08 October, 2011

More Answers To Reader Questions . . .

Jake Henegan, after the last Q&A post, wanted to know more of the specifics about the answers I gave to his first set of questions. So, here's the second set:

Care to elaborate on what qualities of your novel's character makes her/him like you?
And name a few books on your bookshelf?


Question 1: The MC of my current WIP and I share a similar sense of dislike toward hypocrisy, absolute power, and we're both solitary in nature--to a point. She seems to take on much of my darker, more cynical side; one of her characteristics is her tendency to come up with snarky, sometimes cutting remarks, aimed at whoever happens to be speaking to her at that moment. Which I sometimes do when I'm irritated, angry, or frustrated.


Question 2: The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor, Incarceron and Sapphique by Catherine Fisher, Deeper by Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams, the First and Second Omni books, And Another Thing . . . by Eoin Colfer, and The Sword of Shannara Trilogy by Terry Brooks are a few of them.


**********


Is there anything else you readers would like to know? :)


-----The Golden Eagle

13 comments:

RaShelle Workman said...

Love The Sword Of Shannara series. I read the first book when I was 11. Still remember to this day how much I loved the book. Shea. Flick. Sooooo good.

Heather said...

Interesting, I love learning more about you and you characters. I can't wait to hear what you think of Incarceron, I haven't read it yet either.

Emily Rose said...

Do you plan to home school until college? Are you taking college courses at the moment?

Charles Gramlich said...

I think many writers bring out their own darker sides to put into their characters.

Donna K. Weaver said...

I was thinking lately that I'd like the read those Shannara books again. That was a fun series.

I don't like hypocrisy either.

Sarah Pearson said...

Some more books to check out there :-)

Jake Henegan said...

Ah, better.

I loved the Sword of Shannara series (and the other Shannara books I've read too).

Thanks for following up the questions.

Sue R (Lauracea) said...

Great to hear you're putting a little of yourself into your characters. I think all great authors do that.

Theresa Milstein said...

I haven't read Incarceron, but I keep meaning to.

Clarissa Draper said...

Great questions. I should do a similar feature on my blog because we learn so much about the blogger. Great books!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Terry Brooks' trilogy is a favorite of mine!

laughingwolf said...

what charles sez re. characters

recommended: the 'imager' series, by l.e.modesitt jr; 'night angel' series, by brent weeks [link in my sidebar]; the millennium trilogy, by stieg larsson [not sff, but well written]; stuff by patrick rothfuss, just read 'the name of the wind'...

The Golden Eagle said...

RaShelle: I read the first book recently; I've got the whole trilogy in one volume, and I'm looking forward to getting around to the other two. :)

Heather: I loved it! It's one of my top favorites, Sapphique as well.

Emily: Will get to your questions next Saturday. :)

Charles: True. I suppose you can't judge an author by their book in that sense, then.

Donna: I agree! :)

Sarah: They're all good books, or look like them, anyway; some of them are part of my TBR pile.

Sarah: Indeed. :)

Jake: I enjoyed the first book in the trilogy I read; I need to get around to the others!

You're welcome! I had fun answering questions.

Sue: It adds a personal dimension when authors put some of themselves into their work.

Theresa: It's an excellent book! :)

Clarissa: Q&As are a lot of fun. I hope you do have one on your blog sometime!

Alex: It's a good one. :)

Laughingwolf: I haven't read any of those books--more for the TBR list, though the Millennium Trilogy's been on there for a while.

Thanks for the recommendations!