24 February, 2011

I've Been Tagged!

It's been a long time since I've done a tag! Yat-Yee Chong at the blog of the same name tagged me with this, so here I go!

*****


1) If you have pets, do you see them as animals, or are they members of the family?

Hendersen is a member of the family! (Even if he didn't truly appreciate being dragged around in a cat carrier while we were moving . . . it was either that or leaving him in the backyard, which we certainly weren't doing.)

2) If you can have a dream come true, what would it be?


To contribute something to the world, in any form, whether it's large or small, and has positive effects.

3) What is the one thing most hated by you?

Stereotypes. Especially since I'm homeschooled--I keep running into the fact homeschoolers are often thought of as being "weird" "dorky", blind when it comes to social situations, etc. 


4) What would you do with a billion dollars?

A billion dollars?! That's a lot of money. But first things first--make sure the people around me are safe and secure, and then donate a percentage to organizations that help people all over the world. Invest what's remaining and use the interest to continue supporting the people mentioned above.


5) What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?

Writing. Playing a musical instrument. Reading a favorite book. Running.

6) Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?

Loving someone. Although it is nice to be loved in return. :) 


7) What is your bedtime routine?

Take care of teeth, take out contacts, put away the stuff I was using earlier. Bathroom, too. (You aren't pulling the chair trick on me! ;D)


8) If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your partner?


Ask me that again in a decade.

9) If you could watch a creative person in the act of the creative process, who would it be?


I can vouch for a writer's process--it's probably the closest of most processes to a spectator sport, LOL--but it would be interesting to watch a musician compose something.

10) What kinds of books do you read?

Everything. Well, I have my favorites--all sorts of SF, Fantasy, Realistic/Contemporary Fiction--but if there's a genre I haven't tried I'll chase after it and if it's well-written and a good story then I'm not picky.

11) How would you see yourself in ten years time?

Doing scientific research. And writing a fascinating book about it. Okay, that's just how I'd like to see myself. 


12) What's your fear?

This tag really doesn't hold anything back, does it? I don't have a single biggest fear--at least, I can't think of any at the moment--but I can tell you that despite all my thoughts on writing and etc., the most important things on my plate aren't getting published. If I don't get published . . . *sigh*.


But. I can still write anyway, right?

13) Would you give up all the junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to visit space?

As in, actually get the chance to be in a shuttle and go to the International Space Station? ABSOLUTELY. (Besides, I don't eat that much junk food.) 


14) Would you rather be single and rich, or married and poor?



Make that happily married and poor.

15) What's the first thing you do when you wake up?



Shut off the alarm and go to the kitchen to eat breakfast.

16) If you could change one thing about your spouse/partner, what would it be?



Please see answer 8.

17) If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?



I like my name. Both here on Blogger and in life, although few people spell/pronounce it right the first time . . . and with an American accent it's hard to get my Chinese name right.

18) Would you forgive and forget no matter how horrible a thing that special someone has done?



It depends on who the "special someone" is. And what they did. But considering very bad things? No. I might not give them the cold shoulder for the rest of their life (or mine) depending on who it is because I don't like holding a grudge, but I wouldn't be able to let some things slide, and certainly not forget them.


19) If you could only eat one thing for the next six months, what would it be?


Er, soup? It's fluid, and you can put all kinds of things into it . . . so I would think I'd be able to stay a little healthier than if I ate something like chocolate the whole time.

*****

And there we are! Feel free to take this tag and fill it out yourself if you want to. :)


-----The Golden Eagle

35 comments:

Kindros said...

Great answers. I'm the kind of person who won't hold grudges either, but there are some things that are very difficult to forgive and will never be forgotten.

mist of the blossom rain said...

Ha ha! love reading other peoples tags.

Mary Vaughn said...

Few secrets left with this tag. These are always fun to read.

The Golden Eagle said...

Kindros: Thank you!

I agree--somethings, okay, but others just can't be let go so easily.

Emily: They're fun, aren't they? :)

Mary: It's fun to fill them out as well!

Summer Ross said...

Wonderful answers! I don't think I would give up my good food to go in to space though. :) have a great day!

C. N. Nevets said...

Chinese names rule.

Talli Roland said...

Great answers, and I love the name Henderson! :)

Talli Roland said...

Great answers, and I love the name Henderson! :)

N. R. Williams said...

I enjoyed your answers. I can see how different the answers will be as one experiences life.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium

Brian said...

There were a lot of questions there, but I liked your responses. Hey, maybe you could do your writing from the space station!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Soup is a great answer. I would give up junk food in a blink for a chance to go into space.

Old Kitty said...

Wow!! These are tough questions and great answers!!!

Thank you for sharing!!! I remember watching a docu-drama (as an aside - do you like these types of documentaries - where they re-anact a period just for visual emphasis? The jury is still out on that one for me. Some do it wonderfully, others are just silly, e.g. narrator saying: Dr So and So was sitting at his desk when he found his whatever - cue: man dressed as a doctore sitting on desk looking contemplative.) ANYWAY!!!!! I was watching one about Beethoven - and by golly - to be a fly on the wall when he was inspired!! I think what I remember most of that docu drama was why and how he composed Fur Elise. A heart in love and then broken make for very potent inspirations!!!

Take care
x

Jules said...

For someone not old enough to vote, you sure have some wise answers. BTW, I marked this date for a decade later, I'll be back looking for the answer to #8 :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Alleged Author said...

My doggie is a member of my family, too! I think pets should always be considered as such. :)

Heather said...

Excellent answers! Now we know a bit more about you, loved this! My animals are members of the family too. They have to be, they cost too much to be just pets! LOL!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Love your answers. I've never understood people who say they wouldn't know what to do if they won the lottery. To me, it's a no-brainer--do good, help others, just like you said. What a joy that would be.

Shantal said...

Great answers!!, All of my dogs are members of the family too :P , thanks for sharing. :D

Angela Ackerman said...

Wow--these were quite the questions! Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself. :)

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Stephen Tremp said...

Nice to get to know you a little better. I agree that pets are family members. I've always felt this way because we've always had pet. Those vet bills are expensive, but necessary because ...... they're family members!

Misha said...

I enjoyed reading your answers.

Like you, I'm all for forgiving. Forgetting is something else entirely...

:-)

Rachna Chhabria said...

Loved reading your answers. I too like soup and find it difficult to forget if someone has hurt me very badly.

Theresa Milstein said...

My husband does scientific research. It's pretty tedious, from what I can tell.

I'm not a fan of holding grudges either.

Charles Gramlich said...

Interesting stuff. I too read in just about every genre. And if there's one I don't know much about I seek it out.

Jai Joshi said...

I like your last answer of eating soup for three months. Eminently practical and something like I'd say!

I wish I knew how to say your name. I'm in the same boat in that my Indian name is difficult to pronounce for people in the west. It's difficult to hear them butcher it through no fault of their own.

Jai

Arlee Bird said...

A lot of well thought out answers here. Good job.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Julie Musil said...

These answers were great! And in my opinion, your a real writer because you still want to write no matter what. Awesome attitude.

Clarissa Draper said...

Billion is a lot of money! Imagine the amount of soup you could buy! Fun challenge.

The Golden Eagle said...

Summer: Thanks!

I would. LOL.

Nevets: 'Course they do. ;D

Talli: Thank you!

Nancy: I'm glad to hear you did! :)

Brian: Now that sounds like fun!

Susan: Thanks!

It's too bad Discovery is making its last trip . . . *sigh*

Old Kitty: Thank you!

I don't believe I've ever seen a docu-drama, although I can see how they would get turned around to be silly . . . happens with a lot of historical stuff, doesn't it? :P

Wow--I can see Fur Elise coming out of something like that. It's a sad piece.

Jules: Thank you! Although, I'm not the wisest person. If there's a tag out there with fault questions, I'm sure being wise in some situations would be one of my answers.

I'll be happy to answer. ;)

Alleged Author: I agree!

The Golden Eagle said...

Heather: Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed this tag.

Tricia: I'm glad you liked it. :)

Definitely.

Shantal: Thank you!

Angela: I agree--one of the harder tags I've done!

You're welcome!

Stephen: Of course. :)

Misha: I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Exactly.

Rachna: I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Same here!

Theresa: For me, it depends on the kind of research. I don't mind tedium--as long as there's a result.

It's tiring. :P

Charles: I see it as a challenge--and besides, it's fun to read all the different kinds of books out there!

Jai: Some soup is really salty and unhealthy, but if it has the right ingredients then I don't see why someone couldn't survive on it for a while. :)

Great minds think alike! ;)

I used to have a Chinese doctor, actually--that was interesting, because she had a name with the same sound in it as mine.

The Golden Eagle said...

Lee: Thank you! :)

Julie: Thanks!

I do--and I'll probably be writing for a long time. :)

Clarissa: I agree!

LOL. A lot of soup!

Holly Ruggiero said...

Soup is a clever answer because it’s not a specific soup so you get’s lots of leeway!

alexia said...

Good answers and fun to learn more about you! I got tagged with these questions, too.

The Golden Eagle said...

Holly: And it tastes good. :D

Alexia: Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Looking forward to reading your post, then!

Yat-Yee said...

Thanks for playing! It's fun to read the answers from a much younger person.

....Petty Witter said...

A long time since I have read of anyone being tagged, its good to know people are still doing this as I think its a fun way of meeting other bloggers as well as getting to know more about the blogger buddies we already know.