drink blue smoothies.

Liz: Shall I create one of those to go with this one? :)

Emily: You're welcome!

Never had pina colada; I'm guessing it's good?

Rusty: Chips and salsa smoothie That would be interesting. :P

Shelley: Thank you!

It sounds good. :D

Clarissa: Thanks!

J. A.: LOL. Feel free to do it if you want to!

Carrie: That's early. (Or late, depending.) Do you sleep? :P

Rob-bear: The program I used can get complicated; I've never tried layers before. But Sumopaint is fairly easy to use once you know where everything is.

Marlena: Thank you! :)

Madeleine: Hope you enjoyed your cup of tea!

Summer: Sounds like something I'd try; I love strawberry.

Thanks!

Milli: Thank you!

LOL. Probably. ;)

Sangu said...

I love quirky, random tags like this! Great smoothie!

Carol Kilgore said...

Cool smoothie! I could use a Margarita smoothie :)

Now I'm heading to see Mercy's smoothie.

Happy Weekend!

Theresa Milstein said...

That is one blue drink. I wonder what's in it! You're way more tech savvy than me.

M Pax said...

Very creative to go digital. My printer is out of ink, too. It's a plague :-0 Just kidding. Have a great weekend.

Sarah Pearson said...

Very creative, I would drink that!

For me it's always diet coke or pepsi at this time of night but if I wasn't getting so old I'd take a tall glass of Bailey's over ice :-)

Jenna Blake Morris said...

Nice! Congrats, by the way. Love the drop shadow. (;

Flying high in the sky.... said...

very interesting!

Lola X said...

Absolutely fantastic blog!!! Glad I found it! Love it!!!

Lola x
http://lola-x.blogspot.com

tanyakschua said...

Hey! Wassup? Thanks for following me. I followed you back. :) Nice blog you have here. You have so many friends here. My friends don't go much on blogspot so I have no one to tag but my other follower who is more of a writer than an artist, but this looks fun. I'll do my own version of this to be posted on my blog soon. I do photo editing. A lot. I'm honestly hoping to get some more followers so that I can have people to tag.

The Golden Eagle said...

Sangu: So do I. :)

Thank you!

Carol: Thanks!

It's awesome.

You too!

Theresa: LOL. I'm not sure myself . . .

Sumopaint is pretty easy to use; the layer thing got me confused for a moment, but once I realized what their effects were it made sense. :P

M: Thanks! Though I had kind of thought of it the opposite way. LOL.

Ours guzzles ink really fast; and even though it has black ink, it somehow manages to sap up the magenta and cyan. Why, printer, why?

Sarah: Braver'n I am, then. I'm not sure I'd dare to try it! :P

Jenna: Thank you!

LOL. Glad you like it.

Flying high in the sky: Thanks. :)

Lola: Thank you!

Tanyakschua: Thanks for following me! Welcome to The Eagle's Aerial Perspective. :)

I look forward to seeing your smoothie! Especially if you do a lot of photo editing; I'm sure it'll be a lot better than mine.

Adina West said...

Mmmmm, your smoothie looks delicious!

It's still winter here in Sydney but the sun is shining, so maybe I could manage an unseasonal smoothie. Still, every good smoothie recipe should include banana I think, and they're kind of expensive this season due to the floods in QLD earlier in the year, so maybe by this summer...

Love banana, wheatgerm, yogurt and honey smoothie. Or banana and strawberry. I sometimes add a handful of oats to it and it's breakfast!

The Golden Eagle said...

Adina: Thanks! :)

It's heading toward the end of summer here in the north; still smoothie season.

That sounds like a tasty combination! And a great breakfast, besides.