28 May, 2011

I Caught A Toad (+ 2 Awards)

I did. With my bare hands and all that jazz.

Okay, first I put a flower pot over it, got my mom to show her, and then I picked it up and put it in the impromptu pond that formed in the neighbor's backyard because of all the pouring, drenching, incessant rain we've been having.

No, I don't have pics to prove it.

But I can show you want kind of toad it was:


Very toad-like, no? Warts and all.

*********

Anyway. Just a bit of odd stuff I wanted to post.

Now for the stuff you really want to know.

I was awarded by Canyon Girl at Desert Canyon Living:


Thank you so much, Canyon Girl!

. . . and I was also awarded either the Versatile Blogger Award or the Blog On Fire Award by Trisha at W O R D + S T U F F, and since I've never seen the latter before, I chose that one:


Thanks, Trisha! :)

And I award this one to:

Sarah at Glissades and Gabble (for cool posts--and an awesome title. I love dancing!)
Amanda the Aspiring at Truth, Justice, And Other Stuff (for excellent writing posts)
L. G. Smith at Bards and Prophets (for posts on everything including faint-worthy bookstores. I want to go to Buenos Aires. Like, immediately)
M Pax at Wistful Nebulae (for fascinating science information)
Karla at The Writing Pad (for great writing/life posts. And I adore the title of her blog, for some reason. Don't know exactly why.)
Jai Joshi at Jai Joshi's Tulsi Tree (for awesome vlog posts on the Mahabharat--I can say it right! I think--and her book)

I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to award 15 or something like that (isn't that usually the case?) but I'm just going to leave it here, okay? Good.

*********

Also, I wanted to thank all of those who did for commenting on my last post! I didn't expect to get 41 people to come by and respond--with pretty long responses, too! Awesome. I guess liking/not liking main characters in the books people read is more important than I had assumed.

*********

Hope you're all have a great Memorial Day Weekend! If you live in the USA. If you don't, I hope you're having a great non-holiday weekend!


-----The Golden Eagle

26 comments:

li said...

Great awards! Congrats. I caught a toad once; he peed all over me, poor little guy. (Poor me, too!) I saved him from the lawn mower and put him in the field across the street. I don't have a badge, but I hand you the "Reptile's Friend" award. :)

fishducky said...

Congratulations on your awards--they are well deserved! And a big hug, too--no particular reason--I just like hugs.

Angela Ackerman said...

I've always had a soft spot for frogs and toads. Well done!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

L.G.Smith said...

Oh, wow, I was just checking in to see what you picked up with your bare hands and I find out I've been given a very cool award. Thanks so much!

BTW. I used to work in a nature center and had to take care of turtles, snakes, and toads everyday. They're not so bad once you get used to them. I'd rather deal with the reptiles and amphibians than the live food they prefer to eat. :)

Emily Rose said...

That is very toad-y! Congrats on the awards!

Simon Kewin said...

Congrats on the awards - richly deserved. That's a fine looking toad, too.

Jai Joshi said...

Golden Eagle congrats on your award and thanks so much for passing one on to me! On fire... I like the sound of that!

Jai

Old Kitty said...

Yay for saving the toad!! I think they're lovely and need all the saving they can get! Yay!!

:-)

Congratulations with your award!!! Double yay!! take care
x

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on the awards and glad you got so many responses about liking the main character.

KLo said...

Toads are lovely! I used to "catch" them (and of course release them) when I was a kid. Same with tadpoles, salamanders, beetles, anything but snakes. Snakes make me cry :(

anthony stemke said...

A tip of the hat and glad you got a lot of positive feedback.

Rogue Mutt said...

I've run over a bunch of toads and frogs with lawnmowers in my time. Usually they aren't very bright in getting out of the way. They either don't jump or jump right back in the way.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Congrats on the awards AND catching a toad...

Now that's something different to do for the weekend...

Julie Musil said...

Funny you mention toads. Last night I opened the door to let my dogs out to do their thing, and there was a toad at our doorway. Even though they're so sweet and harmless, I freaked out a little. And my sons laughed.

Congratulations on your awards!

Theres just life said...

Congrats on the awards. The blog on fire award is just too cool.
Hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend as well.

Pamela Jo

Pearson Report said...

Congratulations on your two Awards.

Your blog is both Versatile and On Fire!

Since having found my way to your blog, through the A-Z Challenge, I have been fascinated in how you see things and then post about them.

I have been away for the last few weeks and have just had a chance to do a little catch-up reading and yours is always a favourite starting point.

As to the toad - yup, definitely very 'toad-like'!

Cheers, Jenny

Lori Skoog said...

Congrats on your awards.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi - congratulations on the two awards - always lovely to get them .. and I'm glad the toad was repatriated! He looks in pretty good order .. We have a road where we have to drive carefully down it .. as the toads cross the road to the flood plain and river .. "Toads on the Road - Beware" signs up ..

Cheers - love the picture and the awards .. Hilary

Len L said...

Hello Golden Eagle! I'm back! Thank you for being patient with me. Congrats on the awards!

I've read your last post, too. Now have to read the others :)

Have a great weekend!

Jordan said...

Congrats, congrats, and I love toads! ;D

xoxo
Jordan

Regina said...

Great awards and well deserved. I like your little toad, we had a few not too long ago. All the rain chased them from my flower beds up onto my porch. We also have a ton of little frogs down at the creek that sing at dusk. So cute.

The Golden Eagle said...

Li: Thanks!

LOL. The toad I caught didn't pee . . . luckily.

Aw, thank you! :D

Fishducky: Thank you!

I do, too. :)

Angela: LOL. Thanks!

L.G.: You're welcome!

Definitely. Insects, bugs, buzzy, squirmy stuff . . . ew. :P

Emily: Thank you!

Simon: Thanks! :)

Isn't it?

Jai: Thanks!

You're welcome--enjoy the award! :)

Old Kitty: I agree. Amphibians aren't doing so well these days . . .

Thank you!

Alex: Thanks!

I hadn't expected it; I was counting on something like 20 comments. :P

KLo: I would imagine they'd be hard to catch, too! I've never held a snake; just seen them around.

Anthony: Thank you! :)

Rogue Mutt: I was actually mowing the lawn when I found this one--I almost ran over another one I saw, though. Sometimes they just don't get out of the way fast enough.

Michael: LOL. Well, I couldn't let it fly by without doing something interesting, right? ;D

The Golden Eagle said...

Julie: Well, they can be surprising; the warty looks don't help. :P

Thank you!

Pamela: Thanks! :)

I hope you are, too.

Jenny: Thank you!

I'm glad you find my blog interesting enough to read--I'm still surprised that people keep reading my posts! Surprised, and thrilled, of course. :)

Lori: Thank you!

Hilary: Thanks! :)

Sounds like a good sign to have--the frogs sing at night around here occasionally, but I've never seen them.

Len: YOU'RE BACK! Hooray! :D

Thanks!

Hope you like them. :)

Jordan: Thank you!

They're cool, aren't they? :)

Regina: Thanks!

They sing around here, too; although I haven't heard them recently. There's a small creek that passes through a nearby lawn, and I think they live there.

the writing pad said...

Love the toady pic (but not the notion of picking him up!) Braver than me Gungadin :-)
Congrats on your awards and many thanks for mine - much appreciated!
I just hope I can post this comment, now ...
Thanks again and all best
Karla

Stratoz said...

congrats on experiencing a toad. You deserve those awards

The Golden Eagle said...

Karla: LOL. It was fun, too.

You're welcome! :)

Stratoz: Thank you!