27 September, 2010

NaBloWriMo

There are a lot of these "Na-something-Wri-Mos" aren't there? Most famous of all being the National Novel Writing Month in November. But I have decided to participate in NaBLOWriMo, the October event just for bloggers.






The objective? Post every day in the month of October with no breaks.

I thought about doing NaNoWriMo and trying to write 50,000 words in November since I met (and exceeded) the 30,000 words in 30 days challenge in June. I almost had 50,000 words that month, actually. But since my book needs a whole lot of work as it is, and I think editing, revising, and restructuring has got to take a bigger place than, it has right now, I've decided against trying for NaNoWriMo. Maybe next year. Also, for some reason, it feels like I'd be doing a disservice to my book if I tried to rush myself and came out with a lot of junk in the process. Junk doesn't do anything for anything.

Therefore, when I saw the NaBloWriMo icon on Alex's blog and also noticed that Cruella was participating, I thought: Well, I'll do this instead!

I suppose you have surmised by now that you're going to be reading a lot of me in the month of October. I will, however, try to make it more interesting than just "Yo." Because I could make every post in that month "Yo." since I believe that would fall inside the posting parameters. The only problem is that "Yo." would be, in a word, BOR-ING. And so I am thinking of things to post about to complete this challenge.

What have I come up with? I've thought of a tutorial I could do, (it's profile-related; you know, that issue where if someone clicks your follower icon but the link to your blog never loads?), I've got some book reviews I could do, (TBR pile: Get. Over. Here.), there are some other things happening, (like book release dates), and I've got an idea for Halloween. (Um, maybe you don't want to know the details of that last one.) And, of course, there is life. Life is unpredictable. There's always something cropping up that I could elaborate on and post about. Right?

But I WILL try to post in October. I will. I shall. I can. I'll schedule things and expand them as time goes by, just to make sure that something will pop up for every day of the month.

What about you? Are you going to participate in this NaBloWriMo?

-----The Golden Eagle

24 comments:

Cruella Collett said...

Yay - so glad that more people are signing up for this one. It's a lot more fun when there are more of us :)

I know you will do great - good luck!

Renae said...

The idea of posting everyday can be a little overwhelming. But if I write the bulk of my posts on the weekends it helps! Well done on the word count. I'm going to have to kick myself into gear!

Christine Fonseca said...

Good luck with it! I may get most days in, but I can pretty much guarantee it won't happen EVERY day!

The Golden Eagle said...

Cruella: It is fun when there are a lot people joining on. :)

Renae: Definitely. Every once in a while I'll look at the scree and say "I don't particularly want to write anything now . . ." but if I do more than one post when I'm feeling energetic I'll have something.

Christine: Thanks! And I know that blogging every day can be a struggle, especially when life's schedule gets busy.

Michelle McLean said...

Ahhh good luck! I don't think I'd be able to do it LOL I'm lucky to get my 5 posts a week up on time LOL I am going to try NaNoWriMo again this year though. Have a storyline all picked out and everything. My goal for October is to finish the book I am currently editing and outline my NaNoWriMo book....maybe then I'll actually get through the month :D

Quinn said...

I had never heard of this. Technically, I'm already posting every day. Maybe I'll do this.

C. N. Nevets said...

Yo.

Angela said...

Good for you, setting a goal to write everyday in October.

Brena said...

Have Fun Golden Eagle Good Luck! I don't think I
will be able to do it! Sorry!

Elliot Grace said...

...geez, posting every day?

I'm lucky to scribe a mouthful of jibberish once a week.

Good luck:)

The Golden Eagle said...

Michelle: Good luck with NaNoWriMo! :D It sounds like you've got an great game plan for it.

Quinn: I hope you do! It would be fun to have another person joining on.

C. N. Nevets: What's up?

LOL. Thanks for following my blog, by the way! :)

Angela: I'll try to keep it up! I post fairly often already, but I not always every day.

Brena: Thanks! Don't worry about not being able to do it; it's supposed to be fun, not a huge struggle.

The Golden Eagle said...

Elliot Grace: Missed you! You posted just before I did and it didn't load. :P

But yes, posting every day!

Your jibberish is always fascinating; I love reading your posts!

Thanks. :)

Memzie said...

Sounds exciting!

Jen Daiker said...

I've decided to join NaBloWriMo as well as NaNoWriMo, bring on the partying because I'm going to be on busy girl this month!!!

Well done on the word count! That's super exciting!

Lynda Young said...

Good luck with the challenge. I think it's harder to post every day than to write 50k words in a month ;)

arlee bird said...

Last year I finsihed NaNoWriMo and blogged everyday as well. I really enjoyed meeting the challenge and felt that it was very rewarding. I signed up for NaBloWriMo at least once but I didn't pay too much attention to what it was about. I've been blogging daily for a year anyway so I figure I've met the challenge.

Lee
Tossing It Out

brave chickens said...

I cannot believe that I didn't find your blog earlier. Where was I? :(
Anyways, I support your challenge of blOctober (hehe). I'd find it insanely hard to do it myself.

Bonne chance!
:)

The Golden Eagle said...

Brave Chickens: Thanks for find my blog! And for following. It means a lot to me.

Thanks. I'm sure you could do it, though! :)

Hannah Kincade said...

I've got Horror fest coming up so probably not. It will be har enough getting all of my reviews up. Eek! :)

The Golden Eagle said...

Hannah: I'm looking forward to the Horror Fest! :)

Quinn said...

Alright, I'm gonna do it. But my birthday is this month. On that day, I think all everyone will be getting is a post that says it's my birthday. And ... Halloween. I love Halloween. That day may just be pictures of my costume. But, I'm in.

The Golden Eagle said...

AWESOME.

Jen Chandler said...

This is the first I've heard of NaBloWriMo. I like it. I'm thinking about it. But I'm already so overwhelmed...we'll see. If you see the little badge on my blog, you'll know I bit the bullet and decided to give it a whirl!

I am, however, definitely doing NaNOWriMo :)

Good luck to you in the challenge!
Jen

The Golden Eagle said...

I'll keep an eye out for it. ;)

Good luck with NaNOWriMo!