21 August, 2012

Book Release: Weighted By Ciara Knight

The awesome blogger/writer Ciara Knight has a book coming out today: Weighted, which I posted the cover for back in May as part of its reveal. Now, the actual book (a prequel novelette to The Neumarian Chronicles) is available.

Blurb:
The Great War of 2185 is over, but my nightmare has just begun. I am being held captive in the Queen’s ship awaiting interrogation. My only possible ally is the princess, but I’m unsure if she is really my friend or a trap set by the Queen to fool me into sharing the secret of my gift. A gift I keep hidden even from myself. It swirls inside my body begging for release, but it is the one thing the Queen can never discover. Will I have the strength to keep the secret? I’ll know the answer soon. If the stories are true about the interrogators, I’ll either be dead or a traitor to my people by morning.

Read Chapter One of Weighted.

Purchase links:
Smashwords
Amazon.com
Barnes & Noble

About Ciara:
Ciara writes to "Defy the Dark" with her fantasy and paranormal books. Her debut novel, The Curse of Gremdon, was released to acclaimed reviews, securing a Night Owl Top Pick and five stars from the Paranormal Romance Guild. Also, book I, Rise From Darkness, from her debut young adult Battle For Souls series, secured glowing reviews and won July Book of the Month from Long and Short Reviews. 
Her first love, besides her family, reading, and writing, is travel. She's backpacked through Europe, visited orphanages in China, and landed in a helicopter on a glacier in Alaska. 
Ciara is extremely sociable so please feel free to connect with her at her blog, website, Twitter, Goodreads, or Facebook.


Release dates for the upcoming Neumarian Chronicles:

Escapement (Book I) - Early 2013
Pendulum (Book II) - Mid 2013
Balance (Book III) - Early 2014

Other books by Ciara Knight:

Battle for Souls Series:
Ascension of Evil - Coming in October

**********

Have you read any of Ciara's books? Do you know her?


-----The Golden Eagle

29 comments:

shelly said...

I tweeted and FB'd it. Congrats to the author.

Pat Hatt said...

Congrats indeed and yeah first time I heard of her was on your blog.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Congrats to Ciara. I love her cover.

cleemckenzie said...

Ciara is making a hit on blogOsphere with her new book! Great to see her here, too! I'll add another congratulation on her launch.

Natasha said...

I've not heard of Ciara but her book sounds amazing, Ill have to check it out. xxx

Old Kitty said...

Yay for wonderful Ciara! Take care
x

Ciara said...

Thank you so much for posting about Weighted's release today. You are AWESOME!!

Shelley - Thanks so much for Tweeting and FBing.

Pat Hatt - I hope you give the series a try. There are free copies being given away today and tomorrow on my blog.

Thanks, Susan C Lee, and Old Kitty.

Natasha - It's nice to meet you. Thanks so much!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Ciara's cover rocks! And the first chapter is intense.

Carol Kilgore said...

I recently read Ciara's Rise From Darkness. It's awesome :)

Ciara said...

Alex, yes, the first chapter is intense. Actually, the entire work is intense. LOL

I'm so glad you liked Rise From Darkness, Carol!

Connie Keller said...

Wow! It sounds like a great book and the cover is stunning!

Susan Roebuck said...

I read an excerpt from Ciara's "Weighted" and I'm hooked. I wish Ciara well, and thanks GE for recommending it.

Cherie Reich said...

Congrats to Ciara!

Jay Noel said...

Ciara is EVERYWHERE!!!

Hope she sells a ton of copies.

Writer on Fire

Brinda said...

I'll add another congrats and "woot, woot" here. :)

DWei said...

Haven't read any of her books but you aren't the only blogger talking about her right now. :P

M Pax said...

Woo hooo! Yay for Ciara!

Carrie Butler said...

Yay! Congratulations to Ciara! :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Yay for Ciara - I've got her book on my kindle, just haven't had time yet :)

Brian said...

That does sound very cool! I haven't read anything by her...have to fix that!

Medeia Sharif said...

It's fantastic seeing this blitz all over the place. Congrats to Ciara.

Emily R. King said...

That cover really is amazing. I can't wait to read my copy!

Christine Rains said...

Yay for Ciara!

Lynda R Young said...

yay for Ciara!!
Best wishes for her new release.

Sangu Mandanna said...

This sounds really great! Congratulations to Clara!

Sangu Mandanna said...

Sigh. Stupid typos. Make that congratulations to CIARA!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi GE and Ciara .. love the cover .. and the fact that Weighted is released this week - good luck with all the promotion and sales ..

Cheers Hilary

Paul Tobin said...

This sounds very intriguing. I shall have to watch out for it.

The Golden Eagle said...

Shelly: Awesome. :)

Pat: Glad my blog is good for something . . . LOL.

Susan: Me, too.

Cleemckenzie: She definitely did make a splash on Tuesday. :)

Natasha: Hope you like it, if you read Weighted!

Old Kitty: Indeed. :)

Ciara: You're very welcome!

Alex: I agree--it's a great hook.

Carol: On my TBR. :)

Connie: I like the cover as well!

Susan: You're welcome.

Cherie: Yup. :)

Jay: I do, too!

Brinda: Lots of that going around here.

DWei: LOL. Yeah, I saw other posts with her book, too.

Mary: Great to see all this support for her.

Carrie: Definitely!

Jemi: Don't we all wish there was more time to read? :P

Brian: Hope you like her books, if you try them!

Medeia: It is!

Emily: I love looking at it on all the different blogs.

Christine: Yup!

Lynda: Same from me. :)

Sangu: Doesn't it?

I make typos like that all the time. Understandable. :)

Hilary: Release a while in coming since the cover was revealed; not that I'm complaining. Just allowed for more hype to build up. ;)

Paul: The links above in the post should take you to where you can find it! :)