Nutschell at The Writing Nut and Su at Cheekyness have awarded me in the past couple of weeks, so I think it's time for an awards post!
First, the Seriously Cute Award:
. . . which is adorable. Thank you, Nutschell! :) For this I have to list 5 books/movies/TV programs I've watched in the past 12 months. I've never been awarded this one before, so this should be interesting:
1. TV Program: The PBS NewsHour. I like keeping current with politics.
2. Book: The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp by Rick Yancey. I finished it earlier this afternoon, actually. I found it interesting that it says the character dies later in the story right on the first page. (Whether or not he does, I'm not saying. You'll have to read the book.)
3. Movie: I think the last movie I watched might have been the BBC's A Midsummer Night's Dream. (I know, I know . . .)
4. TV Program: NOVA. Yay for fascinating science shows.
5. Book: The Merlin Conspiracy by Diana Wynne Jones. I was sorry to hear she died this March. She was one excellent writer.
I don't think there's a set number of people you have to award for this one, so I'm just going to award six bloggers:
RaShelle Workman at A No. 2 Pencil Stat! (Don't forget to wish her a happy B-day on July 22nd!)
Madeleine at Scribble and Edit (You have to sign up for her Novel Films Blogfest.)
Bethany Elizabeth at Ink-Splattered (She posts some very interesting questions, and I love her comments.)
Krispy at A Nudge In the Right Direction (Vlogs, blogfests, memes, it's a great place to visit. Head over!)
Samantha Sotto at the blog of the same name (Her book, Before Ever After, is coming out this August.)
Tere Kirkland at The Lesser Key of Tere (I always enjoy her posts.)
And now for the the Versatile Blogger Award:
Thank you, Su! :)
1. I like Blogger-in-Draft's new interface. When I first saw it a couple days ago (it had been like regular Blogger's that morning) I was frantically hovering and clicking and thinking "Wait! What does that arrow mean? Why are there drop-down menus all over the place? Why is it white and orange? HUH?!" But I like it now. The only problem I have is with the fact it's hard to see the shading in some places (or maybe it's just the angle I'm sitting) and I can't scroll through a post when I'm viewing it in the Editor. I have to use the cursor and arrow keys. But the home page is LOADING SO MUCH FASTER. Really, it's great. See (and/or use) the interface HERE.
2. Dance competition was awesome. Sure, I had to hang around for about eight hours, and yes I had only one dance, and there were over 400 numbers there, but it was still a lot of fun. And our studio took home awards!
3. I have decided what I'm going to do my website on. I mentioned before I was learning HTML in another awards post, and I want to experiment with it a little--so I'm planning to set up a website. I'm not telling you what it's about right now, though. You'll just have to see. ;)
4. I am currently listening to Maurice Andre, Trumpet Masterpieces. I love it. And he can certainly nail those trills.
5. Writing is slowing down. I did manage to write 30,000 words in June, which was my goal, but I've written little in July and it's already the 9th. I know what's supposed to happen . . . the inspiration just hasn't arrived. But I'm still optimistic about the novel right now.
6. I have an absurd number of books out on my card right now. It's over 50, I can tell you that.
7. I know I haven't been doing as much blogging lately. And I've said that before. And I know, it's about time I got back into the blogging swing--I had been following a schedule for a while there.
I've been awarded as a Versatile Blogger many times, so I'm not going to pass it on this time. (If you want to take it, though, feel free to do so!)
-----The Golden Eagle