05 May, 2011

Award Time!

During the A-Z Challenge I was awarded a grand total of seven times! So, obviously, I had to get around to writing an award post.

First:

Jenny Pearson at Pearson Report (a cool blog on all different subjects, and who I met through the A-Z Challenge) awarded me the Classy Blogger Award, which was made by her:


Thank you so much, Jenny!

The Stylish Blogger Award was awarded to me by Josh Hoyt at The Blog That Helps You Diagnose Your Characters (a fascinating blog all about the things that make people tick--and has some great information on making character realistic) and by Ladydragonfly at The World of Julie B. (a fellow A-Z Challenger who has a blog on crafts, writing, and other subjects, and who posts great pictures along with them):


. . . and this one comes with rules:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 10-15 blogs who you think deserve this award.
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award.

I'll get to those in a moment. A big thank you to Josh and Julie!

I was also awarded the Versatile Blogger Award by Reece Hanzon at the blog of the same name (an awesome SF/writing blog) and Melody Jackson at The Tales of Sirius the Dragon (another great blog):


. . . which comes with yet more rules! (Not that I'm complaining, of course.)

1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 new-found blogging buddies.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.


Many thanks for the award, Reece and Melody!

And then there's the I Survived the A-Z Blogging Challenge Award from Elizabeth Mueller, which I just have to smile at every time I see (I mean, c'mon. A zebra! That looks like it's cracking up! It's inevitable):


(This one is free to take for all Challenge participants.)

Thank you, Elizabeth!

And finally, Tiger's Delightful Blogger Award from Tiger85 at Tiger on My Bookshelf:



It's such a beautiful picture. Thank you, Tiger85!

And, of course, there is an addenda:

1. Link back to Tiger85
2. Share your favorite thing about blogging
3. Choose at least 3 friends to give this award to

**********

Now, I suppose I owe you all some facts, don't I? Because I got the Stylish and Versatile Blogger Award four times, and 4x7=28.

Um, let's just stick with 7, okay?

1. I love the fact the sun is shining right now (because there was flash flooding and weeks of rain before now).
2. I wish I wasn't having eye problems (last evening, it was watering like crazy and for the most of the night and morning it hurt. I think it's allergies, although I've never had an allergy reaction like this before).
3. I need to figure out who the heck my characters are supposed to be (as I said to my mom: they're having an identity crisis right now.).
4. I feel weird starting all these sentences with the word "I" (I don't--there I go again--often talk about myself).
5. I hope the royal wedding works out (after all, some of the other marriages ended rather tragically; I also hope I don't hear about them ever again because that will mean they're not involved in some public drama).
6. I love the Vivaldi bassoon concertos playing in the living room right now (they fit my mood perfectly--mostly cheerful, brisk tempo).
7. I am trying to come up with interesting posts now that the A-Z Challenge is over, but the regular schedule now feels strange (I mean, not having to get up every morning and work on a post for hours? Shocker).


To follow the rules of the Delightful Blogger Award:

I already linked to Tiger85, so my favorite thing about blogging? Hmmm . . . for me, that would be the posts.

You're probably thinking "It's not the people?!" but it's through the posts that we get to know people. And I blog not just to get connected (although that's a huge factor). Posts are one of my main sources of information, on various sorts of subjects from people's lives (writing or otherwise--most of you run personal blogs) to the news to other random-ish topics. I also love writing posts and putting my own word in to a discussion on something.

So yeah. The posts are my favorite part of blogging. :)

Now, I guess I'm supposed to pass these awards on now, aren't I? I hope you won't mind it if I postpone awarding others and do it some other day in a second post. Perhaps I'll do it on a rainy day when I don't have any inspiration; at the moment, I've got to finish catching up on Reflections posts, and regular posts on blogs I've sorely neglected throughout April.

**********

So, how's life at your end? Anything happen lately, writing-wise, life-wise, other-wise?

-----The Golden Eagle

26 comments:

Rogue Mutt said...

Congratulations on your "awards."

Crystal Collier said...

Goodness. That's a list! Good luck with the allergies. We deal with them 24/7 in Florida.

Emily Rose said...

Congratulations on the awards! Allergies were hitting me hard, they're the worst...

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations! I have to catch up on awards as well, if I can remember where they all originated...

Margo Benson said...

Many congratulations on the awards! Wishing you better re the allergies.

Michael Offutt said...

Congratulations on all those neat awards. YOu definitely earn them. Your blog is one of the best sci-fi themed ones out there.

Angela Felsted said...

LOVE the shoe!

J.L. Campbell said...

Congrats on your awards! Not sure I made it to you during the Challenge, but hey, better late than never.

Tiger85 said...

Congratulations on your awards and your welcome, you deserve it. The weather is finally nice enough to go walk around the lake. Happy Thursday!
=)

Poetry, Quotes and Book Reviews.

David Powers King said...

now that's A LOT of awards! Congratulations on them all.

Old Kitty said...

Wow!! Yay for your fabulous awards!!! I love the stilleto pic - very classy indeed!!!

Take care
x

Lynda R Young said...

congrats on your many awards. Much deserved! There's some there I've not seen before.

li said...

Glad to have "met" you! You had some really super, unique, interesting posts during the challenge, and I learned a lot! So the awards are indeed well-deserved. As for me, I had some crappy news the other day, and a really nice piece of news today. So it goes.
And one can never have too many shoes!

Josh Hoyt said...

You so deserve the awards. Your blog was fun to read during the A-Z challenge(and now as well:) But I do miss all the fun pictures and facts. I hope your eye gets better and definitely when inspired WRITE!!!

Liz P said...

Congrats on all the awards! :)

Summer Ross said...

Congratulations! You deserve the awards! have a great day!

Jo Schaffer said...

Congrats on the awards!

Vivaldi is like honey butter for the brain. Mmmm.

Susan Fields said...

Congrats on your awards - all well deserved!

Trisha said...

So many awards!! Well done you! :D

How am I? I'm not bad...even if I am at work right now :P Looking forward to getting home & back to my revisions!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Congrats on your awards, Golden...

I received the tiger award as well this week. You are quite the popular girl.... Well deserving of course...

Jules said...

Congratulations on the awards, most deserved. AND, I absolutely love your reasoning for blogging, I feel the same.
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Charles Gramlich said...

I agree, I really enjoyed your posts. great images. I like the science side of things.

The Golden Eagle said...

Rogue Mutt: Thanks!

Crystal: Thank you--my eye is much better now, and doesn't hurt anymore.

Emily: Thank you!

Aren't they? :P

Alex: Thanks!

LOL. I was afraid that would happen during April, so I kept a list of the blogs and the kind of award in a OneNote file.

Margo: Thank you!

They're much better now. :)

Michael: Thank you!

I'm honored you think so. I didn't start out that way, actually; at first The Eagle's Aerial Perspective was mostly a personal blog, but I guess I found my niche.

Angela: Isn't it awesome? :D

J.L.: Thank you!

I don't believe I made it over to you, either. :( But I'll be sure to hop on over to your blog!

Tiger85: Thank you so much for awarding me. :)

There's a lake here, too; I haven't gone walking there, though.

David: Thank you!

Old Kitty: I love it. :D

The Golden Eagle said...

Lynda: Thank you!

Two were made personally by the bloggers; isn't that cool?

Li: I'm glad to have met you, too! :)

Thank you!

I hope the crappy news works somehow works itself out for you . . .

LOL.

Josh: Thank you! :)

Well, I have to say I miss the science posts, too. The research and learning new stuff in the process of writing the post was a lot of fun . . . maybe I'll come up with some weekly feature.

Thanks! Eye's much better now; I'm not going to be wearing contacts within the next day or so, though. Just so I don't irritate it. :P

Liz: Thank you!

Summer: Thanks! :)

Jo: Thank you.

LOL. My sentiments exactly. ;)

Susan: Thank you!

Trisha: Thanks!

I hope you have fun with revisions! (Although, I suppose they're not as fun as writing a first draft, are they?)

Michael: Thank you!

Congrats on receiving Tiger's award. :)

Thanks!

Jules: Thank you!

I suppose it's what comes of just loving to read. :D

Charles: I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Hmmm. I hadn't planned on it, but as I mentioned to Josh I could start a feature or something with scientific information . . .

Jack Edwards Poetry said...

Congratulations.

The Golden Eagle said...

Thanks, Jack! :)