03 September, 2011

Write A Post, Help A Dog!


I saw this at Teens Read and Write, and thought: I must post about this!

It's a great cause, everyone. Pedigree, the maker of pet food, will donate 20 pounds of dog food for every blogger who posts before midnight Eastern Time on September 3.

And all you have to do is post and link up. Awesome.



Details:

Pedigree is resurrecting is insanely successful Write a Post, Help a Dog program. In 2010, 391 bloggers wrote about the program and with each post, Pedigree donated 20 pounds of its Healthy Longevity dog food to shelter animals. In all, 7,820 pounds of food was donated to two shelters renowned for their care of senior dogs: Muttville Senior Dog Rescue in San Francisco and Castaway Critters in Harrisburg, Pa.

How you can help in 2011

Simply spread the word about Write a Post, Help a Dog 2011 and once again Pedigree will donate 20 pounds of food for each blogger's post. Here's all you need to include in your post:

  • The Write a Post, Help a Dog program is aimed at raising awareness and food for the more than four million dogs that wind up in shelters and breed rescues each year.
  • For each blog post mentioning the Pedigree Foundation from now until midnight ET on September 3, Pedigree will donate 20 pounds of its new dry Pedigree recipe food for dogs -- its best recipe ever -- to a shelter, because every dog deserves leading nutrition. 
  • The Pedigree Foundation -- a 501 (C)(3) nonprofit organization is committed to helping dogs by providing grants to shelters and rescues and encouraging dog adoption. This year the Foundation has already raised more than $376,570 against its goal of $1.5 million to carry out its work to fund grants that not only help shelters operate, but to further shelter innovations.
The Pedigree Foundation depends on charitable contributions from individuals to carry out its mission to help dogs find loving homes. In addition to writing a blog post, here's how you can help:







-----The Golden Eagle

26 comments:

Jules said...

What great reason for writing a post. Wish I had more time today. I support my local shelter though. :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Hektor Karl said...

Helping dogs is certainly a worthy cause. :)

Anne Gallagher said...

I'll send others to link back here. Great cause, thanks for sharing.

Old Kitty said...

Yay for doing this!!!! Hope lots and lots of doggies in shelters get lots of pedigree food!!! Yay!!!! Take care
x

Charles Gramlich said...

Thanks for the heads up on this. great cause.

Michael Offutt said...

oh my...so many dogs without homes and then you've got the unscrupulous breeder mills churning them out. People have created this problem just like everything else. Bottom line is money.

Marlena Cassidy said...

As a dog lover/owner, I really need to help with this as much as I can. Thanks for the heads up!

The Golden Eagle said...

Jules: Yay. :)

Hektor: Wouldn't have posted about it otherwise!

Anne: You're welcome! Thanks for spreading the word.

Old Kitty: Me, too.

Charles: You're welcome! :)

Michael: Sadly, it often does come down to that. Food, shelter, medical care for the animals.

Marlena: Anytime!

Rachel said...

What a great thing to do.. Heading to post about it right now.

Bish Denham said...

I got the word from Anne and have posted the info on my blog. A lovely way to say Happy Labor Day. Thanks!

Laura said...

Great heads up... I've added a post at mine too
Lx

That 20 Something Virgin. said...

as soon as i hit publish comment i'm going to post this on my own blog! what a great program, i am definitely on board.

Donna Hole said...

This is a great cause. I updated my post today with the link to here (and to Anne Gallagher since that's where I saw this first).

I posted on the linky thing, but I don't see my link there. Could you let me know if it will update later, or if I need to do something else to post my link?

Have a good weekend Eagle.

.......dhole

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

WTG! What a great cause. :)

Pearson Report said...

Golden Eagle - what a brilliant idea. I'm just sorry I got here too late to partake.

I have only recently returned from my rabbit hole exile and squinting in the light has taken up most of my time.

I am slowly making the rounds and catching up on my reading - hence my reappearance - did you even know I was gone...ahhh to be missed!

But...I digress - and will come back to my train of thought, before the train leaves the station with me standing on the platform scratching my head in wonder.

Congratulation to all the participant of the worthy challenge - as a dog owner I applaud all of you!

Cheers, Jenny

Sarah Pearson said...

What a great idea. When we eventually get our dog, he won't be coming from anywhere else but a shelter.

Talli Roland said...

What a great cause. Yay for helping lovely dogs get some good food!

Talli Roland said...

What a great cause. Yay for helping lovely dogs get some good food!

Siv Maria said...

What a great idea! I missed the deadline though :( There is an award for you at my blog. It is the math kind....LOL, you should like it. Have a nice week-end!

Jennifer Groepl said...

Bummed I missed the deadline. :(

Jayne said...

Fantastic! Hope they find each entry to help with their donations!

Elliot Grace said...

...wonderful cause, Eagle! Thanks for spreading the word ;)

EL

RaShelle Workman said...

What a great cause! You are awesome. ;D

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

What a great cause! I wish I'd read about it time to help :(

The Golden Eagle said...

Rachel: Awesome! :)

Bish: You're welcome!

Laura: Thanks. Glad to hear you've posted about it, too!

That 10 Something Virgin: I agree. :)

Donna: Thank you!

I don't know . . . I just snagged the LinkyList code from another blog, so I don't have admin control over it. :(

Sharon: Thanks!

Agreed. :)

Jenny: Welcome back!

Of course you were missed. I always look forward to reading your posts and comments. :)

Sarah: I wish we could get a dog . . . but that's not going to happen soon, unfortunately.

Talli: It is!

Siv: Thank you so much for the award!

I do like math. :D I'll be right on over to check it out!

Thanks--you too!

Jennifer: Aw. :( Maybe they'll do it again sometime . . .

Jayne: Same here!

Elliot: You're welcome!

(And you'll be receiving an email from me shortly BTW, Elliot. :))

RaShelle: Thanks--I just couldn't pass up the chance to help a dog somewhere.

Susanna: I'm sorry you missed the deadline! They might do it again; apparently this is the second time Pedigree has done it.

E.R. King said...

This is so cool! How did I miss this?