25 October, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (58)

Time for Teaser Tuesday, everyone! This weekly meme is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.

Rules for participating:


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week, my teaser is from Sourcery by Terry Pratchett.


"Did you do that?" he demanded.
   "Stand aside, oaf," said the wizard, three words which in the opinion of Ardrothy gave him the ongoing life expectancy of a glass cymbal.
   "I hates wizards," said Koble. "I really hates wizards. So I am going to hit you, all right?"
-p. 83

**********

Got a teaser, or thoughts on the book you're reading? Feel free to leave them in the comments!


-----The Golden Eagle

16 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

Sounds like a fun book with a fun cover.

Heather said...

Ah Terry, always good for a fun read! I just finished my latest read so I don't have a teaser from it. But there is a teaser up on blog today. :)

shelly said...

That was funny. LOL!

Michael Offutt said...

I've never read any Terry Pratchett. But you've mentioned his name so often that I feel that I should or I'm just being a dum dum.

Peggy Eddleman said...

Koble's line is HILARIOUS! It makes me want to read the book just from that alone!

Old Kitty said...

Awww wow!!! Terry Pratchett and Sourcery!! Yayayyayayayayayayyay!!

Take care
x

Susan Kane said...

My husband love Pratchett books. Good teaser. I am reading a most interesting book, and will post on it probably next week.

Lynda R Young said...

"life expectancy of a glass cymbal" LOL! So imaginative.

Josh Hoyt said...

Sounds like a fun read!

Christine Rains said...

Hehehe! Love the teaser!

Angela Ackerman said...

I'm embarrassed to say I have not read Terry Prachett yet! I really need to!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

N. R. Williams said...

I loved that teaser. I've heard so much about this author. I really need to get his books.
Nancy

Jennifer Groepl said...

"Stand aside oaf"

I think I might have to use that sometime. :P

Charles Gramlich said...

This is from what I'm writing right now: I, like my brothers before me, and like many southern boys in my day, drank a lot of beer when I was coming up. I mean, a lot.

Medeia Sharif said...

I like how Koble asks permission. ;)

Great teaser.

The Golden Eagle said...

Cherie: It is a fun story. :)

Heather: Definitely!

I really enjoyed reading the teaser you posted.

Shelly: Glad you thought so!

Michael: Well, you should! (Just kidding.) I just love reading his books . . .

Peggy: I had hoped readers would find it amusing. ;)

Old Kitty: Thought you might like it. :D

Susan: Thanks!

I'm looking forward to reading your post on the book you're reading.

Lynda: I agree--Terry Pratchett is never short on imagination.

Josh: It is! :)

Christine: I'm glad you like it!

Angela: You do. ;)

Nancy: I hope you like them, if you get the chance to read one of Terry Pratchett's novels.

Jennifer: Yeah, me too. LOL.

Charles: Thanks for sharing something you're working on! I always enjoy reading what you write.

Medeia: Thank you!