20 September, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (54)

Time for another Teaser Tuesday, everyone! Now that you've all decided to hate me for my movie choices from yesterday, let's get back to the usual.

This weekly meme is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.

Rules for participating:


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week, my teaser is from The Best of the Best: Volume 2: 20 Years of the Best Short Science Fiction Novels, edited by Gardner Dozois--again. Because it's taking me extremely long to get through this anthology. (I don't know why, but I tend to struggle with SF collections, despite the fact I often like the stories and writers.)


Fidel announced he was going to school tomorrow, and Mrs. Joplin told him no, he could link to E-class as usual, and Fidel claimed he could not concentrate at home, and Mrs. Joplin said he was trying to get out of his chores. While they were arguing, Tree nudged my leg and shot me a let's leave look.
-p. 187, "Mr. Boy" by James Patrick Kelly

**********

Have a teaser, or thoughts on the book you're reading? Feel free to leave them in the comments!


-----The Golden Eagle

7 comments:

Jason said...

Love it! Great blog - awesome design! Followed! Great game! Good update!

Old Kitty said...

I love (and of course highly disapprove! LOL!) the thought of E-classes!! Yay!!

Take care
x

Christine Rains said...

Great teaser! I sometimes feel that way about it too.

Sonia Lal said...

I like the idea of eclasses!

mine: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2011/09/19/teaser-tuesday-afterlife/

Laila Knight said...

I wouldn't be able to concentrate at home either,not when I can do tons of other fun stuff. :)

The Golden Eagle said...

Jason: Hi there!

Old Kitty: I'm not sure what I think of e-classes; there are benefits, and there are significant drawbacks, too. :P

Christine: Thank you!

Sonia: Hopefully the technology is better in the story than it is today, though.

Laila: LOL. I'm homeschooled, so I'm in that situation all the time.

BornStoryteller said...

"But worst of all, the authorities probably aren't even in the Barrington family's pockets. They're probably too scared to do anything about them, or maybe they just buy in to that old line the Maria dons used to throw around_"We only kill each other."
Hellbent by Cherie Priest (second in her new series; not part of the Clockwork Century steampunk series).