22 March, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (33)

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.

Rules for participating:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teaser is from The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett. I finished it yesterday, but since this book is so absolutely hilarious I just had share a teaser from it.

(Not the cover of the copy I took out of the library, but I couldn't find a good-quality version of the right one. And besides, I like this one a whole lot better.)

"Good morning, dwarf (indicating miscreant), I am Overseer Vimes of the Look."
   Lady Sybil heard Inigo give a little groan.
   "Krz? Gr'dazak yad?"
   "Hang on, hang on, I know this one . . . I am sure you are a dwarf of no convictions. Let us shake our business, dwarf (indicating miscreant)."
   "Yes, that will just about do it, I think," said Inigo. "Mmm, mhm."
-p. 125

*Italics indicate dwarf language.

*****

Do you have a teaser, or thoughts on the book you're reading? Feel free to leave them in the comments!


-----The Golden Eagle
Enhanced by Zemanta

22 comments:

Summer Ross said...

Many of my friends enjoy this author. great teaser Eagle!

Talli Roland said...

Sounds like a great book! :)

Rogue Mutt said...

Not my favorite Discworld book, but that one's pretty good.

gautami tripathy said...

Very good teaser. I will check it out. Looking at all those teasers only makes my tbr pile longer! So many books, so less time to read, so less space to keep!

Here is my Teaser Tuesday: Out At Night by Susan Arnout Smith post!

Jennifer said...

Intriguing, I have not read these. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesdays-the-bird-house.html

Alice Audrey said...

Are they talking past each other, or is that the way dwarfs are?

- Alice

mist of the blossom rain said...

Oh it does sound funny!

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Nice teaser :) Thanks for dropping by!

Jemima Valentino said...

I love Terry Pratchett, one of my fave authors ever!

Great teaser, amazing book.

Here's mine
http://jemimavalentino.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-march-22nd-reunion-by.html

Jemima x

Old Kitty said...

Oh my favourite author!!! One of my favourite author's book. I love this book - I love every word, everything!! Love it!!! Yay!! :-)

Take care
x

Paul C said...

'We know that anger can be a kind of compost, and that it is within its power to give birth to something beautiful.' From Thich Nhat Hanh: Peace Is Every Step

Lori said...

I hope that you are enjoying your book. Here is my Teaser For Tuesday.

Sun Singer said...

I've never ready anythig by this author. Looks like I should. :-)

Jules said...

Nice little teaser but those dwarfs talk funny :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

laughingwolf said...

pratchett's one of my fave writers!

Shelley said...

Sounds funny! :) Great teaser, thanks for sharing!

N. R. Williams said...

I've heard so much about this writer. I haven't read any of this books yet, but I plan to.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium.

The Golden Eagle said...

Summer: He's a great author. :)

Thank you!

Talli: It is!

Rogue Mutt: There are, what, 30+ Discworld books? I was looking it up earlier. :P

Gautami: Thanks!

It's the same with me. :D

Jennifer: I would definitely recommend them! They're quite funny.

Alice: LOL. I think it's just the way dwarfs are. ;)

Emily: It is a funny book!

Juju: Thanks!

It was great to read your teaser.

Jemima: The second I saw he was ranked among Kurt Vonnegut, Carl Hiassen, and Douglas Adams I had to take it out. :)

Old Kitty: LOL. I feel that way about many books. :D

The Golden Eagle said...

Paul: That's a wonderful teaser!

Lori: I did enjoy it! :)

Malcolm: This is a great book.

Jules: LOL. Yes, they do.

Laughingwolf: I really must find the other Discworld books. :D

Shelley: You're welcome! Glad you liked it.

Nancy: You should! :) They're quite funny.

Su said...

I love this book. Really, anything written by Terry Pratchett is golden. And anything with Vimes in it is extra-golden.

Deborah Walker said...

Oh, good choice. Terry Pratchett is the only author I buy in hardback. Every time.

The Golden Eagle said...

Su: Well, this is my first book of his that I've read--but I have to agree with you on the golden part. :D

Deborah: Hardback is for the best authors IMO, too. :)