23 October, 2010

Post Of Spectacular (Depending On Your POV)

NaBloWriMo, you are not going to get the better of me. I'm posting, see?

Have a great weekend, all--I'll be blogging more tomorrow, but today I think I'm going to take off and read Bloodhound and watch 2001. And enjoy the fall weather. There's a Festival going on right now, and my mom and I checked it out earlier--the local zoo had a cool demonstration with a great horned owl, leopard gecko, tree frog, sugar gliders, and a milk snake. There were some craft things going on too, and it was warmer (and sunnier) than it was yesterday.

I wrote 2000 words, so I've accomplished something in my novel. I still have not, however, written that backstory I'm supposed to get around to writing before the 31st. I've got 8 days, though!

I'll leave with this:

The Wilderness Downtown

(Really. Put in an address! Don't close any windows it opens, though! And turn on your speakers. What? OK, OK! I'll let you go now . . .)


-----The Golden Eagle

11 comments:

Jennifer Hillier said...

I loved the Wilderness. A friend sent it to me and I totally had an emotional reaction to it.

Enjoy your fall day!

Caroline said...

Wow, it's amazing you've been able to post every singe day! You go girl!:)

Oh yeah...*grins sheepishly* I haven't done the challenge yet, either. I was originally going to do it for one of my Nano characters, but I'm not sure that's even the story I'm going to write anymore...oh well, I'll figure something out:). And I can't wait to see yours--I know it'll be good!!:D

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I've posted every day but count weekends as one. And wow, you've done a lot already today!

Mary said...

Well, you certainly accomplished more than I did today. I played with my great-grandson(2yrs)all day.
Even at my age I choose FUN!

RaShelle said...

8 days???!!!! Holy moly.

What a fantastic day you've had. Sounds like the zoo was a blast. =D

Misha1989 said...

2000 words is a lot!
I hope you had a lot of fun at the Zoo.

Quinn said...

NaBloWriMo has been tough at points.

I can't remember the last time I was at a zoo. I'm jealous now.

Marieke said...

Sounds like a great day! :D

And Bloodhound = love :)

The Golden Eagle said...

Jennifer: It is cool.

Caroline: I'm sure you'll think of something! :D

Alex: Good idea. Saves you a post!

Mary: FUN is awesome. :)

RaShelle: It was actually a demonstration thing-er at the middle school, but it was cool.

Misha1989: Yeah, and my mind knows it. "Edit, Edit, Edit!"

I did. :)

Quinn: But there's only a week left! I know the bloggers can pull through.

*le gasp*--JK! But zoos are awesome places.

Marieke: I love Tamora Pierce's writing. :)

Theresa Milstein said...

Do you have to write backstory for NaNoWriMo or for yourself? I think about, but never write backstory. Good luck as you progress.

The Golden Eagle said...

It's for a challenge for a blog I run with a group of other girls. Caroline's the on who came up with the original idea. :)

Thank you!