21 October, 2010

Tag, Award, Random

The tag comes from Shaynie at The Book Blog! She tagged anyone who liked Sherlock Holmes. :)


1. Do you like Sherlock Holmes?
Yes!

2. Would you ever like to go overseas and work with a relief agency in a war-torn country?
It would depend on the type of relief work that I'd be doing. It would also depend on where I'd be doing the relief work . . .

3. Do you like foreign films?
I've never watched a foreign film. (Is this bad?)

4. Do you like writing?
No. I HATE writing! I loathe it! The beings who possess my mind and force me to write are cruel enough that they don't even make me like the awful chore!

*ends good-humored sarcasm* Yeah. I love it.

5. Will you be doing NaNoWriMo? What's your book about?
I'm not going to be doing NaNoWriMo, although I will try to write as much as I can next month.

As for what my book is about, it's . . . complicated. Not to mention it has CLASSIFIED written all over it, (even to my mom because I don't want to spoil the plot for her :D), but I can say that there are spaceships. And dictatorships.

6. What's your favorite animal?
I love lots of different animals, although I get the feeling you've already guessed I like birds of prey.

7. Have you ever been to a foreign country?
I was adopted from China, so yes, I HAVE been to a foreign country! Unfortunately, I don't remember a thing. I flew over Korea, (stopped in Seoul), Russia, and Canada. Plus Alaska.

8. Are your ears pierced?
Nope.

*****

The award comes from Rachel Morgan at Rachel Morgan Writes!


It is the Cherry On Top Award.




Thank you, Rachel! :)


I received this award a short time ago, and already answered the question, although it was phrased a little different than this: If I had the chance to go back and change one thing in my life, would I, and what would it be?


I'll answer it again anyways. No, I would not, because I've learned too much and done too much in my life to warrant going back and trying to change it. :)


*****


Now, for the random!


If you visited my blog yesterday, you may have noticed that I didn't appear to have published a post yesterday--when I DID. It was the book review of Krik? Krak! which I accidentally told Blogger to publish on the 17th. Darn. So, if you I slipped up on NaBloWriMo, I didn't!


Only an absolute bookworm would get hyper at the idea of traveling to two libraries in one day and getting out a million books at each, which I will presumably be doing tomorrow. They're both very good libraries, too. Plenty of YA, and MG, and Adult, and even DVDs. Utopia, people.


Which only makes me more frustrated when I learn that the District's representative wants to CUT THE LOCAL LIBRARY'S BOOK BUDGET DOWN TO ZERO. Otherwise known as nil. Zip. Nothing. They may have given the librarians a salary hike, but no new books if this budget thing continues!


They don't do interlibrary loans around here, either. Darn it!


*****

It's supposed to snow tomorrow. SNOW. It's only the end of October! Whew. But I don't mind--I actually like snow. :)


Have a great Thursday, everyone!


-----The Golden Eagle

17 comments:

Clarissa Draper said...

You were adopted from China!? Or is that also sarcastic? If yes, wow, that's really cool. I like Sherlock Holmes too. I can't believe you've never watched a foreign film.

CD

C. N. Nevets said...

I like a lot of foreign films, but that includes a lot of foreign films that people don't really mean when they talk about liking foreign films. they usually mean foreign art house type films, but I like many of those, too.

Sherlock Holmes? Eh. I like Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes on TV. I've read all the Holmes stories, but they alternately irk and bore me.

Marieke said...

Sherlock!!! *loves*

Congrats on the award ^^

And snow, how brilliant! Early, but brill!

Icewolf said...

I want snow *whimper*

N. R. Williams said...

Congratulations on the award. Well deserved.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's just wrong about the library's budget! And I didn't know you were adopted from China - I learned something new today.

Hannah Kincade said...

What do you mean you've never watched a foreign film?? Duuuuude, you need to!! There are so many great ones out there. I mostly watch Asian films but I watch tons of British TV shows/mini-series and I've started watching some French movies. Great stuff. I get bored with American movies because they're predictable to me (I've seen a ton of movies) so I like how foreign films are more refreshing to me.

DLCurran said...

Somehow I knew you were adopted from China... but I'm not sure how I knew that. Maybe I'm just a pychotic stalker and shouldn't be left on my own for more than two minutes at a time. That might explain the voices. Maybe I shouldn't be writing, I should be tied down so I stop stalking innocent bloggers!

The only 'foreign' film I ever watched was 'Das Boot'... I'm not so good with hearing one language and reading another. Just not clever that way, I guess! ;) But I DO like Sherlock Holmes... at least all the ones I've read (which is maybe (?) ten or twelve, I think. But I liked them, darnit!

And congrats on the award! You definitely have 'that something extra'!

Angela Ackerman said...

I won't be doing nano ither, but November will be a massive revisions month, so i'll still feel I'm accomplishing something. :)

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Theresa Milstein said...

I hope they don't cut the library budget entirely!

Can't think of snow just yet. Shudder.

The Words Crafter said...

For some reason, libraries all over are getting the ax! What's the deal? It's awful....

Snow?!! You're looking at a chance of SNOW?!! I am so jealous ;)

Jules said...

Sherlock is my favorite! Congrats on the award. Yes, libraries and books in general are getting a raw deal lately. :(

Can you send me some snow :D
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Shaynie said...

Awesome!!! You NEED to see a foreign film!!!!!!!!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I loved Sherlock Holmes as did my junior high pals, THE LEAGUE OF 5. My mother read us each of the stories and novels as they slept over at my house during the weekends of a childhood time that with all their deaths has become bittersweet.

Thanks for the kind words on my story in Erin Cole's 13 DAYS OF HORROR. They meant a lot to me.

RaShelle said...

Hi - Way cool you were adopted from China. Lots of cool info to learn from you. Thanks for sharing. And congrats on your award! =D

C. N. Nevets said...

@DL - You probably knew she was adopted from China the same way I did. It's one of the first thing G'Eagle mentions in her profile. :)

The Golden Eagle said...

Clarissa: Yes, I WAS adopted from China--I wasn't kidding that time. :D

Nevets: I certainly haven't read all of them, but I enjoy reading them. I've never watched a Sherlock Holmes series/movie, or whatever they're called.

Marieke: He is pretty astute, isn't he?

Thank you!

Brilliant, indeed.

Icewolf: *sighs* It didn't snow, unfortunately. I sorta wished there had been some snowflakes . . .

Nancy: Thank you! I'm honored you think so. :)

Alex: I know! And I just found out that it's all the libraries in the entire county that are getting their budgets slashed. Darn it!

Hannah: Nope! But I can see that they'd be a change of pace; the mindset/actors would all be different.

DL: As Nevets says at the bottom, it says on my profile that I was adopted from China. Don't worry about being a stalker! ;D

Thanks!

Angela: Revisions are important for the story! It'll definitely be getting something done. :)

Theresa: Me, too.

I like snow, but it is a little early . . .

The Words Crafter: Come on, everyone! Let's keep the libraries!

Ah, well. It didn't snow anyway. :P

Jules: *sighs* Poor old books . . . they're so underestimated in this world! ;)

I would if I could!

Shaynie: I'll see one eventually, I'm sure. :)

Roland: It's cool that she read those stories to your League of 5.

I'm sorry that they are no longer living.

Of course, Roland! I love reading anything that you've written.

RaShelle: Thanks!

Nevets: Yup. :D