17 September, 2011

Awards! And Tags! Hurray!

In the past couple of weeks, I've been awarded and tagged several times . . . and since today was a day when I didn't (miracle, I'm telling you) have a scheduled post, I figured it was time I posted them. :)

First, the 7x7 Link Award!


This one was awarded to me by Siv Maria at Been there, done that. and M Pax at Wistful Nebulae. Many thanks to both of them!

For this one, I have to list the Most Beautiful, Most Helpful, Most Popular, Most Controversial, Most Surprisingly Successful, Most Underrated, and the Most Pride worthy of my posts. Oh, this is going to be difficult . . .

Most Beautiful: A-Z Blogging Challenge: N Stands For: Nebulae
For the pictures. (None of them are mine, of course.)

Most Helpful: How To: Beaming Someone Up Into A Spaceship
All right, all right. So that wasn't what was meant. Maybe this one, then:
How To: Writing
What, you say? That's not really helpful either? Well fine. Here's a serious one:
Do You Have To Like The Setting To Enjoy A Book?

Most Popular: A-Z Blogging Challenge: W Stands For: Water
814 pageviews. The one with the most comments, though, was this one:
First Campaigner Challenge: 200 Word Flash Fiction
. . . with 87 Things People Wanted to Say.

Most Surprisingly Successful: Awards, Deck The Halls, Eclipse, Arctic Dinos, Congress, Christmas
33 comments, but it's my third most-viewed post of all-time. I haven't the slightest idea why.

Most Underrated: It Would Be A Stretch To Call Them Beautiful . . .
5 comments (2 of them mine), on a post about some fascinating birds (I might even go as far to say they're some of my . . . well, if not favorites, then I'm at least quite fond of them).

Most Controversial: In Which We Interrupt The Usual Posting Schedule To Rant About Politics
Just after Gabriel Giffords was shot. I was steamed. So I posted about it.

Most Pride Worthy: The Copenhagen Interpretation vs. The Many Worlds Interpretation
Two words: Quantum Physics.


Emily Rose at mist of the blossom rain awarded me the Lovely Blogger Award. Thank you, Emily!


. . . and technically, I'm supposed to list seven things about myself. But I was also tagged, so I'm going to combine the two into one.

Speaking of which, Susan Kane at thecontemplativecat and WB Terrien tagged me with the meme that's been floating about the blogosphere: listing 10 random things about yourself.

So, here I go:

1. I love fall. The smell in the air, the slight chill, the orange leaves, the start of a new school year. I'm looking forward to September 23. (And Michael Di Gesu's blogfest is another plus, of course.)

2. I have the urge to write a book with the title All the Shades of Gray. With a gray cover, of course.

3. I love cinnamon. Especially the smell, but it's wonderful on things like bread. Cinnamon raisin bagels are lovely.

4. I strongly dislike mint. Strongly. Which makes it difficult when in the dental aisle at the store, because most of the products are Mint. Or Peppermint. Or Cool Mint. Or Fresh Mint. Blech.

5. I'm finding a lot of discrepancies in my writing, for some reason. It's not something I usually do, but I keep coming across sections where I've said one thing at the beginning and wrote the rest like I said something else. For example, this morning, I'd mentioned the character had a breeze on their face as they were moving, but then continued with the character being in an enclosed truck. With all the windows up. (And no sunroof or anything, either . . . :P)

6. I plan to watch The Color of Magic for Terry Pratchett Month tonight and review it tomorrow for the scheduled post. It's rather long (I think it says 197 minutes on the back) but I've been reading some positive reviews of it . . .

7. I have never sent a text message in my life. And I don't intend on changing that anytime soon.

8. My website is coming along nicely. (You probably figured I'd forgotten about that, didn't you? I haven't mentioned it in over a month on my blog, I believe.)

9. I like cold much more than I do heat. For me, crunching through the snow is way more appealing than strolling down a hot, sunny beach.

10. I love my library.

Now, for who I am going to tag and award. I decided to try something a little different this time, just to see. (Don't panic yet.)

Here's the idea: for those commenters who land on a Fibonacci number (1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233) consider yourself awarded. Or tagged. Whichever you please. (Basically, you can take any award, both awards, just the tag, a tag and an award, or all three. And can you tell I love the Fibonacci sequence?)

You can panic now.

Or not.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!


-----The Golden Eagle

24 comments:

Misha said...

Congrats on the award! Reminds me I have one of my own to handle... Have a great weekend! ;-)

RaShelle Workman said...

Award congrats!!! As for your comments, I can't believe you've never texted. That's like the coolest thing ever.

Carrie Butler said...

Congratulations, Eagle! :)

Sananora said...

I agree with you totally on number 1, 3, and 9 :)

cherie said...

I love Fall, cinnamon, and libraries too!

Congrats on your well-deserved awards! ;)

Angelina C. Hansen said...

I'm with you on the text thing AND I'm a Fibonacci freak. Since I've already been awarded and tagged, I'm hoping not to fall into the sequence.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on the awards. I'm betting it's the artic dinos that bring in the views.
Never looked for my highest viewed page...

Michael Di Gesu said...

YAY for awards... Congrats Golden. Your blog definitely is one I am always happy to visit....

I laughed when you had said you never texted or plat too. Good for you. I like a woman of conviction.

Have a great weekend.

It looks like I'm number 8, You know what that means. LOL.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Oh, I forgot... Thanks for the shout out! The blogfest should be really fun. I am so glad and happy you signed up for it!

Old Kitty said...

I want to see the Colour of Magic!!! You lucky thing you!!

Awwww just clicked on your most underrated blog post - awwww these are beautiful wonderful birds!! Absolutely magnificent!!! Yay!

Have a great weekend! Take care x

Clarissa Draper said...

Congrats on the awards and thanks for the links.

MyTricksterGod said...

More an more power is spilling into thy corporeal frame.
Are ye not afraid of exploding from the excess of blog awards Golden Eagle?

I don't think it's abnormal to not have texted. I myself have only recently taken up the cause to defy the phone, but i found out that people our age are more responsive to texting then to talking-- what's up with that?
Strange, but at least it gets them to the meetings...
thx for the share.

Christine Rains said...

Congratulations on the awards! I dislike mint and I've never sent a text message. I don't even own a cell phone. I love the autumn too.

Charles Gramlich said...

Congrats on your award. Lots of cool links as well.

Rob-bear said...

Well, lots of good things coming your way. Well deserved, too.

Deborah Walker said...

Congratulations, Eagle. I love the Fibonacci sequence, too. Didn't I read that it is reflected in nature (with the number of petals on a flower etc). So cool.

Shelly said...

Congrats!

BornStoryteller said...

Major congrats on getting the awards, and well deserved.

I'm also someone who would so much rather have snow falling (not ice; snow) then super hot/muggy summer.

Enjoy the movie!

Stuart
Tale Spinning
Rule Of Three Blogfest

BucksWriter said...

Shades of Grey, I like that!

Just popping by from the campaign to say hello.

The Golden Eagle said...

Misha: Thank you! :)

Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

RaShelle: Thank you!

LOL. Thanks. :P

Carrie: Thank you!

Sananora: Awesome. :)

Cherie: Thank you!

Angelina: You're #6 . . . so nope, you managed to avoid my little ploy. ;)

Alex: Thanks!

LOL. Maybe!

I don't know why it brought in so many views; there's nothing particularly special about that page.

Michael: Thank you so much! :) I'm glad you enjoy my blog.

Teenager, actually. :P

Thanks! You too.

I'm looking forward to the blogfest!

Old Kitty: It's a great movie. Hope you get to see it sometime!

Thanks for reading my post! :)

Clarissa: Thank you!

You're welcome--hope you enjoy them!

MyTricksterGod: I try to keep it in perspective--I really appreciate awards, but they are, in the grander scheme of things, just symbols. I want to keep my blog my own, regardless of how many or how few awards it gathers.

I don't mind phones; it's just the fact you point out, that people are responsive to short, sometimes hard to read messages, and not actual verbal communication. :P

Christine: Thanks! :)

I have a cell phone; not that I use it much . . . LOL.

Charles: Thank you!

Glad you like the links.

Rob-bear: Thanks. :)

Deborah: Thank you!

I heard that; it's fascinating, isn't it?

Shelly: Thanks!

Stuart: Thank you! :)

I don't mind warmth; but compared to heat, I really prefer the cold.

Thanks! I did.

BucksWriter: Maybe you'll see it at your bookstore someday. ;)

Welcome to The Eagle's Aerial Perspective! It's nice to meet you.

Sofia said...

I love my library too! :)

~Sofie

MyTricksterGod said...

I love the tech marvels.
But honestly, when you go outside and poli-organize on campus and streets and look at the peeps our age, one after the other, with their earphones on and texting fingers twitch, it does get kind of scary, it's like robot-zombies walking around, or like some horror movie where everybody is possessed by iPods.
The movie would be called "Children of the iPod,"

The ironic part is... I'm one of them (o*.*o)

And I know you are too, it's a generational thing!

Laila Knight said...

Congrats Eagle! I'm still trying to do the math. You may have incapacitated me for the rest of the day. Wow, I can't believe you've never texted. :)

The Golden Eagle said...

Sofia: Libraries are awesome. :)

MyTricksterGod: Yeah, I do use electronics--like computers. I can (and do) spend hours on those things . . .

Laila: Thank you!

LOL. Nope, never sent a text. :)