29 October, 2011

Answers To Reader Questions: Post No. 4

***My Halloween Bloghop post is below, in case you're looking for it!***

Following up on my answer HERE about college, some bloggers wanted to know more, so here we go:

Sarah Pearson asked:

What do you think you might study in college?

Science. Physics, biology, something along those lines . . . though I've thought about a lot of different possibilities. Architecture/engineering still sounds like fun.

Alex J. Cavanaugh asked:

Any colleges catch your eye yet?

Er, I haven't really looked at many--I know, I know--but as far as things look right now, I'll probably end up going to a local college.

Misha asked:

Are you planning on studying further once you're done with school?

After high school, definitely. And I'd certainly like to get a degree.

Shelly asked:

Do you believe homeschooling has made you tighter with your parents?

Parent, actually. I was adopted (don't know who my birth parents were) and my mom never married, so it's just me and her (or is it her and me?), and I do think it's made us tighter. Though I'm certain we'd be tight regardless of homeschooling. :)

**********

And some other catch-up things: Several people have awarded me in the past couple of weeks--just so you don't think I've forgotten, I'll be posting about them sometime early in November!

I also got a couple Google friend requests in the past month. The problem is, they only showed up once when I followed a blog, and I can't find them again; usually they come up whenever I "join" a site, visit my Follower dashboard, or check site settings. So, to the people who sent requests: I'm not ignoring you, just can't figure out how to accept! Sorry about that . . .

**********

Hope you're having a great weekend!


-----The Golden Eagle

17 comments:

MISH said...

The Q&A gave me a little peek inside your busy life. Thanks for sharing.

Shelley said...

That's nice that you and your mom are so close! :) Enjoyed reading your answers!

Old Kitty said...

Oh wow - all the sciences - you science person you! Yay!!!

Take care
x

Roland D. Yeomans said...

You might try thinking what you want to do as an occupation to support yourself, then study in that discipline. You can take courses that just appeal to you for minors.

Look at what fields are hiring and which of them appeal to you most. And I am a science person, too. I got a Master's in Psychology, though now I am a rare blood courier. A good education is never wasted.

Thanks for visiting my blog and staying to chat, Roland

Jemi Fraser said...

Awesome. Sounds like you're heading in the right direction! :)

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, Golden,

I am so glad you are excited and attending college. Judging by your posts an education in Science seems to fit you perfectly. However, architecture is an amazing way to express your creative side. But you do have a wonderful outlet with your writing.

Study creative writing as a minor. You are very talented and I think you would really enjoy learning more about your artistic writing side.

Good luck with your choices and keep us posted.

M.E. said...

I have given you an award on my blog, breakingfantasy.blogspot.com!

Sarah Pearson said...

I enjoyed this. I like learning a little bit more about my blogging friends :-)

Sarah Pearson said...

I enjoyed this. I like learning a little bit more about my blogging friends :-)

Belle said...

My granddaughter is taking the sciences in college this year. She is enjoying it. Her first year she concentrated on music but didn't find it challenging enough. Sometimes your first year shows you what direction you will want to go.

Rusty Webb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rusty Webb said...

Thanks for answering questions. I think we always need more people in the sciences. But you should do what you love. You still have tons of time to figure that out.

Marieke said...

That was lovely :)

Madeleine said...

Lovely questions and answers. Glad you are close to your mum it makes all the difference.

The Golden Eagle said...

MISH: You're welcome. :)

Shelley: Glad you enjoyed them!

Old Kitty: LOL. I suppose I am a science person. :P

Roland: Thanks for the advice. :)

Getting a minor is something I'd like to do. Of course, I'll probably end up with something I didn't plan on . . .

Jemi: Hopefully!

Michael: I like the combination of science and art in architecture; buildings have to stay up somehow, yet also have visual interest.

Learning more about writing does sound like fun . . .

Thank you!

And I will. What else are blogs for? ;)

M.E.: Thank you so much for awarding me! I'll be right over to check it out.

Sarah: I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Belle: I will have to keep that in mind . . .

Rusty: You're welcome! :)

I do love science. There are so many interesting fields.

Marieke: Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. :)

Madeleine: Thanks.

I'm very glad we're close.

Joshua said...

I'm just seeing this. All I can say is, based on my neighbor's troubles with his architecture job, steer clear. I'm sure it'll bounce back, but it's been tough for them for a few years now. No one's building, and when the do, they want the plans cheaply.

The Golden Eagle said...

Joshua: True--it's clear enough in the lagging housing market there's a problem.