31 August, 2012

Cover Reveal: Rise Of A Rector


More book news today, everyone! (Three book-related posts in one week and a post on a Friday . . . I must be hitting records here at The Eagle's Aerial Perspective. All in the name of reading!)


Heather McCorkle recently released the cover for Rise of a Rector, which is book 3 of her Channeler series.

Blurb for Rise of a Rector:
With graduation--and the hell of the last two years--behind her, Eren is hoping to finally explore her relationship with Aiden and deepen the bonds with her Society. But it seems there's no rest for a soon-to-be legendary Mayan warrior of the apocalypse.
   From the green hills of Ireland to the jungles of Mexico, and deep into lands unexpected, Eren and Aiden will stop at nothing to discover all they can about their rare power in an attempt to alter destiny. Learning about ancient secrets that no one can remember proves to be more than challenging with Eren seeing old ghosts at every turn though. Worse yet, behind the ghosts lies something darker and far more deadly than any of the trials she has endured so far.
   In the jungles of Costa Rica entire villages are dying inexplicably. Near the carnage live a group of channelers who are hiding a thousand year old secret, one that could change the very fate of the planet. But the ghosts of Eren's past have other plans, plans to seize the thread of destiny--and Eren--and manipulate both.

-from Goodreads

Heather's novella, Born of Fire, is currently free on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. She's also giving away two e-book copies of To Ride A Puca; the only requirement is to spread the word about her book. To enter fill out the form below.




About Heather:
Heather is an author of young adult fantasy, in all its many sub-genres. Helping other writers and supporting fabulous authors is one of her many passions. When she's not writing or surfing her social networking sites, she can be found on the slopes, the hiking trails, or on horseback. As a native Oregonian, she enjoy the outdoors almost as much as the worlds she creates on the pages. No need to travel to the Great Northwest though, you can find her on her personal blog four days a week, on her critique group's blog on Wednesdays, and Monday nights on Twitter where she co-moderates the #WritersRoad chat.

**********

Do you follow Heather's blog? Read any of her books? Do you enjoy reading YA Fantasy?


-----The Golden Eagle

41 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It's a great cover!

Brinda said...

I agree with Alex. It's a beautiful cover and interesting blurb.

M Pax said...

Congrats to Heather! Woot. It's a beautiful cover.

L.G.Smith said...

It's been an active week for book releases in blogland, which is awesome!

Jemi Fraser said...

Nice cover - and I always enjoy Heather's stories :)

Heather said...

Thanks everyone, your kind words mean a lot! And thank you GE for the lovely feature! :)

Li said...

Thanks for introducing a new author! I read some YA when I get the chance, although my stack of books keeps growing exponentially!

Shelly said...

I've been seeing this great cover every where.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

Donna K. Weaver said...

I'm reading the second book in the series right now. This one sounds good. Very different cover. =D

Rusty Webb said...

Cool cover.

Pat Hatt said...

The cover is very interesting, nicely done.

J.L. Campbell said...

Hi, TGE,
Heather's book sounds good. I like the exotic location and the plot.

DWei said...

Best of luck to everyone entering! I'll have to pass for now. Too busy reading Game of Thrones.

michelle said...

The cover is really gorgeous!

stuartnager said...

The YA market is huge...good to have you point out some of the more interesting work. thanks GE

Mikazuki said...

Sounds interesting! Awesome cover. :)

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, Golden,

Still love seeing this cover around the blogosphere!

Have a great weekend.

The Golden Eagle said...

Alex: Agreed. :)

Brinda: I like the blurb as well!

Mary: Yup!

L.G.: Yeah, it is. At least there's no shortage of good books. :)

Jemi: I've enjoyed what I've read of hers, too.

Heather: You're very welcome!

Li: Mine, too. LOL.

Shelly: Yeah--I've noticed several blogs posting about it.

Donna: It doesn't follow any cover formulas, that's for sure!

Rusty: I agree.

Pat: I believe Heather does her own covers, which is impressive--imagining writing and designing a book!

J.L.: I love books with unique locations as well.

DWei: Now that's a long series for you . . .

Michelle: I like it as well. :)

Stuart: You're welcome!

Mikazuki: It is.

Michael: I do, too!

....Petty Witter said...

Loving the cover of this. Good luck to everyone who enters the giveaway.

Carol Kilgore said...

I'm seeing her book around this week. Sounds good, looks good :)

laughingwolf said...

grats, heather :)

Phạm Minh Tâm said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Talli Roland said...

I've just come from Heather's blog and read the teaser! Looks like a great read.

Beth said...

Congratulations to Heather!

klahanie said...

Hi Golden Eagle and greetings to Heather,
Most impressed with the cover. I have not checked out her blog site, as of yet. Shall check that out.
In so far as young adult fantasy, I reckon that must be good. I fantasise about me being a young adult instead of some old dude! :)
Happy writing to the both of you.
Gary

Lynda R Young said...

Congrats to Heather!! I do follow her blog and I love YA fantasy :)

Paul Tobin said...

This sounds very interesting, I love the idea of unearthing forgotten secrets.

Deepali said...

Wow, you have a ton of commentators!! What a great, active community :)

Emily R. King said...

Love the sound of this, Heather! Congrats on your release!

Tanya Reimer said...

Wow! Great cover!!!! Love it.

The Golden Eagle said...

Petty Witter: I like the cover, too. :)

Carol: Definitely!

Laughingwolf: Yup. Great to see her book making it around the blogosphere.

Talli: I saw that teaser as well. :)

Beth: Same from me.

Klahanie: Awesome. Her blog is one of my favorites!

Lynda: I do, too. :)

Paul: It's a great concept!

Deepali: Thanks for coming by and joining in. :)

Emily: Thank you for commenting!

Tanya: I like it as well.

J. A. Bennett said...

Sounds like an interesting story, I just downloaded my free copy :)

Medeia Sharif said...

Congrats to Heather.

Great blurb, and timely too.

Maurice Mitchell said...

Great cover and an even better blurb! Masterful.

Crystal Collier said...

Egads! My to-read list can't handle all this awesomeness.

Alleged Author said...

Yay for Heather! I wish her much success. :)

Rob-bear said...

Delightful art on the cover. The book review scares me enough that I don't think i'll try the book.

But thanks for sharing both.

The Golden Eagle said...

J.A.: Awesome. :)

Medeia: It is!

Maurice: I agree, it's a well-written blurb.

Crystal: LOL. I always feel that way when I come across a new book, too.

Alleged Author: Same here. :)

Rob-bear: You're very welcome!

Jai Joshi said...

Owww! Heather, congrats on the book, the cover is pretty amazing too!

Jai

Carol Riggs said...

YA fantasy rocks! And this looks like an intriguing one. Congrats on this cover release, and good luck to Heather for this book!

The Golden Eagle said...

Jai: I like the cover as well. :)

Carol: There's some great YA Fantasy out there.