19 May, 2011

I've Been Tagged No Less Than Twice

Tags seem to be making the rounds these days. I've been tagged by Misha at My First Book and RaShelle at A No. 2 Pencil, Stat!

I just love filling these out. :)

This tag comes from Misha:


If you could go back in time and relive a moment, what would it be?


I have no idea.


If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?


See above. Oh, wait--there is that one time . . .


What Movie/TV character do you most resemble in personality?


I can give you literary examples, but I don't watch enough TV/movies to have found someone a lot like me in personality. (Got any suggestions, readers?)


If you could push one person off a cliff and get away with it, who would it be?


Donald Trump.

Well, okay, he's not the worst person in the world. He's just obnoxious. So if not him, then someone guilty of crimes against humanity.


Name one habit that you want to change in yourself.


I'll often sit in positions that make my legs fall asleep, which consequently makes them ache and scream at me when I move. Got to stop doing that.


Describe yourself in one word.


Asian.


Describe the person who named you in this meme in one word.


Writerly.

(In the best sense, of course.)


Why do you blog? Answer in one sentence.


Because I like posting about stuff and reading what other people have to say.


Name at least three people to send this meme to. And inform them.


Ack, I'm horrible at this sort of thing, but okay . . .

Emily Rose
Hannah Kincade
The Words Crafter




This tag comes from RaShelle:


Do you think you're hot?

Not especially.


Upload a picture or wallpaper that you're using at the moment.






This is my desktop background--which I change often because I get bored with having one image there for too long.


When was the last time you ate chicken meat?


The day before yesterday. I can see the positive side to vegetarianism, but seeing as I'm allergic to milk (I can still eat dairy products like cheese and yogurt) I have to get my protein from somewhere . . . and I like meat. To an extent. Slimy, germy, raw meat is disgusting any way you look at it. (Can you believe my browser is telling me "germy" isn't a word?)


The song(s) you listened to recently.


I don't listen to songs. Well, not often, anyway.


What were you thinking as you were doing this?


That it's very dark and gloomy outside. It's raining--again. There hasn't been a full day of sun in a while--again. But while the river's high, it's nothing like what's happening in the South/Midwest.


Do you have nicknames? What are they?


With regards to my real name, no, not really. People don't call me anything except my full name. But Blogger is a different story--I get called by all sorts of variations on The Golden Eagle. Golden. Eagle. TGE. GE. G'Eagle. Eags.

I rather like it.


Tag 8 blogger friends . . .


I guess I really have to put together a list this time, don't I? Since the questions relate to them . . .

Alleged Author
Clarissa Draper
Simon Kewin
Trisha
Talei
Ali Cross
Michael Di Gesu
Madeleine


Who's listed as No. 1?


Alleged Author. Because of the cool posts, wonderful comments, and I just love her profile picture.


Say something about No. 5


I really enjoy reading Talei's posts!


How did you get to know No. 3?


I believe I found him through some sort of blogfest--I've forgotten by now. Anyway, Simon has a great SF/F blog, and he just keeps getting published! :)


How about No. 4.


I found her before the Crusades, and I love her blog, which also has a great title: WORD + STUFF.


Leave a message for No. 6.

Ninjas rock. Therefore, Ali's ninja-themed writing challenges are awesome.


Leave a lovey dovey message for No. 2.


Please tell me why writing a lovey dovey message will help anything. Because Clarissa's just a great blogger!


Do No.7 and No. 8 have any similarities?


They both write excellent flash fiction stories. Also, their names start with "M".

Not that that fact is particularly important.

*********

If you want to do either or both of these tags, and I didn't mention you, feel free to snag them! I won't mind. Just be sure to tell me so I know to swing by and read your answers!


-----The Golden Eagle

37 comments:

ali said...

Fun! I haven't been tagged in a long while, so thanks for including me! I kind of liked the nickname, Eags. :) Might have to use that one!

I think you kind of remind me of Hermoine. Oh yeah, we're supposed to be thinking of TV show/movie people? Maybe Willow? Before she went all wicked witch of Sunnydale.

L. said...

(steals wallpaper :D)

erica and christy said...

fun! i haven't seen this yet. LOVE your wallpaper. christy

Summer Ross said...

Love the wallpaper- fun answers.

Rogue Mutt said...

So the one word you use to describe yourself is "Asian"? Hurm...

Michael Di Gesu said...

I just love all you nicknames, Golden.

It was fun leaning a bit more about you. How funny that I should get tagged by the SAME tag in one day. Thanks.... You and Summer Ross must be on the same wavelength. LOL...

I hope you have sunny skies soon. Were are overcast with sun and lots of that icy Chicago wind off the lake. It chills to the bone.

Michael

Old Kitty said...

Oooh what great tags!!! And what fun Q&A!!!

Daria! She was this animated character - dressed in black, was so worldly wise, very intelligent, razor-sharp wit - very funny!! She didn't follow the crowd! I thought she was just a fabulous character! I see you as Daria!! :-)

Take care
x

Elliot Grace said...

...I've been seeing this list of questions all over Blogland, and yours is the first with an actual answer to whom you'd push off a cliff.

The Donald...Haa! Great choice;)

EL

Belle said...

Fun and interesting post!

Talei said...

Aw, thank you! What an honour. I hope you're having a lovely week, Eagle! ;-)

Tanya Reimer said...

I've never seen this version of tag before!

Tanya Reimer said...

I've never seen this version of tag before!

Trisha said...

O dude, I THINK this is the first time I got tagged...I think. lol

Thanks for the tag :)

Trisha said...

Forgot to mention:
Award time!
http://thefarseas.blogspot.com/2011/05/some-awards.html

Margo Benson said...

Some great and interesting answers there. Love the wallpaper. We could also do with some warm sunshine!

Madeleine said...

Tagged twice. Wow! I like the alternative questions. So tell us which literary characters you are like then? Thanks for the insights into you. :O)

Charles Gramlich said...

Lol. good stuff. I eat chicken pretty much every day.

Heather said...

This was fun! We need to expand your music exposure though my friend!

Susan Kane said...

I love the wallpaper you have chosen. Currently I am using a hobbit-looking treehouse, but it is time for change. Love reading your blogs.

Holly Ruggiero said...

Boy, they made you work with those! LOL
Beautiful wallpaper.

The Golden Eagle said...

ali: Enjoy! :)

LOL. Well, I don't mind!

I don't know Willow--except for the fact she's from Buffy the Vampire Slayer . . . right?

L.: Feel free! :)

(That's for everyone, too.)

Christy: I think it's new; either that, or it's an older one making the rounds again!

Thanks!

Summer: Thank you! :) I loved reading your answers to the tag as well.

Rogue Mutt: Yup . . . I probably could have come up with something more imaginative, with more time. :P

Michael: LOL. Thanks! It's a change from just having one real name. :D

Glad you enjoyed it!

Thank you--the sun's actually been out for a few hours now, although it's predicted to be rainy again later.

Old Kitty: These are some of the more interesting tags I've done!

From your description, I'm not sure I really fit the bill for Daria--though I do often wear black pants. :P

Elliot: I really don't like Donald Trump . . . especially now that he acted like he was actually going to run for president. Donald Trump as the leader of the USA? *shudder*

Thanks!

Belle: Thank you! :)

Talei: I hope you enjoy the tag!

Thank you!

Tanya: I hadn't either, until I saw them on Misha and RaShelle's blogs . . .

The Golden Eagle said...

Trisha: Well then, I'm honored to be the first person to tag you! Have fun with it! :)

I was awarded?! Awesome!

Margo: Thank you!

Feel free to take it if you want to!

It's been rainy, rainy, rainy here for the past month--and the last time that happened, there were record floods. Hoping it doesn't happen again!

Madeleine: People want to know what you think! :)

Well, okay: Beka from Terrier by Tamora Pierce because she's shy around strangers, and, um . . . I'll have to think about this. :P

Charles: It's tasty!

Heather: It's not like I'm totally song-deprived; I do have some favorites. :D

Susan: Thanks! :)

It sounds like a great wallpaper. I love treehouses!

I'm so glad you enjoy The Eagle's Aerial Perspective!

Holly: They do! :P

Thanks!

Clarissa Draper said...

You don't listen to much music and you don't watch much television, you must read a lot! Thank you for tagging me, I'll prepare a post for next week.

Shelley said...

Great answers! Love your desktop picture! It's been pretty rainy here too, but yesterday the sun came out and it was so nice! :)

....Petty Witter said...

Some great questions and answers. I'm glad to see people tagging again, its been a while.

laughingwolf said...

mmmmmmmmebe... if i have time :P lol

Carol Kilgore said...

Great answers!

The Golden Eagle said...

Clarissa: I do read a lot. :P

Hope you have fun with it!

Shelley: Thanks! :)

The sun came out here, too. But now it looks like it's going to rain again . . .

Tracy: These were harder questions than usual--and a lot more interesting to answer them!

It is. :)

Laughingwolf: They do take time to fill out; I hope you get the chance to, though!

Carol: Thank you!

Kittie Howard said...

Really enjoyed your answers...I prop my left leg up on the chair, like now, when I'm at the computer...it has a habit of falling asleep...can't break the habit either...happy to follow you back. BTW, you have an awesome resume.

Brian said...

Those were interesting questions and your wallpaper rocks!

Josh Hoyt said...

That is an amazing picture. Great stuff to read about you as well:)

Jackee said...

It's great to get to know you more through those memes, Eags. (BTW, I totally might start using that one now. lol)

Have a wonderful night!

RaShelle said...

These are great answers! Thanks for playing. =D

Ellie said...

OMG. You have been tagged a lot! It was great fun reading your answers.

Ellie Garratt

Wanton Redhead Writing said...

That is one massive post, whew!

I also adore Aleged Author and am happy that you found me.

The Golden Eagle said...

Kittie: Glad you did! :)

I get caught up in what I'm doing and don't bother moving enough. Although, sometimes I can't keep from jiggling my leg or something.

LOL. Thanks!

Brian: Thank you!

I love the hat in your profile pic, by the way--I hadn't seen it before. :)

Josh: Feel free to snag it if you want it!

I'm glad you enjoyed the post.

Jackee: Well, I'm good with "Eags". :)

Thank you! I hope you're having a great Sunday.

RaShelle: Thanks! :)

It was fun.

Ellie: LOL. Yeah, I have . . . and I've taken a few off of sites. :P

Wanton Redhead Writing: It is a bit long--I hope I didn't overwhelm anyone.

Alleged Author is a cool blogger. :)

I'm glad I found you, too!

Stratoz said...

enjoyed getting to know you better. Have a great week