07 October, 2010

Some News

I would like to call to your attention THIS POST over at Dreaming in Books.

If you comment on that post, part of a blog tour for Swati Avasthi's Split, one dollar goes toward charity. The only thing is that the comments have to be more meaningful than, say, "this books sounds awesome!" and other one-sentence phrases that are so very ubiquitous.

John (who is an awesome guy, BTW) is also hosting a giveaway for two copies of Split, in case you're interest is piqued and you want the book.

*****

Speaking of books, I really shouldn't have waited so long to write another book review.

*sigh* Sorry. I was just busy commenting and writing writerly posts and also being a wee bit lazy, and I wasn't quite sure which book to review--as you can tell from the last post I settled on She Thief by Daniel Finn. Excellent book, everyone. I think I'll review The Thief later this week, Beautiful Creatures, The Cat Who Walks Through Walls, and Krik? Krak! next week. (Ever heard of any of these? Just wondering . . . Krik? Krak! was actually a National Book Award finalist.)

Anywho. Have a great day, blogger people!

-----The Golden Eagle

13 comments:

Clarissa Draper said...

Thanks, you have a great day too. I will go by and check out the other blog.

CD

Tere Kirkland said...

Thanks for spreading the word about the charity. Swati is a great writer.

Hannah Kincade said...

Thanks for the links and spreading the word.

I can't wait to read your reviews!

Mary said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

All those titles grabbed my attention so I'll be looking into them.

Shelley said...

Thanks for commenting on my post! I really appreciate it! I actually have never heard of any of those books. I guess I'll have to come back to read the reviews! :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I get busy commenting and blogging 'stuff' so I understand!

Darlyn said...

Thanks for sharing the link.

Kirk? Krak!? I never heard of that =)

N. R. Williams said...

Sounds like you're busy. I will check out the other blog. I hope your day was great.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

The Golden Eagle said...

Clarissa: Great!

Tere: I've never read her work, but from what I've heard it's really good. :)

Hannah: You're welcome.

They'll be up soon!

Mary: It was fun.

Awesome!

Shelley: I hope you do, and that you enjoy them.

Alex: There are just so many great blogs out there!

Darlyn: Sure!

I hadn't either, until I saw it in the library.

Nancy: I hope your day was great as well!

brave chickens said...

Hi :)
At bookclub, we were told that 'Going Bovine' was in the running to win a silver Inky. I felt kinda cool that I knew what that book was about, from your review, hehe.

The Golden Eagle said...

Hi, Brave Chickens!

I'm glad you got something out of my review! :D

Misha1989 said...

Thanks for the links! I want to see what you think about Beautiful Creatures. I liked it but not so much as others seem to have. I have not heard of the other books but will check them out.

The Golden Eagle said...

I've read a lot of really positive reviews as well, and I think I'm of a similar mindset as you--it wasn't terrific, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been.