20 February, 2011

Crusader Challenge: The Lie Is Revealed!

You know yesterday's post?

"Crusader Challenge: One Secret, One Lie, One Interesting Quirk, One Annoying Habit, One Character Trait, and One of My Favorite Things--Not Necessarily In That Order"

Well, according to the challenge rules, I have to tell you what the lie is now.

. . .

. . .

Ready for it?

. . .

. . .

Oh, holding you all in suspense has been fun! *evil laugh*

. . .

Just kidding about the evil laugh.

All right, all right! I'll tell you. Here's text from my original post:

I love riding elephants and camels—the former of which I’ve done a few times and the latter is something I do at any opportunity.

Yes, the lie is the one about the elephants and camels. But not in the way you'd think--I have actually ridden a camel, and a few elephants, but I don't love it. In fact, I'd definitely skip it if I got the chance to do so again, since it's A) bumpy (and the camel was actually kinda painful seeing as a metal bar was digging into me) and B) riding those sorts of animals was fun the first time, cool the second, interesting the third, but that has since worn away into "Ah yes. Elephant. Camel. I'll pass, thank you."


The people who came the closest to the answer are Witless Exposition, Devin Bond, Old Kitty, Dezmond, W.B., Sandra Ulbrich Almazan, and J. L. Campbell.

And yes, people, I do eat my sandwiches like it says in the post, in layers, one layer at a time. I cannot swim, and it's likely I would drown. The activity I mentioned is dance, more specifically, ballet recitals and other performances.

;)

So. Now that you know more about me, what do you think?


-----The Golden Eagle
Enhanced by Zemanta

22 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Bummer you can't swim. And riding a camel doesn't sound fun - or smooth!

Indigo said...

What do I think, I like the truths about you and this glimpse inside your head. I can appreciate the fact in some ways your different, but in others we're a kindred spirit. (Hugs)Indigo

Devin Bond said...

Woo! I was close. I think the sandwich quirk is kind of cute.

Old Kitty said...

I am so glad it wasn't how you ate your sarnies cos that's just so unique and amazing!!! Yay!!!

I rode a camel once across a small bit of the Sahara and hated every moment of it. And the feeling was mutual. The poor camel did not want me on its back!!!

Take care
x

The Words Crafter said...

Riding a camel looks painful, even when you see it in the movies. Ouch! Still, you've done something most of us haven't, so cool!

Stephen Tremp said...

I always like to learn more about other bloggers. Guess my life has been boring by comparison. I've never ridden an elephant or a camel before, but now I want to!

Robyn Campbell said...

Hmm, I think I'll stick to riding my horses. :)

Sorry I missed it. Sounds like everyone had a lot of fun.

Jai Joshi said...

So I was wrong. Dang it.

I don't blame you for not liking it. I've never been into the whole idea of riding on camels or elephants either.

Jai

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I'm pretty scared of riding a camel. I think I had a bad experience when I was little. Either that or I had a very vivid dream about one at the Zoo laying down with me sitting on it.

Gary Baker said...

Even chicken mayo?

Her highness, Samantha Vérant said...

Aww man! I missed out on all the fun! (And I'd stick with riding horses...)

: 0

Madeleine said...

LOL! Yes I have ridden on a camel and I would say it is not an experience anyone would want to do in a hurry again! Great piece :O)

....Petty Witter said...

I have to say riding a camel desn't appeal to me either. Good to get to know a little more about you.

Talei said...

Oh, riding elephants and camels, I've done both too and found them both very bumpy indeed. Especially the elephant, the camel I felt like I might fall off. ;-)

I like these truths!

Have a lovely writerly week!

Milo James Fowler said...

I was sure it had to be the sandwich one, dang it! =]

Kindros said...

Riding an elephant sounds amazing. I'd want a basket rather than saddle though. :)

N. R. Williams said...

I've never ridden either beasts but my kids and theirs have. I hope you learn to swim, it's fun.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

Yat-Yee said...

Hi there! I've tagged you at my blog today.

Riding a camel: sounds like great fun.

The Golden Eagle said...

Alex: Nope, I can't. :P

It isn't!

Indigo: I'm glad you think so. It is interesting to find out how bloggers are so alike in some ways, but different in others, isn't it? :)

Devin: Yes, you were!

Old Kitty: LOL. Thanks!

You rode across the Sahara? Wow. That's awesome. :D

The Word Crafter: Yeah . . . even the movies can't make some things look pain-free.

Stephen: I wouldn't say boring! You've published a book, after all, and that's some accomplishment!

Get cushions. :P

Robyn: I've never ridden a horse, actually. LOL. Elephants and camels (and a pony or two) but never a horse.

Jai: Eh, who eats sandwiches like I do? It was the answer that made the most sense!

Sharon: You had a dream about a camel lying down, while you were on it? I'd be nervous about riding one, too, if I had!

Gary: Well, yes. Even chicken mayo. :P

The Golden Eagle said...

Samantha: There are lots of other Crusade Challenge posts! There will be 216, if everyone else participates . . . LOL.

Madeleine: Hey there, fellow camel rider! ;D

Thanks!

Tracy: Glad you enjoyed. :)

Talei: They sway a lot, don't they?

Glad you liked them!

You too!

Milo: Nope, not the sandwich one. :P

Kindros: Me, too, if I ever ride an elephant again!

Nancy: I most likely will, sometime in the future!

Yat-Yee: I'll be right over to check it out! :)

Bumpy, though.

Edith F. said...

The sandwich thing was so improbable I knew it had to be true. ; ) And as for what I think... well, someone who can think creatively about eating a sandwich is someone I want to know!

The Golden Eagle said...

LOL. ;D

It's nice to know you as well, Edith!