09 July, 2011

I've Been Awarded!

Nutschell at The Writing Nut and Su at Cheekyness have awarded me in the past couple of weeks, so I think it's time for an awards post!

First, the Seriously Cute Award:


. . . which is adorable. Thank you, Nutschell! :) For this I have to list 5 books/movies/TV programs I've watched in the past 12 months. I've never been awarded this one before, so this should be interesting:

1. TV Program: The PBS NewsHour. I like keeping current with politics.

2. Book: The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp by Rick Yancey. I finished it earlier this afternoon, actually. I found it interesting that it says the character dies later in the story right on the first page. (Whether or not he does, I'm not saying. You'll have to read the book.)

3. Movie: I think the last movie I watched might have been the BBC's A Midsummer Night's Dream. (I know, I know . . .)

4. TV Program: NOVA. Yay for fascinating science shows.

5. Book: The Merlin Conspiracy by Diana Wynne Jones. I was sorry to hear she died this March. She was one excellent writer.

I don't think there's a set number of people you have to award for this one, so I'm just going to award six bloggers:

RaShelle Workman at A No. 2 Pencil Stat! (Don't forget to wish her a happy B-day on July 22nd!)
Madeleine at Scribble and Edit (You have to sign up for her Novel Films Blogfest.)
Bethany Elizabeth at Ink-Splattered (She posts some very interesting questions, and I love her comments.)
Krispy at A Nudge In the Right Direction (Vlogs, blogfests, memes, it's a great place to visit. Head over!)
Samantha Sotto at the blog of the same name (Her book, Before Ever After, is coming out this August.)
Tere Kirkland at The Lesser Key of Tere (I always enjoy her posts.)

And now for the the Versatile Blogger Award:


Thank you, Su! :)

Seven facts:

1. I like Blogger-in-Draft's new interface. When I first saw it a couple days ago (it had been like regular Blogger's that morning) I was frantically hovering and clicking and thinking "Wait! What does that arrow mean? Why are there drop-down menus all over the place? Why is it white and orange? HUH?!" But I like it now. The only problem I have is with the fact it's hard to see the shading in some places (or maybe it's just the angle I'm sitting) and I can't scroll through a post when I'm viewing it in the Editor. I have to use the cursor and arrow keys. But the home page is LOADING SO MUCH FASTER. Really, it's great. See (and/or use) the interface HERE.

2. Dance competition was awesome. Sure, I had to hang around for about eight hours, and yes I had only one dance, and there were over 400 numbers there, but it was still a lot of fun. And our studio took home awards!

3. I have decided what I'm going to do my website on. I mentioned before I was learning HTML in another awards post, and I want to experiment with it a little--so I'm planning to set up a website. I'm not telling you what it's about right now, though. You'll just have to see. ;)

4. I am currently listening to Maurice Andre, Trumpet Masterpieces. I love it. And he can certainly nail those trills.

5. Writing is slowing down. I did manage to write 30,000 words in June, which was my goal, but I've written little in July and it's already the 9th. I know what's supposed to happen . . . the inspiration just hasn't arrived. But I'm still optimistic about the novel right now.

6. I have an absurd number of books out on my card right now. It's over 50, I can tell you that.

7. I know I haven't been doing as much blogging lately. And I've said that before. And I know, it's about time I got back into the blogging swing--I had been following a schedule for a while there.

I've been awarded as a Versatile Blogger many times, so I'm not going to pass it on this time. (If you want to take it, though, feel free to do so!)


-----The Golden Eagle

40 comments:

Peaceful Reader said...

Congratulations on your awards. They are certainly well-deserved as you constantly expand your wings!

Can't wait to hear more about the website.

Sarah Pearson said...

Looking forward to seeing the website changes :)

Old Kitty said...

Did you mean you've got 50 books out on your library card?!?!!? Wow!!!

Yay for your dance competition, your current wip word count, your fabulous awards and these amazing facts about you!!

Good luck with your website - can't wait to see what it'll be about! Yay!!

Take care
x

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations! You are one deep girl as well. Haven't tried the new interface - will check it out.

Bryce Daniels said...

Congrats on the awards! Well-deserved. Loved reading your answers and learning more about your very wide taste spectrum!

Best-

li said...

I'm wary of anything new, so I'll hold off on the new interface for now. The new website will be exciting, I'm sure! I feel like a lazy bum, I've done very little lately - but you HAVE reminded me to go round up my library books and sort out the due dates :)

Tere Kirkland said...

Wow, the web interface sounds so ambitious! Thanks so much for the award. I'll have to check out the other links, too.

Hope you're having a great weekend! I've been trying to get some serious writing done, but my wordcount for the day is only 1500 so far. :( But it's not over yet!

Madeline Bartos said...

Huzzah for blog awards! Can't wait to see what the website is about. How do you keep track of 50 books? Holy crud. ;)

cherie said...

Congrats on your awards!

I didn't know there was a new interface. Will have to check it out. Btw, I love all of Rick Yancey's books. I've read the Alfred Kropp series, and also Yancey's horror Monstrumologist series. ;)

Medeia Sharif said...

Congrats on the awards.

I saw a video of the upcoming Blogger interface. It looks interesting.

Have a great weekend.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Congrats on your awards Golden and have fun with your new website.... we will be waiting.

LynNerd said...

Congrats on winning the awards. I hear HTML is difficult, so I'm looking forward to seeing your new website. Thanks for the heads up about the Blogger Draft. It looks good. Now I have to figure out how to get to it on my dashboard. I'm still getting familiar with everything on it! Sigh.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Congratulations!! you deserve it!! The seriously cute award is SERIOUSLY CUTE!!

Rogue Mutt said...

I got one of those too and said whoever felt like being tagged could consider themselves tagged, so maybe that would include you too.

Misha said...

Congrats on the awards!
It's interesting to read those facts about you :)

Charles Gramlich said...

That's cool. Congrats.

Jules said...

Congrats on the awards. Sorry I've been so MIA but my day temp. day job is killing my eyes. Glad to see someone else who loves PBS. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Gail said...

Congratulations! You are very deserving of both awards.

Stephen Tremp said...

Congrats! on the Seriously Cute Blogger. That's great. I need to give out a batch of Awesomous Maximus awards soon and will add you to the list.

Samantha Sotto-Yambao said...

Congrats!!!! (And thanks for sharing the award with me! :D)

Nas Dean said...

Congratulations on your award!

Will have to check out the new interface, thanks for sharing about it!

The Golden Eagle said...

Peaceful Reader: Thank you! :)

I'm working on it--I'm not sure exactly when it'll be up, but I'll post as soon as it's done!

Sarah: It's a new website, actually; the blog will probably stay the same, unless I decide the Cliffs of Moher are no longer to my liking. (Which has happened in the past. :P)

Old Kitty: LOL. And I probably won't finish them all . . .

Thank you! :D

Alex: Thank you!

I like it--it takes a little getting used to, but it is faster and anything that speeds up Blogger is helpful, if you ask me. :P

Bryce: Thanks! :)

I'm glad you enjoyed reading my answers!

Li: Does your library have online service? The ones around here do--and they list all the due dates right next to the books. It's very handy.

Tere: You're very welcome! :)

Thanks! You too.

Ack, I'd consider it a great day if I managed 1500; I've written little this month. :P

Madeline: Thanks!

I have stacks . . . next to my bed. :P

Cherie: Thank you!

There are more books in the Alfred Kropp series? YES. I had been hoping there would be. :)

Medeia: Thanks!

It's already released for Blogger-in-Draft users; I believe they're planning to make it the norm sometime later this year/early next.

Thank you! :) I hope you enjoyed yours.

Michael: Thank you!

I'm going, I'm going! I'll be sure to announce the finished website here on my blog. :D

The Golden Eagle said...

LynNerd: Thank you! :)

HTML isn't that difficult; once you get a handle on the system of tags and attributes, it makes a lot of sense.

You're welcome! Just click the "Make this my default Dashboard" at the top of the page, and it'll always be there when you log in to Blogger.

Carrie: Thank you! :)

I really like it--it's one of the cutest I've seen.

Rogue Mutt: Thanks!

Congrats on receiving the award!

Misha: Thank you!

I didn't think I'd be able to list seven very easily; I usually run out of steam around the 4th one. :P

Charles: Thanks! :)

Jules: Thank you!

Don't worry about it. Life outside of blogger sometimes takes over--it's perfectly understandable! And it's always good to be easy on the eyes. :)

Hooray for PBS!

Gail: Thank you! :)

Stephen: Thank you so much! :D I'm honored.

Samantha: Thanks!

You're welcome--hope you enjoy it! :)

Nas: Thank you!

I hope it comes in handy. :)

Julie Musil said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved awards, and yay for your dance studio!

I hadn't even heard of the interface. Thanks for passing that info along.

Beth said...

Thanks for the heads-up on blogger's new interface! And congratulations on your awards.

beth said...

Congrats.

Madeleine said...

Oh wow thanks soooo much for this seriously cute award and congrats on getting such well deserved awards yourself. I enjpyed your list 1-5 I've only seen A Midsummer's Night's Dream out of the list.Intrigued by the website. Would love to see a pic of you dancing. Not heard the trumpet masterpieces. It's something I'd probably love. Good luck with the word count :O)

The Golden Eagle said...

Julie: Thank you! :)

You're welcome--I hope you find it useful!

Beth: You're welcome. :)

Thanks!

Beth: Thank you!

Madeleine: You're very welcome. :D

Thanks!

Puck was sinister in that version of the play, wasn't he?

I'll announce the website here on my blog the second it's done. :)

I listen to the CDs often; it's wonderful music.

Thank you!

Simon Kewin said...

Yes, many congrats on those!

Shelley said...

Congrats on getting the two awards Golden Eagle! :)

Emily Rose said...

Congrats on your awards!

nutschell said...

Congratulations! You really deserve all these awards. Don't you just love that cute doggy? I thought it might make you smile. :P
nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Michael Offutt said...

Congratulations on your award.

Bethany Elizabeth said...

Oh, thanks!!! :) I already posted today, but I'll definitely have to do this soon. :) I love the image!

Karen Cioffi said...

Congratulations! New here - I like your site. Came over from Stephen's site.

Lydia K said...

Congrats on all your awards! I hear you about the recent blogging slow down. After a year of nonstop blogging, one needs a few breaks. :)

Anita said...

This is fun! You've about got me beat on the movie thing. I should get out more...I do love BBC.

....Petty Witter said...

Well done on those awards, much deserved if I may say so. You are right that the Seriously Cute award is, well, seriously cute.

Krispy said...

Aww, thanks for the award! It's cute, AND I've never done that meme before. Something to blog about next Friday. Yay!

You watch educational TV, which is more than I can say for my own TV watching. :)

The Golden Eagle said...

Simon: Thank you! :)

Shelley: Thanks!

Emily: Thank you.

Nutschell: Again, thank you so much for awarding me!

I love it. :)

Michael: Thanks! :)

Bethany: You're very welcome!

Karen: Thank you!

Welcome to The Eagle's Aerial Perspective, Karen. :) I'm glad you like my site!

Lydia: Thanks!

You've been blogging nonstop for a year? That's a long time!

Anita: LOL. I had trouble with that one!

I don't watch it much, relatively; although there are some very interesting BBC productions they show here in on PBS.

Tracy: Thank you so much! :)

Isn't it?!

Krispy: You're welcome! :) Enjoy!

I think I do so much non-educational reading and blogging and other stuff to make up for that. :P