28 August, 2012

Alligators Overhead Blog Tour: Teaser Tuesday With C. Lee McKenzie

As you may know, I usually reserve Tuesdays for Teaser Tuesday, hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. But today, I'm not the one who'll be sharing some teasers: Instead, C. Lee McKenzie, author of the Middle Grade Alligators Overhead is here with some sentences to share.

Here's Lee!

**********

You’ve been a great supporter of my launch. You created a terrific badge (proudly displayed on my webpage) and you’ve opened your blog to me today. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
   Since you post a lot of teasers on your blog, I thought I’d give your readers a few teasers that I’ve loved, but since you’re all about Aerial Perspective, I’ve chosen to tweak your rules just a bit. My teasers are in keeping with the eagle’s view theme and not randomly chosen. These should be familiar to a lot of readers.

“The Eagles! the Eagles!” Bilbo cried, dancing and waving his arms. If the elves could not see him they could hear him. Soon they too took up the cry, and it echoed across the valley. 
(The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien)

In no region had the messengers discovered any signs or tidings of the Riders or other servants of the Enemy. Even from the Eagles of the Misty Mountains they had learned no fresh news. 
(The Fellowship of the Ring, J.R.R. Tolkien)

Well, I have no eagles flying in my book, but I do have a few alligators that I’ve managed to put overhead. So here are a couple of teasers from Alligators Overhead.

If Lizzy Glopp (spelled with two P's) had heard about the sightings over the Ornofree Swamp, the suspicious-odd shapes almost like—maybe exactly like—alligators she would have known there was something brewing.

The alligators hovered near the tree tops, closing ranks and throwing a huge
shadow over the ground. In perfect formation, they swooped down on the bulldozers, and the crews scattered for cover.
Hope these entice readers to take a look at my middle grade adventure. If they do, I’d love to hear what they thought of the story.

So great to be here!

**********

Blurb for Alligators Overhead:
Alligators, witches and a spooky mansion aren't your average neighbors unless you live at the edge of the Ornofree swamp in the backwater town of Hadleyville. The town's bad boy, Pete Riley, may only be twelve, but he's up to his eyeballs in big trouble, and this time he isn't the cause. This time the trouble arrives when a legendary hundred-year-old mansion materializes next door and the Ornofree alligators declare war to save their swamp from bulldozers. Things only get worse when Pete's guardian aunt and several of her close friends vanish while trying to restore order using outdated witchcraft. Now Pete must find the witches and stop the war. He might stand a chance if his one friend, Weasel, sticks with him, but even then, they may not have what it takes.


Purchase links:
Amazon (Kindle)
Amazon (paperback)
Barnes & Noble
Smashwords

Book Trailer:






About C. Lee McKenzie:
C. Lee McKenzie is a native Californian who grew up in a lot of different places; then landed in the Santa Cruz Mountains where she lives with her family and miscellaneous pets. She writes most of the time, gardens and hikes and does yoga a lot, and then travels whenever she can.
   She takes on modern issues that today's teens face in their daily lives. Her first young adult novel, Sliding on the Edge, which dealt with cutting and suicide was published in 2009. Her second, titled The Princess of Las Pulgas, dealing with a family who loses everything and must rebuild their lives came out in 2010.

TWITTER : @cleemckenzie
AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0042M1KYW 
GOODREADS: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2809083.C_Lee_McKenzie



-----The Golden Eagle

34 comments:

....Petty Witter said...

Loving both the look and sound of this - sadly I'm not able to load the video for some reason though.

L.G.Smith said...

I saw this on another blog and thought it was just adorable. Great book trailer too.

Pat Hatt said...

Great video, one of the best trailers I've seen.

Rachna Chhabria said...

Love the 2 excerpts from Alligators Overhead. Definitely want to read it.

Deniz Bevan said...

Yay for Tolkien!
Alligators Overhead sounds very exciting.

Jemi Fraser said...

I think Tolkien's eagles and Lee's alligators would get along very well! :)

I loved this book - it's so a fabulous story!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Together those alligators and eagles could take out the cats, couldn't they?

cleemckenzie said...

@Petty Sorry you couldn't load the trailer. Gremlins at work.

@L.G. So glad to see you here. Thanks for the comment.

@Pat Thanks so much. My niece who is five sat glued to the screen and kept watching it!

@Rachna if you read AO I hope you'll enjoy it.

@Deniz Our Tolkien books are tattered from overuse. Thanks for your visit.

@Jemi What a combination eagles and alligators! Make for some super fantasy reading.

Precy Larkins said...

Sounds like a really fun book!

J.L. Campbell said...

Those alligators sound like they mean business!

Emily R. King said...

Great eagle teasers! And congrats again, C!

Brinda said...

Love this trailer!

michelle said...

C.Lee is burning up the blogosphere at the moment. I've read her interviews on about six or seven different blogs...
Go C.Lee!
Oh, and I definitely want to read the story.

Jai Joshi said...

Great teasers! Alligators Overhead sounds cool. Good luck with the launch, Lee!

Jai

Natasha said...

This book sounds so original and brilliant! I'm gonna have to track it down and read it soon. C McKenzie sounds like a great author too. Thanks for the lovely comment too!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Wonderful teasers ...

I've been seeing Alligators everywhere, not overhead, but throughout the blogosphere.

Congrats on your charming book C.

Cherie Reich said...

Fantastic teasers! I love the book trailer too. Sounds great!

Christine Rains said...

I love the teasers! Both the eagles and alligators!

Susan Kane said...

Eagles to Alligators--what could be better!

Old Kitty said...

Fabulous teasers for Eagles and Alligators!!!

C Lee McKenzie!! All the best - them alligators sound BIG!!!! Take care
x

cleemckenzie said...

@Precy I hope readers think it's worth their reading time. Thanks.

@J.L. They do not mess around: I kid you not.

@Emily You must be tired of me by now!

@Brinda Thanks. Glad you liked the trailer.

@Michelle I'm burning up something. It's really been an amazing experience this August.

@Jai Thanks so much. Appreciate the good wishes.

@Natasha That's a wonderful compliment and I really do appreciate it. Let me know if you like the book.

@Michael Hi and thanks for putting up with these alligators overhead. I've had some wonderful blogger support this month.

@Cherie Thanks so much. Glad the trailer was fun.

@Christine Hi! So pleased to see you here.

@Susan They are both remarkable creatures and for very different reasons. I agree!

@Old Kitty I've put your place off limits to the alligators, explaining that Charlie is very particular about his guests.

M Pax said...

It's a great trailer, Lee. Loved the teasers you shared.

Waving to Eagle.

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

Fantastic trailer. That was one of the most awesome I have ever watched.

Ciara said...

We keep passing each other on our tour. *waves* Hi, C Lee!!

Mikazuki said...

That sounds awesome. :) Great teasers!

DMS said...

Great teasers! So happy to see some from Alligators Overhead. Hope everyone goes out and gets it- they won't regret it! :)
~Jess

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

Well I love these teasers!

Rob-bear said...

Just the idea of flying alligators terrifies me!

Great video!

Medeia Sharif said...

Great teasers. I like the idea of having someone as a guest for this meme.

Ellie Garratt said...

Loved the teasers and book trailer! Thank you!

Connie Keller said...

Wow! Sounds like a delightful book.

cleemckenzie said...

@MPax Glad the teasers were fun.

@Michael That's wonderful. So pleased you enjoyed the trailer.
@Alex I'm counting on these critters to at least scare those cats into backing down!
@Ciara Indeed. We are on a very similar circuit!
@Mikazuki So glad you liked it.
@DMS Hi and thanks again so much.
@Duncan I think I'm going to have to start playing Teaser Tuesday.
@Rob-Bear Me too!
@Medeia It was fun doing this post.
@Ellie Thanks.
@Connie It was fun to write. Hope it's fun to read.

The Golden Eagle said...

Thank you for coming by, everyone!

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries said...

great teasers! (now I want to go to my shelves and pull out The Hobbit and my LOTR books!) Alligators overhead .... this sounds great!