05 November, 2010

Random Things

Quinn at Seeing, Dreaming . . . Writing awarded me! Thank you so much, Quinn!


It is the Versatile Blogger Award, and the rules are to list 7 things about yourself and pass it on to 7 other bloggers.

Now, I've already received this award before and answered the questions, but I've decided to list another 7 things about myself as the Random Things from the title. Hopefully I won't bore you to death.

1. I don't write emotions fluidly. At least, I don't when it comes to the characters I'm currently working with. The emotions that I type out just don't feel right now of the time . . . or they're too important or they seem false. (Do you have this problem?)

2. NaNoWriMo, I am going to get you! I passed the 10,000 mark yesterday, but I know compared to some you that's not much! I've seen numbers in the 20,000-40,000+ range. Wow. Those are a lot of words, people! Keep it going!

And for a bonus, this is me right now:


(Meter HERE)

3. You know that post, "How To: Beaming Someone Up Into A Spaceship"? I've got something like that planned for tomorrow, too; I'm interested in seeing how it's going to go over.

4. Don't forget to switch your clocks this Saturday night! Daylight Savings Time. I don't like DST much. Too much hassle, and not all countries observe it. (If you want a really good site that tells you all about DST, go HERE. I love those nodes.)

5. So the Republicans took over the House of Representatives. I'm ecstatic, everyone. Extremely happy with the direction the government is taking.

*sighs* I can't really say I'd be ecstatic with the Democrats, either. No one really wants bipartisanship where they're not trying to destroy the other's agenda and no one really wants to collaborate. At least, they seem pretty darn stubborn to make things as difficult as possible.

6. I have 180 Followers! 180! That's . . . awesome, everyone. Thank you, all of you, for following! :)

7. I'll be sure to check out you fellow Crusaders soon! I signed up for the Writer's Platform-Building Crusade yesterday, (see below post) and I have to get started on that list. :)


So. Now that all is said and done: Thank you for awarding me once again, Quinn! (You really should go check out his blog. Go on. *nudges* Come back once you've followed.)

Now, for those I am going to award . . . I'm going to do what the lovely Jules (you should go check out her blog as well, everyone) decided to do, and award the followers in the first 5 rows on the Follower gadget. (If you see yourself there and get shoved back by newer followers when you come back later . . . well, consider yourself awarded anyway. :))

Have a great Friday, everyone!


-----The Golden Eagle
Enhanced by Zemanta

12 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Congratulations with your award!!

Good luck with nano - over 10,000 words - that's brilliant!

take care
x

Len said...

Congratulations on the award!!! and all the best with NaNo! Hhhmmm...about emotions, I think my characters can get emotional, depending on the situation. But I remember writing some 'scenes' with so much emotions in them :)

Talei said...

Congrats on your award!! ;) And go get that Nano done. I'm in awe of everyone doing the Nano this month. Next year I will sign up. Have a lovely weekend!

Mary said...

I have no doubt you will do 50K and more. Way to go, Eagle.
Congrats on the award.

The Golden Eagle said...

Old Kitty: Thank you!

Len: Thanks. :)

Some scenes to tend to have more emotion than others.

Talei: Thanks!

I hope you do sign up for next year's NaNo!

Mary: Thank you, Mary!

Misha1989 said...

Congrats on another award!You are doing so will on Nano. I am sure you will have an entire novel written in no time!

The Words Crafter said...

Fantastic nano stat! As for emotions (as well as a few other things) they either show up now or later in editing, when I have more time.

Congratulations on the award and also to Jules!

Quinn said...

Thanks for nudging people in my direction :)

Good luck with NaNo! I'm not doing it this year, but next year I will be.

Deni Krueger said...

Congrats on Nanowrimo:) I'm too far into revision to try to start something new. Maybe I'll follow your lead next year.

The Golden Eagle said...

Misha1989: Thanks!

I hope so! :P

The Words Crafter: I don't like editing . . . probably why I get a little nitpicky when it comes to writing my 1st draft.

Thank you!

Quinn: Hey, no problem! :)

Thanks for the support!

Deni: Thanks, and I hope you do join up next year!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Congrats on the award! And I did remember to set back our clocks last night.

The Golden Eagle said...

Thanks, Diane!

Good for you! :D